Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best arcanes to farm for in Gargoyle’s Cry

dodorichard

OK all lets discuss.

with the Gargoyle’s Cry live we can go nuts and farm for arcanes, I already have a full set of Energize from playing so much Orphix Venom my arms hurt for days. So which are the best, which should we spend our hard earned rewards on?

Let me hear your thoughts Tenno.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, dodorichard said:

OK all lets discuss.

with the Gargoyle’s Cry live we can go nuts and farm for arcanes, I already have a full set of Energize from playing so much Orphix Venom my arms hurt for days. So which are the best, which should we spend our hard earned rewards on?

Let me hear your thoughts Tenno.

Probably just energize. The cost is the same as grace or barrier but its always worth more in trades.

Its a good bargaining chip if you want something else. 

The other arcanes like guardian etc are significantly easier to get in terms of drops from eidolons or from the packs.

get Energize and Grace maxed while you can if you don't already have them: for any newer players reading, these Arcanes are not just hyped, they are REALLY useful things to have that will make your builds a LOT better, and your only other options outside of this event are contending with RNG or forking out a ton of plat on trade. after that, I'd say work on any other arcanes that take your fancy, but for the love of the Void, get energize while you can, you won't regret it.

• Like 2

I fully endorse this post, good information. 2EeLE.gif

18 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

get Energize and Grace maxed while you can if you don't already have them: for any newer players reading, these Arcanes are not just hyped, they are REALLY useful things to have that will make your builds a LOT better, and your only other options outside of this event are contending with RNG or forking out a ton of plat on trade. after that, I'd say work on any other arcanes that take your fancy, but for the love of the Void, get energize while you can, you won't regret it.

• Like 1

Energize for sure but I also cannot stress enough how good Avenger is. It adds flat 45% CC to all your weapons when you're hit.

To elaborate, if you have a weapon with 20% CC and use a mod that adds 100% the result will be 40% CC, but Avenger will add flat 45% and you'll end up with 65% CC. Unless you're using Zariman weapons, this will always amp up your damage significantly.

Can depend a little. Like what Warframes, weapons, playstyle you use or enjoy most. Arcane Energise is generally most peoples priority, since it has a phenomenal effect on your energy economy across most Warframes. That plus since its seen as so valuable, and used to only be really available from Tridolon runs... (and one of the rarer drops) it also got expensive to purchase/trade... We have Arcane Dissolution now, but regardless, its combination or value/perceived value, and its effectiveness/utility is so great, its a great Arcane to prioritise. Especially if you don't have it. Then... its even a decent choice to get a double of, just in case you ever want to sell or make some Plat off it in the future sometime. 

Other rare drops from Eidolons are Grace and Barrier.. If you are really into Inaros and Nidus, or Warframes that health tank, Grace is really good, and rare so, could be good to grab here, if you don't want to do Eidolons, but naturally if you don't care then, less of a priority. Barrier and Aegis are good for Warframes with good shields/synergy with shields. Think Hildryn, Styanax etc, Arcane Trickery is really good with Ash, since you can do Finisher kills so easy, and it grants you invisibility, so it can be a devstating survival tool, and let you be perma invisible without needing to use your ability. If you are still relatively new to Eidolons and interested in doing them, then Arcane Nullifier will make doing them much much easier, which in turn lets you get many of these Arcanes once the event ends... 

If you are really into the guns of Warframe, then Arcane Avenger is especially good, it gives you flat Crit and can basically make any non Crit weapons, a potentially Crit or Hybrid weapon. It can really buff so many weapons, and make stronger weapons even stronger. Arcane Guardian is a decent survival tool for most Warframes, Arcane Velocity is great if you are really into Mesa (increases pistol fire rate). 

Depending on how many you want to get now versus later. I would prioritise the rarer, harder to grind, expensive Arcanes first... especially the ones you think you will definitely use, then gradually work on the Arcanes, you think you might find useful or interesting if you might want to experiment or branch out to eventually. 

When such events first happened, I personally prioritised Energise, Grace, Avenger and Nullifier, because Energise was too expensive to trade, I was really into Nidus at the time, I really like Crit and Red numbers and also was interested in doing more Eidolons in general, so those 4 were my goals. I now have all of them, now, as I am more of a collector/completionist. 

Good luck, and avoid getting burned out! 

I've used Energize for somewhere around 7 years. I even had frames with double Energize.

It's the one Arcane that can entirely change how you build frames. Often dumping Efficiency. I actually had a fully functional dual Equinox thanks to double energize. Both Night and Day at max values with double augments. Energize also functions as a secondary healing method with QT. Grace and Aegis were my second most used though they nerf'd Aegis. Grace has obvious perks. Aegis is good for any frame that has a DR buff like Nekros, Gara or Baruuk.

I actually have but don't use most Offensive Arcanes. This is esp true since the scaling changes and massive weapon power creep.

Enemy damage scaling had always been the source of many issues in the game. It started the CC lock down meta and all the band-aids after. Now enemies do enemy more damage and they didn't change the extreme curve of the scaling so in almost every way. Defense is more important than offense.

EDIT: Also there's a few one off Arcanes for some frames.

• Nekros makes very good use of Pulse over Grace.
  • Loki / Ash Strike or Fury are good use of their Stealth and they'd die getting hit anyways.
  • Trinity Guardian is an easy pick since she doesn't need Energize.
  • Mag Rise or similar non-Crit non-Headshot Arcane for her bubble.
  • Ivara Pistoleer / Rage or similar head-shot proc Arcanes.
Edited by Xzorn

Arcane Energize

everyone and their mother knows the value of this arcane. if you do not have a set, I recommend farming this. EVEN IF you feel/know you won't use it. on sheer convenience value alone I highly recommend this.

People can say "oohhhh u don't need energize blah blah" and yeah maybe true, but you cannot deny the convenience this arcane offers. it is stupidly expensive for a reason.

Arcane Nullifier

for the eidolon hunters. No need to go into amesha/harrow 4 anymore.

Arcane Avenger

free 45% Critical Chance (flat, meaning added on top of your modded/final critical chance) for getting hit. for enhancing your crits, and for masochists. 

Arcane Guardian

same as Avenger but grants Armor instead of critical chance. good for tanking.

Arcane Aegis

Permanent shield gating! Chance to recharge your shields by 30% (at max rank) per second upon being hit.

Arcane Barrier

Similar to Aegis but instantly restores your shields to full instead. has a cooldown.

Arcane Velocity

good for mesa since it also increases Regulator's fire rate. Personally use it on Yareli as well, to push her weapon DPS through the roof. adds fire rate to your secondaries.

Arcane Trickery

If you run a setup that relies on Finishers, or if you play Blade Storm Ash (like me), this is the arcane for you. Chance to become invisible on performing a finisher kill. Synergizes with Ash's Blade Storm since those count as finishers for the purposes of this arcane (and a few other things, like Arcane Ultimatum).

Arcane Fury

+damage on crit for your melee. good if you use them as your primary source of damage. Also one of the few things that can affect Ash's Blade Storm damage.

1. Avenger, Grace, Aegis, Velocity (if you play Mesa or Tits regularly).

2. Since you already have Energize this is direct towards newer players that might read this. Energize if yellow shards or other methods of energy sustain isnt enough for your builds. 1 yellow shard should come close to Energize and is far more reliable since they have no CD, so no risk you blow the bonus energy. Even if you need to spend two shards slots it is worth it considering what stats you give up compared to what you up in the far more limited arcane slots. For instance 2 red shards is 20 or 30% strength, an arcane slots is 60% strength, 2 blue shards is 300 or 450 armor, an arcane slot provides 900 with guardian or 600(?) plus some healing with Reaper.

3. Guardian if you prefer what it brings and how it is activated in comparison to Reaper.

4. Nullifier. Likely not worth the event cost. And since you'll get most eidolon arcanes from the event, using Nulli for eidolon hunting wont really be a priority. It is also a bronze mod, so you can very likely get it very easily from the eidolon/trials arcane pack from Loid by trading in arcanes from other content you might have played already. I for instance had an obscene amount of acolyte arcanes and some others, so traded those in for some specific rare arcanes from other places that I hadnt considered picking up back then, like secondary electric +reload +multishot to slap in my tome.