The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will there ever be more umbra frames/mods?

(PSN)Daikon177

I don't keep up with dev streams and stuff like I used too and don't know much of the lore but is there any reason I shouldn't expect there to ever be more umbra stuff? I know they made excal umbra for the Chinese version of Warframes launch so maybe that's the only reason they did it in the first place but I would love it if they did this with the original 8 frames, not all at once obviously but as anniversary or something like that would be cool and being able to get the full 3/3 set bonus from the mods would be nice to have other opinions like a umbral stretch or redirection.

It just feels like something they could have expanded a bit more on but didn't

Umbra frames definitely not, Umbra mods likely not either but I honestly do wish there were more, even if you can only have three umbral mods on warframes and two on weapons (based on the set bonuses) so people can't be running with 6+ umbral mods on a single build.

Would like an umbral redirection at the very least, Vitality and Steel Fiber got umbral variants so i feel like it's only fair for shields to get the umbral treatment as well?

Edited by crimsonspartan1
  • Like 4

I doubt they ever would since Umbra had lore to explain his state. There was a scrapped idea of a type of Umbral adaptor that temporarily added Umbra's passive to frames but afaik that's all and the last DE ever mentioned on more Umbrals.

As for more mods I wouldn't hold your breath. But at the same time there's no reason they can't add more especially if they keep acting like Umbral Forma is some kind of considerable reward. Best bet here would be trying to ask DE directly.

I know it would be a bit of a logistical nightmare with player inventories, but I think Necramechs and Archguns could get an uplift to match the way a Primary and Warframes are modded, and then add an Umbra set of mods for each. What I mean is reducing Necramech mod slots, but adding an Aura Mod, Exilus Slot, and Arcanes. For Archguns, add Arcanes and Weapon Exilus slots. An Umbra set for Archguns/Necramechs would compliment Melee/Warframes without being woefully gamebreaking while still spicing up the way these could be used in missions with a unique set bonus.

Edited by Voltage

Regarding umbral frames, that was basically just done so non founders could get an upgraded excalibur.

Regarding umbral mods, they could, but its wasted until we get to fight high level sentients on a permanent basis; it wasn't just for the power, people like me were led to believe umbral builds would matter in New War, because the Sentient threat would be off the charts, but none of that really came to pass, so it's like why bother? I'm not using any more Umbra Forma until such a time as we actually NEED to worry about thing like Tau resistance, damage to Sentients etc.

Probably gonna be in for a LONG wait..

Instead of a whole new Warframe they should just add Umbral Adapters

I can see Umbral Adapters being used as a lore reason that gives the Warframe sentience and maybe some sort of sentient res shred like radial howl. 
Of course with how it sounds it should be hard to get, but whatever, sounds cool

It would be nice to see more Umbra frames in a limited number, like the release roster of the game.

Maybe add Frost since he was the first Prime that non-founders could get too. That would be a very solid list of frames.

But I think the reason why they won't do anymore is: They don't want to do the entire roster. 

If they say they're going to do 9, then they'll get asked "why not this frame, or that frame"

It could also risk PAs, why buy a Prime when the next Umbra comes out? 

It's just a can of worms they don't want to open.

Edited by (XBOX)Cram Duahcim

1 hour ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

Regarding umbral frames, that was basically just done so non founders could get an upgraded excalibur.

Regarding umbral mods, they could, but its wasted until we get to fight high level sentients on a permanent basis; it wasn't just for the power, people like me were led to believe umbral builds would matter in New War, because the Sentient threat would be off the charts, but none of that really came to pass, so it's like why bother? I'm not using any more Umbra Forma until such a time as we actually NEED to worry about thing like Tau resistance, damage to Sentients etc.

Probably gonna be in for a LONG wait..

i really thought that Sentients were going to be our "endgame" and modding for them was going to be important.  Strong enemies that adapt to damage and couldnt be nuked! I dont know why they just seem to forget about them. 

Edited by Hypernaut1

12 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

i really thought that Sentients were going to be our "endgame" and modding for them was going to be important.  Strong enemies that adapt to damage and couldnt be nuked! I dont know why they just seem to forget about them. 

Probably because a certain spoiler mode can reset their resistances with barely any cost

*Edit* lol "spoiler mode" as if there are people who somehow got to Umbra without doing the second dream and war within

Edited by (PSN)HallDaOnly