Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please add a /killme option

Azzaruth

About 3-5 times a day I tend to encounter a game breaking bug that prevents me from progressing unless I die. Usually while Eidolon hunting that prevents me from using any offensive abilities. While this is annoying, the hardest part tends to be dying as while I cannot do anything my sentinel will happily murder anything in its path preventing me from dying. It becomes such a hassle that I constantly wish for a /killme option that will auto kill my character to reset these bugs.

• Like 11

30 minutes ago, Azzaruth said:

Usually while Eidolon hunting that prevents me from using any offensive abilities.

Jump in water or mount a K-drive/Archwing.

Cause of this bug is getting displaced while using ability. It can be avoided with knockback protection or fast casting speed.

Edited by Zakkhar

21 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

Jump in water or mount a K-drive/Archwing.

Cause of this bug is getting displaced while using ability. It can be avoided with knockback protection or fast casting speed.

All three of these solutions did not work, the Primed Surefooted would be an option if that was an option, but that is waiting based. The only solution is leaving or death.

vor 53 Minuten schrieb Azzaruth:

About 3-5 times a day I tend to encounter a game breaking bug that prevents me from progressing unless I die. Usually while Eidolon hunting that prevents me from using any offensive abilities. While this is annoying, the hardest part tends to be dying as while I cannot do anything my sentinel will happily murder anything in its path preventing me from dying. It becomes such a hassle that I constantly wish for a /killme option that will auto kill my character to reset these bugs.

yes. /kill and /unstuck are important. they constantly upgrade engine and add new content. so new bugs will always exist.

• Like 1

Gerade eben schrieb Azzaruth:

Pretty much, there are far too many bugs in this game to crush all of them, a /killme would be a compromise. It might be abused, but this game is just far too buggy not to have it.

You can't abuse it at all because there are a limited number of lives per mission. Then you can simply turn your back towards the enemy and die that way.

because they already fix the bugs regularly. But there are also regular reports that people fall through the maps. so...

20 minutes ago, Azzaruth said:

the Primed Surefooted would be an option if that was an option, but that is waiting based.

There are numerous other sources of achieving knockback/displacement immunity. Remember it is a status, so anything that prevents status is also PSF.

1 hour ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

I'd not mind having something like this, but I think the reason we don't have such is cuz it can be easily abused 

There is no practical way to abuse that. There are drawbacks in suicides (limited revives, loss of affinity, loss of stacks/buffs), but 0 positive aspect. The only potentially interest would be to force-spawn your Lich/Sister (that procs upon entering bleedout), but they're practically useless I don't see why you'd do that on purpose.

The only reason why they wouldn't implement such a standard option, is that it would be them admitting they can't fix their bugs so they give us a workaround. But we know they won't fix anything (and bugs re-appear anyway), so just implement it, we understand

Edited by Chewarette
  • Like 1

Maybe check the wording…  granted it’s this same outcome but still…

2 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

I'd not mind having something like this, but I think the reason we don't have such is cuz it can be easily abused 

How can you abuse this? Dying in Warframe is frowned upon anyways, people would avoid it unless absolutely necessary (hopefully). 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

There is no practical way to abuse that. There are drawbacks in suicides (limited revives, loss of affinity, loss of stacks/buffs), but 0 positive aspect.

1 minute ago, Malikili said:

How can you abuse this? Dying in Warframe is frowned upon anyways, people would avoid it unless absolutely necessary (hopefully). 

Yes, you'll be right in this however, it can be abused to a certain point.

Take this for example: Someone can load into the mission, use the "Killme" command and then remain dead until the end of the mission, sure you don't get rewards for dying (loss of affinity, loss of stacks/buffs, mission rewards due to afk thing). However, people can still use it to troll, so it makes everyone do the work while you sit back and watch.

Similar to the "AFK-leechers" method, where I know certain rewards are given to you regardless of if your AFK or not IIRC, so someone can just stay dead, not care at all and then only come back after the mission is done or close to being finished and there is the people who'll die right out, rather then letting a teammate bring them back, making the mission slower.

But yes, you are correct there isn't a practical way to abuse it, but people will find a way. It's what people do.

3 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Take this for example: Someone can load into the mission, use the "Killme" command and then remain dead until the end of the mission, sure you don't get rewards for dying (loss of affinity, loss of stacks/buffs, mission rewards due to afk thing). However, people can still use it to troll, so it makes everyone do the work while you sit back and watch.

Similar to the "AFK-leechers" method, where I know certain rewards are given to you regardless of if your AFK or not IIRC, so someone can just stay dead, not care at all and then only come back after the mission is done or close to being finished and there is the people who'll die right out, rather then letting a teammate bring them back, making the mission slower.

But yes, you are correct there isn't a practical way to abuse it, but people will find a way. It's what people do.

Aight, that’s a good point.

Though a counter to it could simply be implementing  mission failure for yourself. Much like with Archon Shards. They also wouldn’t be able to get any drops (boss or not) unless they lived through it. If they’re just leeching without taking anything, I would be fine with it. It’s not like they’re doing anything but wasting their time. 

17 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

It's the same thing as if you AFK completely without being dead, though. You get the inactivity penalty + the risk of being flagged as AFK and subsequently banned.

No difference from current situation where leeches just leech

Edited by Chewarette
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Ok, so how will that be "abused"?  I don't get the point of that troll and why would it ever become a big problem? It's far easier to troll in mobile defense.

27 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

It's the same thing as if you AFK completely without being dead, though. You get the inactivity penalty + the risk of being flagged as AFK and subsequently banned.

No difference from current situation where leeches just leech

41 minutes ago, Malikili said:

Aight, that’s a good point.

Though a counter to it could simply be implementing  mission failure for yourself. Much like with Archon Shards. They also wouldn’t be able to get any drops (boss or not) unless they lived through it. If they’re just leeching without taking anything, I would be fine with it. It’s not like they’re doing anything but wasting their time. 

Maybe, that's a good counterpoint, if DE do such.

Although folks will waste their time sure, but still they get a kick out of the fact you can't invite others and force you to extract, but then again, report and move on. So yeah I'm down for such and hell maybe it'll help us weed out such players faster, by giving them another "choice" to leech.

Two birds one stone

28 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Ok, so how will that be "abused"?  I don't get the point of that troll and why would it ever become a big problem? It's far easier to troll in mobile defense.

Like I said people will find a way, regardless, but the others I quoted here made a good point 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Maybe, that's a good counterpoint, if DE do such.

Although folks will waste their time sure, but still they get a kick out of the fact you can't invite others and force you to extract, but then again, report and move on. So yeah I'm down for such and hell maybe it'll help us weed out such players faster, by giving them another "choice" to leech.

Two birds one stone

The easiest, imo, to avoid all forms of abuse, would be for the suicide option to outright kill you and revive you. So you can't "benefit" of being dead, you'd just be back where you already were, but with the automatic 10% affinity penalty and the loss of one revive.

There have been many times (Using Mirage) where spamming her abilities (Particularly her 1) kinda locks her up. Where she cannot activate any of her other abilities. Often jumping into a respawn area (Water or a out of world zone.) will sometimes fix the issue.  It feels like (weak theory) If have casted her 1 while in the middle of some other action (possibly a bullet jump?) precipitates this. I'm off topic with this I know, but I do support the "Kill Me" function if you do have multiple respawns left and only use it once in a match.

And further off topic: have /unstuck please reset you to above ground / terrain to prevent falling out of world. Honestly, there should be a should be a parameter somewhere in the game that can recognize when a player is oow...

SOMETHING LIKE A BOUNDING BOX! (Trigger Volume) Just under the ground???) Yeah, that.

Edited by PrideB4TheFall

2 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Nobody in a mission where someone could pull this off was hoping to invite anyone anyway.  Invites happen before the mission is even started.  "Oh no, we got someone who's idling and hoping to troll.  Oh well, just like any other time we put the mission on public.  Literally nothing has changed."

I'll support a /killme or /suicide command if the frame/operator pulls out a gun, points it at the side of its forehead or sticking it into its mouth/under the chin (kneeling over a rifle/shotty would also work) and pulling the trigger. I'd also accept if the operator transfers out behind the frame as it kneels and delivers a neckshot to it, or maybe slits its throat.

And before someone says that would be inappropriate I'd just like to point out that you are playing a game where you are breaking practically all § of the Geneva convention already, and the laws of several countries regarding what you are allowed to do or not regarding corpses. Also dont forget those times you take a small trip down cannibal lane, either to sustain yourself or simply to use living beings as high explosive ammunition.

I agree. if they're not gonna fix unstuck not working sometimes, or patching out the places that forces us to use the command, then we really should have a kill command.

Especially useful with Yareli, who, as I just discovered last Monday, still has the frame disappearing bug occur in matchmaking (which I thought was patched out).

also they should make it so when you do use the /kill command this flashes on your screen for a split second before fading out:

7fvfyc.jpg

Edited by Skoomaseller

57 minutes ago, (PSN)Lollybomb said:

Nobody in a mission where someone could pull this off was hoping to invite anyone anyway.  Invites happen before the mission is even started.  "Oh no, we got someone who's idling and hoping to troll.  Oh well, just like any other time we put the mission on public.  Literally nothing has changed."

Fair enough