The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

12/19/23 Cross Platform Save: PC Prime Access Purchasers Live

[DE]CoreyOnline

Just now, (XBOX)ProphetWorm said:

No, time gating is just waiting and thats fine. I have waited 6 years I can wait a day or two. But making it based around a premium parameter is scummy and predatory. 

It's scummy and predatory to give 24 hours of early access to the people that keep the studio open? Most games have DLC which is literally locked playable content. If the split wasn't necessary they would've opened it for everyone right away, they aren't doing this because of greed.

• Like 3

So I am going to assume that console players, such as myself.  Who bought prime access in the past on console(s).  Will possibly be able to "Gain access to cross-save" in the next *possible* phase? *IF* things go more smoothly? I just want to move from slow xbox one to pc for that sweet sweet SEXY load times and fps.

Edited by (XBOX)BoilaHamster
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, (XBOX)ProphetWorm said:

No, time gating is just waiting and thats fine. I have waited 6 years I can wait a day or two. But making it based around a premium parameter is scummy and predatory. 

I don't think that it is remotely predatory, especially if you can't impact when you get in a wave by buying a PA right now. You have to break people apart in some fashion and it wasn't going to be "fair" to someone regardless.

If it was random people would feel they weren't getting something they were entitled to as vets. If it was highest MR first people would think that "not grinding things" made them second class. If it was account creation date everyone who joined on Switch or later would be upset as they were, at best, middle of the pack. There is no clean solution here that makes everyone happy.

Edited by (NSW)Juraash
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, (XBOX)ProphetWorm said:

Calm down.  What do you think has kept the game running for 10+ years? It certainly hasn't been all the in-game ads and paywall content! Us Founders got it started and kept it from closing in 2013, Prime Access purchasers have kept it going since.  

• Like 5

The problem is
I think the schedule is not clear.
It would be easy to wait if I knew exactly what day of the week the Switch version of the console would be released, but if I didn't know that, I couldn't wait.

The Switch version takes so long to load that other consoles finish a single task.
And the frame rate these days is especially bad XD

• Like 4

Just now, (XBOX)Big Roy 324 said:

What about foundry items. I've got a lot of nonsense in the foundry for both accounts. Just want to make sure before I buy slots to quick claim. 

foundry items work, items I had still in my ps4 account were crafted waiting and everything crafting in my PC account was still crafting, no issues there

34 minutes ago, (XBOX)ProphetWorm said:

Smart or not thats not a "phase", thats a paygate. and its scummy.

35 minutes ago, xVoidPrime said:

one last attempt to make those who can't wait for things buy something 

it's a smart move tbh to push some prime access sales 

36 minutes ago, (XBOX)ProphetWorm said:

So the cross save is paygated for this phase? I understand Founders, they the OGs. But paygating the progression on phase 2 is insane. 

32 minutes ago, Tlt_Foker said:

And you think I'm going to pay? I mean, what did the person in charge of this process think?

Cross-PAY

These are horrid takes, in all honesty. DE is using those metrics as a way to ease the players into the system. It isn't about money. Likely these metrics were taken long ago and can't change even if you guys started purchasing packs.

Have patience. It's not as easy as flipping a switch, it's a slow roll out system that can easily wipe entire accounts and break the servers on a massive scale. It's either this, or chaos.

• Like 7

For what it's worth, as someone who can merge, they've left it "broken" for many of us.  If you did the one-time migration to Switch, your PC account cannot be merged into.  So, my Xbox account - which has lots of currency, but not as much progress as PC - cannot be merged into my PC account. 

There is no technical or business reason for this.  They should be blocking us from migrating Switch back into PC - that'd be a free duplication, basically.  However, there's no reason to block a merge from Xbox back into PC, just because that was one-time migrated to Switch.  They just haven't thought through the scenarios - they're treating the one-time Switch migration as if it was "all consoles", which it was not.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PlacidFlunky said:

oh beware you do not appear to get extra riven slots, at least the 'base' 15 anyway I was immediately 9 slots over when I merged.

Did they just pester you to buy more slots or did you have to destroy some?

1 minute ago, Epistri said:

i have the option to link but everytime i click it, the option disappears 

It's just letting you know it exists.  I see the same on the main page but when I click it just links to my account page that says "sorry not yet tenno"

At this point, I'd just appreciate a clear intention for the phases, not necessarily a timeline as I understand that it may not exactly line up, but something like:

"

• Phase 1; Founders (Released 18th)
  • Phase 2: Prime Access on PC (Released 19th)
  • Phase 3: ... (Intended for [date]) 
  • Phase [x]: Open to everyone (Intended for [date])

"
Would be really appreciated, as I'd rather not have to keep checking in every day in the hope of being able to finally play the game again (since I don't have access to the console my main is on).
It'd be much nicer to know that "oh, I can just wait at least [y] days to merge when phase [z] releases".

• Like 14

Just now, TheDoggoLord said:

At this point, I'd just appreciate a clear intention for the phases, not necessarily a timeline as I understand that it may not exactly line up, but something like:

"

• Phase 1; Founders (Released 18th)
  • Phase 2: Prime Access on PC (Released 19th)
  • Phase 3: ... (Intended for [date]) 
  • Phase [x]: Open to everyone (Intended for [date])

"
Would be really appreciated, as I'd rather not have to keep checking in every day in the hope of being able to finally play the game again (since I don't have access to the console my main is on).
It'd be much nicer to know that "oh, I can just wait at least [y] days to merge when phase [z] releases".

apparently that's too hard a concept to them... :/