Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will DE ever update Operator's hair?

Tymloo

As happy as I am that Operator's faces were upscaled in New War I also really wish they did the same with the hair, currently from all the hairstyles the most used one is still the 023. Has DE confirmed if there will be any updates to the operator's hairstyles? (Ideally reworking or upscaling the older ones and finally giving us something new)

Also the body types of drifters/ adult operators are just upscaled child bodies. I find that more than mildly unsettling and creepy. The drifter male and female needs a full rework, head and body including hair.

Edited by Prexades
  • Like 1

vor 11 Stunden schrieb Tymloo:

As happy as I am that Operator's faces were upscaled in New War I also really wish they did the same with the hair, currently from all the hairstyles the most used one is still the 023. Has DE confirmed if there will be any updates to the operator's hairstyles? (Ideally reworking or upscaling the older ones and finally giving us something new)

yeah. looks horrible. they better use few polygons like from old sonic games for haircut

probably not, though maybe after they implement the reworked animal fur they showed, they could use some of that wizardry on Operators/Drifters? would be kind of nice.

2 hours ago, Prexades said:

Also the body types of drifters/ adult operators are just upscaled child bodies. I find that more than mildly unsettling and creepy. The drifter male and female needs a full rework, head and body including hair.

I suppose, but then given how some people react to sexualizing/gendering characters, adding boobs to fem-Drifter and a bulge to Drifter-man is probably just going to make more problems than it solved.

one could also argue that the Void changes the body, as it changes everything it touches, so we get crazy powers but our bodies appear a bit flatter: fair trade IMO, especially when you own nice clothing.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb (PSN)robotwars7:

probably not, though maybe after they implement the reworked animal fur they showed, they could use some of that wizardry on Operators/Drifters? would be kind of nice.

I suppose, but then given how some people react to sexualizing/gendering characters, adding boobs to fem-Drifter and a bulge to Drifter-man is probably just going to make more problems than it solved.

one could also argue that the Void changes the body, as it changes everything it touches, so we get crazy powers but our bodies appear a bit flatter: fair trade IMO, especially when you own nice clothing.

There is a lot of room between over sexualiziation and making a character sexless.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Prexades said:

There is a lot of room between over sexualiziation and making a character sexless.

I wish that was true, but in this day and age... :clem:

In the end I think the features of the Drifter should be in the hands of each individual player as much as the rigging can support it. If someone wants to turn their drifter into themselves it should be up to them, just as if someone wants to turn it into someone imaginary. That some might take offense with pronounced body features should be of no concern, since it is just how people can look naturally irl aswell.

edit: One thing I always think when people claim something is over sexulization these days is "imagine if the ancient greeks and romans could see this!".

Edited by SneakyErvin
  • Like 2

I more wish they'd update the base movement speed to at least Duviri Drifter levels.

Yes I know Mind Step is a thing and I'm working towards unbinding it now, but GOOD LORD the move speed so obnoxiously slow without it.

I hope to see goatees, chinstraps, and mustaches for Operators. They may not be "Adults" but many teens have facial hair. 

I would like some body types too. Thin, Average, Thick. 

Drifter wise...

I more or less want the same thing. I often laugh when I think that It'd love to redesign Drifter so I can replay The New War to make him look like my Operator but Past his Prime, losing his Mid-Life Crisis, beholden to hard liquor, and all out of F's to give. 

I wish we'd get an update on the Drifter models of Operator Armor.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Aerikx said:

I hope to see goatees, chinstraps, and mustaches for Operators. They may not be "Adults" but many teens have facial hair. 

I would like some body types too. Thin, Average, Thick. 

lol this will never happen buddy, you are asking for body types of people who are underaged?

Edited by Circle_of_Psi

2 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

lol this will never happen buddy, you are asking for body types of people who are underaged?

Not sure I appreciate what you are implying/accusing me of there.

Tenno are what? Late Teens/Early Young Adult years right? 

If they are supposed to be underage then DE did a terrible job at their models. Beyond lacking facial hair they do not look like kids. Now, Nakak in Cetus? She looks like a child. The Vent kids? They look like a mixture of H.S. Freshmen and Seniors with Boon in particular looking like a College Freshman.

The Tenno look like Seniors in High School at the earliest. 

(Last I checked though, there have always been Skinny, Fat, and Average sizes at all ages)

I like to imagine that Grendel's Operator was probably as chunky as the Frame.

🤔 ...

Or...maybe Gauss' Operator was morbidly obese, so he controls a fast and thin frame in order to live out his dream of running free, while Grendel's Operator was skinny and anorexic and thus....dreamt of eating the world. 

7 hours ago, Aruquae said:

You mean the gremlin? The one DE forgot about after the New War?

Forgot them so hard they've received multiple outfits and had unique dialogue in quests set after it?