The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Only 5 weekly allowances for Two new arcanes at 5.62% chance each to obtain them.. Is this acceptable to you?

Daddy.bulbs

5 hours ago, -ShadowRadiance- said:

-legendary- aka should not be easy or reliably farmed. It will thus loose its legendary status.

That its tradeable is good enough.

I just wish the "Legendary Arcanes" were more impressive on weapons. I'm not using stuff like Longbow Sharpshot over Primary Deadhead, Secondary Shiver over Secondary Deadhead and Melee crescendo over Melee Animosity or Retaliation, although so far there doesn't seem to be any "top tier" melee arcanes from what i know, and Melee Duplicate i could definitely see use on with melees that don't have enough crit to hit above 100% easily but most people run high crit melees and use bloodrush and stuff so I see Duplicate as more of a niche arcane for weapons with builds with 50%-100% crit chance than something everyone would use all the time.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, trst said:

2. The Arcane market is in shambles due to the dissolution system so we need new rare Arcanes for plat farming.

It's only in shambles currently because of two reasons:

• Players with 6 year old Arcane inventories can liquidate.
  • DE has made no effort to fix AFK farming in Steel Path Void Survival.

I think after a month or so, it will stabilize itself as players won't have massive stockpiles. Farming Arcanes takes quite a long time. You're also forgetting that the Echoes update will likely be where they add the Arcane pack for the new Melee Arcanes, meaning those won't really be worth farming either.

Truth of the matter is Arcanes have completely fallen from where they used to stand as an upgrade and are now essentially treated like another mod system with an accessible place to farm them. The fact someone can just farm Steel Path and buy packs until they bypass Eidolons is sad.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Voltage said:

You're also forgetting that the Echoes update will likely be where they add the Arcane pack for the new Melee Arcanes, meaning those won't really be worth farming either.

I'm not so sure that this will happen.  There still isn't even an arcane pack for Mirror Defense arcanes.  I don't think DE wants to let us completely bypass new and new-ish content.

1 minute ago, sunderthefirmament said:

I'm not so sure that this will happen.  There still isn't even an arcane pack for Mirror Defense arcanes.  I don't think DE wants to let us completely bypass new and new-ish content.

Per Devstream it was mentioned that the pack for Cavia Arcanes will be added later on.

Edited by Voltage

1 minute ago, Voltage said:

Per Devstream it was mentioned that the pack for Cavia Arcanes will be added later on.

I had heard that as well, but I wasn't aware that they had specifically mentioned it would be in the next (Echoes) update.  To clarify, I do hope you're right.  I'm just not quite as optimistic that they'll immediately do this.  With their current plan of Whispers being the starting point for the next big chapter or whatever, it makes sense that they're planning to keep adding to the Sanctum Anatomica and its related characters/vendors over a longer period of time than just "update" + "echoes" as they had been doing before.

Do you think the lack of Mirror Defense arcanes is an oversight?

7 minutes ago, Voltage said:

They're also 20 Platinum. So yeah, they are easy to acquire. 2 days or 20 Platinum is trivial.

Remember when Arcane Adapters were earned only? Pepperidge Farms remembers.

Are you aware that most of the veteran players own well over a hundred melee weapons? Melee is the most crowded weapon class in the game. Putting an adapter on every owned melee weapon means a whole year of grinding the new syndicate every single day for old time players.

INB4 "But you don't need to put one on every weapon"...

Edited by Cerenax

4 minutes ago, sunderthefirmament said:

I had heard that as well, but I wasn't aware that they had specifically mentioned it would be in the next (Echoes) update.  To clarify, I do hope you're right.  I'm just not quite as optimistic that they'll immediately do this.  With their current plan of Whispers being the starting point for the next big chapter or whatever, it makes sense that they're planning to keep adding to the Sanctum Anatomica and its related characters/vendors over a longer period of time than just "update" + "echoes" as they had been doing before.

I assume the Echoes update, because that is in the new year and when players already moved on from the update besides the players who haven't even gotten into it. DE's bread and butter development strategy always seems to lead towards accelerating the progression of players who aren't bothering with new content or aren't caught up yet after a "honeymoon" period of engagement before the content is abandoned. 

4 minutes ago, sunderthefirmament said:

Do you think the lack of Mirror Defense arcanes is an oversight?

Hard to say. Personally, I can't comment because DE forgets about alot of things, but they also make very intentional decisions all the time. It wouldn't surprise me either way.

1 minute ago, Cerenax said:

Are you aware that most of the veteran players own well over a hundred melee weapons? Melee is the most crowded weapon class in the game. Putting an adapter on every owned melee weapon means a whole year of grinding the new syndicate every single day for old time players.

The people who will go for this on every weapon (like me by the way) are the same people who are going after Archon Shards religiously. It's not even close if you compare time sink. Most people will probably use 10 adapters, one of which is on Glaive Prime, and they will not even bother or care much outside of that.

For the sake of math, I will calculate it out for you. 209 current melee weapons (which is generously including Zaws) equates to 4180 Platinum spent or 10,450,000 Standing. For a Legendary Rank 3 player, that is ~322 days of standing cap. This assumes you own every single melee weapon (1260 Platinum worth of inventory slots), and you want to slot an Arcane in all of them, regardless if you play them much (which includes so much fodder). That isn't even 1 year of standing gains, and 4180 Platinum isn't actually that much if you are farming for it. By comparison, the last year of Archon Shard farming has personally not made much of a dent in my Warframe roster, and I don't miss a weekly.

So yes, it really is easy to acquire and not a big deal.

I dont think DE did much calculating regarding the two arcanes.

If you look at the drop rate of 5-ish% you can expect one 1 in 20 runs, or to put it in gate terms, 1 each 4 weeks. You need 21 to create a maxed arcane, that means you need roughly 80 weeks if things go avarage. That is nearly 2 years...

And remember how much people complain about Khora parts dropping, which sit at around 10% drop rate and can be ran as much as you like, and you only need 4 pieces of in total.

• Like 2

Duplicate is pretty awesome because it will let you use a weapon with high base status but not amazing base cc, it will double it's potential status-proccs. Enter Lesion. Other potential is plague keewar with exodia force. Very interesting arcane. Obviously it would be too powerful if red crits also triggered it. 

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

If you look at the drop rate of 5-ish% you can expect one 1 in 20 runs, or to put it in gate terms, 1 each 4 weeks. You need 21 to create a maxed arcane, that means you need roughly 80 weeks if things go avarage. That is nearly 2 years...

And remember how much people complain about Khora parts dropping, which sit at around 10% drop rate and can be ran as much as you like, and you only need 4 pieces of in total.

I think these are going to sell at 450-500p per r0 as a result of the limited nr per week farm. Maybe in future DE will add additional drop options for this though.

1 hour ago, Cerenax said:

INB4 "But you don't need to put one on every weapon"...

So in other words, "I want everything NOW" is your stance here.

2 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Yes i am not a fan of . Rng with a weekly lookout . It isnt even about the item. It is about the fact its limited mission reminds of mmo's.

grace and energize used to be raid drops... max of 7 tries mixed in with 9 other arcanes for drop...

Not sure how the math works out on the drop chances - I think even that was better chance than these new legendaries...and back then you only need 10 not 21 to get max rank in the arcane.  

I think before you had about a 50% chance of getting at least one energize per week if you did JV every day.
and a 50% chance of getting at least one Grace if you did Lor Everyday - but you could do LoR twice a day so it was even better than that - closer to 80% chance to get at least 1.

and here you have about a 30% chance of getting at least 1 of a specific legendary if you do all 5 netracells, and about a 40% of getting at least one if you don't care which..

yeah it will be a miserably long time before you see full sets unless you are ready to waste some serious plat.

2 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

The context is a discussion that you clearly didn't bother to read, and thus you can go ahead and move along with your ignorance.

And you can move along with your inability to look at context you’re pretty good at it from other posts.

The post pointed out how long it would take to socket all weapons they want with adapters would take an insane grind, your response was “i want everything now” that is not what the poster said reading is a powerful tool amigo.

Edited by (PSN)FrDiabloFr
  • Like 3