Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How would you feel if WF 1999 have another Open World map?

Rixuel

Personally I prefer the open world maps since they're more interesting than seeing the same handful of tiles for the umpteenth time. So I'd call it a win.

Really DE needs to expand the tileset system to have some baked in variety. Instead of just having static rooms stitched together there should be variety within the rooms, even if it's as simple as having different arrangements of clutter.

• Like 3

I'd love it. Kinda hate what they did with the zariman making it random tile generation. It kinda works with anatomica but the constant transitioning between outside and inside rooms feels really disjointed.

The biggest issue the game's open worlds has Imo is just not utilizing the space well. and having a ton of landmarks that no bounty stages ever take place in. Like half of fortuna's landmarks are entirely unused and it's really wierd and frustrating. More if you count the caves as landmarks. So much wasted effort.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, trst said:

Really DE needs to expand the tileset system to have some baked in variety. Instead of just having static rooms stitched together there should be variety within the rooms, even if it's as simple as having different arrangements of clutter.

👆 love that idea. I would love to see alt versions of the same rooms to spice things up. Clutter, lighting, wear & tear  I think the best example I could give is the Jupiter gas city exit with the cargo containers if there could be some shuffled variants that be awesome.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

As for the original question of open map, I don't care what DE does as long as it fits the content experience DE want to present.    🐲👍

Edited by (XBOX)DragonMan 2700
spacing
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Rixuel said:

How would you feel if WF 1999 have another Open World map with city buildings, subways, etc?

Warpunk 1999 is what it better be. I think it'd be super cool to run around even a small section of NYC on New Years Day 1999.

• Like 1

honesty im done with the "open world" aka tiny island of stuff , duviri , fortuna, cetus, ect , enclosed static map areas , not my favorite thing, i dont enjoy bounties, i dont enjoy their syndicate grinds, nor micro grinds for gear assembly, but at least its guarantee were to grab it from (arcanes and such) 

i enjoy playing the RNG tilesets and given thats majority of the game 

dont mind how the new WITW setup had larger maps, laps exploring as a procedurally generated dungeon , thats fun and has a variety of open to close combat zones, micro lore stuff hidden around was enjoyable 

• Like 4

I think it would be nice and a bit ironic if they went back to their roots.
The game started as a dark Sci-fi corridor shooter and it might go full circle.

There are aspects of the dark corridor shooter that are entirely lost in open world. The map, enemies and objectives are always different and have a different approach to solving these tasks. The open world Biomes are detached from the rest of the game, static and in the end there's an ideal method to do them. My usual pick is Nekros.

The Rep hubs can go away too while they're at it. Put loot back on the enemies and stop with this mission spam nonsense.

Open world ends with Deimos, and maybe Duviri.

Open world was a mistake in Warframe. DE knew this. It was not true open world. It was one giant static map that was even more boring than your regular missions. 

Zariman system is the way to go for Warframe. A huge map for you to explore while keeping the randomness of procedural generation. 

If WF1999 is another static open world (highly unlikely) then I am not going to play it.

• Like 1

I would prefer it not.  I think Warframe is at its best with randomly generated maps.  Navigating the twists and turns and obstacles to get from point A to point B in tilesets is so much more engaging than any of the navigating we've done in Open Worlds...because Open World navigation always becomes flying into the air and moving in a direct, uneventful line to your point of interest, with nothing to engage you on the way there.  The world is open and big, and the result is that it feels small and empty.

I'm sure the experience varies from person to person, but when I'm traveling in the Entrati Labs, I'm constantly aware of the terrain around me, trying to efficiently move towards my goal through each tile with well-timed bullet jumps and slides and glides.  The fundamental movement system — which is my favorite thing about Warframe — shines in this context.  I love it, and Open Worlds unfortunately throw that in the trash.

Open Worlds do have a handful of strengths, of course.  But if new content is going to be an Open World, then I want it to be because the content DE wanted to make is best suited to an Open World.  If that's not the case, I'll prefer random tiles every time.

• Like 1

Oh, as a side thing, if they’re going to do open world, DE need to force the player to engage with it; otherwise the smart player will optimise the game away.

You want to fly around and turn the area into a 2D texture? Tough titties; you’re running around and paying attention to the world and what it’s made of. Players will experience the world, they will like it, because otherwise they’ll do it like once, go “How quaint”, then cheese it through the area despite it being worthwhile for the sake of feeling like they’re in a location to actually treat it like a place instead of a texture

On 2024-01-08 at 2:44 AM, Joezone619 said:

That's what i'm saying, these aren't open worlds, stop advertising them as such DE.

When did they "advertise" Zariman and Entrati Labs as "open worlds"?

Edited by haolee510
  • Like 1

On 2024-01-07 at 9:59 PM, PollexMessier said:

I'd love it. Kinda hate what they did with the zariman making it random tile generation. It kinda works with anatomica but the constant transitioning between outside and inside rooms feels really disjointed.

Honestly, being able to pick bounties in the open worlds is great instead of returning to the hub every mission, especially when DE fails at placing the quest giver next to the transition door.

Since it's supposed to be set in a modern city, I wonder if it could work as a "randomly generated open world" with city blocks working as tiles instead of just rooms.

And while I am at it, a return of Hubs being colonies/towns full of people instead of giant rooms for 4 NPCs only

If it's as densely packed with little things to do like Duviri, maybe give it some random Spiderman-esque pop-up events, that would be cool.

If it's just a big space to fish/mine/run bounties, I would be pretty disappointed.

I expect the following :

A central hub that looks like a subway station of NY.

Procedurally generated tilesets that are interior of buildings / lots.

The Y2k infected computers as enemies , and missions that are some variant of zariman/aldretch labs.

On 2024-01-07 at 12:47 PM, (PSN)AyinDygra said:

and yet, they produced Deimos after that declaration... so...

You're forgetting that Deimos was pushed up from its original slot in the release schedule due to the pandemic. It was originally meant to release after The New War and Duviri.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2024-01-07 at 2:28 AM, Rixuel said:

How would you feel if WF 1999 have another Open World map with city buildings, subways, etc?

The duvri open world was such a letdown I would rather just not have them try it again. (Duvri looks good, but not for how long they spent working on it....)

• Like 1