Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grimoire Build It For Crit

Naugus

I'll tell you a secret,

And you'll call me a liar.

I'm deleting Steel Path mobs,

With a freaking Grimoire!

Was the poem any good?  Seriously though, I've been hearing complaints about how bad it's damage is without armor stripping, and realized people are falling for the same trap everyone fell for with the Arca Plasmor.  Yes, it's status chance is higher than it's critical chance.  No, it's not worth the pain and effort investing status mods into a weapon with pure electric damage.  Save yourself from a massive headache and pursue Grimoire's crit potential. 

If you're curious about my build, I'm running it with a Secondary Kinship arcane on my Wisp along with Thermal Sunder and the Thermal Transfer augment.  By buffing the squad I can easily push the Grimoire into orange crit territory.  There's other ways to squeeze out big crits of course (Harrow comes to mind), but this is the build I'm having the most fun with right now. 

Hope this post helps you have fun slinging spells!

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Stormandreas said:

Do not build it for crit.

The tome is a support tool, not a weapon. Build it for fire rate, multishot and use an Invocation mod. It's designed to be used with a caster frame, and that's where it actually works.

It is so painfully S#&$ as a weapon, at least it becomes mildly tolerable to use with all the FR in the universe, god i wish theyd made at least the FR better and the radius slightly larger so it doesnt feel so terrible to use when its so obscenely strong as a statstick.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mixota said:

It is so painfully S#&$ as a weapon, at least it becomes mildly tolerable to use with all the FR in the universe, god i wish theyd made at least the FR better and the radius slightly larger so it doesnt feel so terrible to use when its so obscenely strong as a statstick.

Fire rate, multishot and an invocation mod, use primary direct hits to charge the alt, fire the alt to get your bonus strength, duration, efficiency or energy regeneration. It makes builds so stupidly easy to make now it's unreal!

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Naugus said:

If you're curious about my build, I'm running it with a Secondary Kinship arcane on my Wisp along with Thermal Sunder and the Thermal Transfer augment.  By buffing the squad I can easily push the Grimoire into orange crit territory.

Yeah guys this weapon is DESIGNED for crit  *NOTE: Must have specific helminth, arcane and augment, while only playing in a group to benefit from this crit build*

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, -Krism- said:

Build it for what you want, you can give insights & hints, but don't tell others how to do things

So you should then say the same for the title of this post. "PSA Build it for Crit". I just gave a very short insight to the design of the "weapon" and what it is both designed to, and excels at, doing. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Olphus said:

Yeah guys this weapon is DESIGNED for crit  *NOTE: Must have specific helminth, arcane and augment, while only playing in a group to benefit from this crit build*

I'm not saying it's designed for crit, I'm saying it's worth pursuing a crit build.  You can always just use Harrow's 4 if you don't feel like going down the rabbit hole.

Or just use it as a statstick like Stormandreas suggested.  I'm not your dad, do your own thing. 🙄

• Like 1

The weapon really wasn't thought through through. Because if I buff others and they spam their skills, then there are no opponents for secondary fire. And the thing also flies extremely slowly.

and I rather like heat(for dmg arcane)/corr + wisp + 120% firerate arcane. Wisp can use it to kill normal lvl 120 enemies quickly and the group always has 2 buffs because secondary fire charges in 5-10 seconds.

but for dmg I would rather switch to beam. With ammo eff arcane after headshot I can kill a 20x lvl 190 elite units group within a few seconds. This book can't do anything like that? (I'm too lazy to test)

not being able to be modded for viral heat hurts it a bit (curse you innate electricity!!!!!) but with Yareli and hybrid crit status build it shreds alright

Not as strong as I'd hoped it'd be but it's something. Not sure how the Canticle/Invocation mods hold up (only have Khra for now) but The Lusty Argonian Maid works.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stormandreas said:

Fire rate, multishot and an invocation mod, use primary direct hits to charge the alt, fire the alt to get your bonus strength, duration, efficiency or energy regeneration. It makes builds so stupidly easy to make now it's unreal!

Yeah that is my plan aswell. It just doesnt feel strong enough as a dedicated damage dealer with all other options we have. But as an actual utility tool it has some nice potential on certain frames.

I've made it a buffer book, couple augur mods for shield gating, xata invocation, khra canticle, some fire rate and primed fulmination. So it gives, energy regen, fire rate and shield gating. it's a book of spells and meant to buff yourself and allies and not do any meaningful damage imo.

2 hours ago, Stormandreas said:

Do not build it for crit.

The tome is a support tool, not a weapon. Build it for fire rate, multishot and use an Invocation mod. It's designed to be used with a caster frame, and that's where it actually works.

Don't build it for crit in the game where you can stack-on multiple hundred crit chance onto any weapon?

3 hours ago, Venus-Venera said:

The weapon really wasn't thought through through. Because if I buff others and they spam their skills, then there are no opponents for secondary fire. And the thing also flies extremely slowly.

and I rather like heat(for dmg arcane)/corr + wisp + 120% firerate arcane. Wisp can use it to kill normal lvl 120 enemies quickly and the group always has 2 buffs because secondary fire charges in 5-10 seconds.

but for dmg I would rather switch to beam. With ammo eff arcane after headshot I can kill a 20x lvl 190 elite units group within a few seconds. This book can't do anything like that? (I'm too lazy to test)

Sooo, your laziness says the weapon wasn't thought through? Well get your lazy butt up and test the darn thing out. 😂

Jokes aside ( you are very correct that it won't outperform beam weapons), what I found very pleasing is that the Tome is more diverse than I expected. My first build was for crit and more fire rate but keeping electricity. This was very effective as a CC crit weapon, so I added some proc duration and had some fun. However, my high status chance corrosive+heat build was also performing very well, melting armor while having the burn proc stall them a bit. It's definitely a great support/utility class weapon, IMO, and I love using these types. My primary and melee can handle the main killing while the Tome works for the whole squad. High score from me. 

• Like 1