The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Would you be fine with either A: Focus Booster B: Buy Focus Via Plat

Hi All

So real quick question, Would anyone here be fine with either getting a separate booster that aims towards Focus only (So acts like a typical booster) or would you allow DE to grant us some pack inside the market that allows us to buy a boat-load of Focus points towards a selected school?.

I'm a little on the fence myself about allowing what is partially a "Pay to Win" item in the Market, but since we already have similar stuff now (You can outright buy a Railjack or Neramech) from the Market that allows you to skip not only the grind but also the Quests related to them, including the Tome mod collection.

Now you prob wondering "Dude, why don't you just farm like a normal person?" well the answer to that to put it bluntly (and shortly): I'm a lazy son of a gun but I also still seem to find the Grind for the Focus is still quite hefty for a casual player like myself (Since I don't go into end-game content, such as Eido Hunts or Nercscells). I don't stay into endless Wave missions, since they are simply not my cup of tea.

It's a miracle in itself that I have managed to max out Zenruik School, let alone start work on other Schools (I have still yet to unbind since the price is steep) and way back then, I did a small Maths test back then to see how many Shards I'd need to Max out an entire school in one sitting with JUST shards alone.

Old Info: You will need 145 Radiant Shard OR 232 Brilliant Shard. Then you need 4 more Brilliant Shard to Unbind and 1 more Brilliant Shard to Unlock an entire School.

I'm not sure how 100% this information is today, since the Focus system had a rather big change as of late and DE is actively trying to make it easier, but back to the question at hand, what will you think of the two following since I am quite curious how much of a % I am (or the player base) is in of NOT haveing all the schools unlocked.

-Psi

hace 14 minutos, Circle_of_Psi dijo:

You can outright buy a Railjack or Neramech

Pay to win is something that can only be achieved by paying for it and this two thing are not. Warframe does not have pay to win. You cannot buy mastery ranks or weapons with 5 formas and full of mods upgraded to the maximum, that would be pay to win.

What you want is an affinity booster but for focus, but focus is tied to affinity in the first place so it would be redundant or possibly exploitable (people would buy both boosters). The focus for platinums is quite of a Chinese game from the 2000s, If you want a lot of focus, simply hunt eidolons, convert the drops into focus.

In the end I don't think it will happen.

Edited by CosoMalvadoNG
  • Like 2

After the rework I would say that this is somewhat dumb. There is no need for any more boosters as getting the full daily amount is as easy as playing the game with lenses for whatever school you need more focus for. So the answer is:

frog-yeah.gif

• Like 3

focus is something that should not be made easier.......I finished all the focus schools a long time ago and now sit on over 55 million unusable focus as it simply generates with every day you run missions. I am not alone in this as in the Q&A chat i mentioned how i had over 45 million in Madurai alone and several other people replied that they had similar and some even more. trying to speed up a process in Warframe would basically just push players into a wall where the millions of resources are next to impossible to use even faster.

• Like 1

Affinity boosters also boost fokus, don't they? So there you go, it's already in the game. Not that I care either way, DE can just outright sell those eidolon shards for plat if they want for all I care.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Traumtulpe said:

DE can just outright sell those eidolon shards for plat if they want for all I care.

That actually makes more sense…

Helps with pay to skip grind, and I’m sure a lot of players would buy that (myself included) just so it means I don’t have to go to Cetus. 

40 minutes ago, CosoMalvadoNG said:

Warframe does not have pay to win. 

I find this argument's only necessary evidence are Excalibur Umbra, Skiajati, Grimoire, and Nataruk. Quest reward loadout that can do level cap with the right build. Sure the mods will take time to get, but a full build can be had quite easily with no rivens required.

Edited by Agall

Call me crazy but there's a couple things that maybe are going under your radar when it comes to focus farming + maximisation of the schools.

Lets begin by you own topic: Focus boosters.
They don't seem a good idea at all for two reasons:

1. There's a limit to how much focus a player can earn daily, meaning you effectively would waste the effect of boosters.
  2. Affinity boosters applying to the conversion rate for focus lenses already provides this effect while not limiting their bonus to just focus.

Likewise, buying focus for plat sounds terrible.

Not liking endgame content is fine, I do not enjoy Eidolon hunts either, did the ones I needed for my focus schools & that was it, stills, if you want to farm focus fast and efficiently, perhaps you should consider doing SP Circuit, as the amount of focus you gain per Thrax unit is 2'5k, so in a 4-man squad the focus yield can be quite impressive per round (You don't need to kill them yourself, just stay within affinity range).
Or, you could do ESO with a lens on a weapon + frame + whatever, and since you get a Focus orb every start of the round, you gain more affinity for 40s, which isn't bad, though squad SP Circuit is way better.

As for eidolon shards & schools:
You only need 10 of them to unbind all the nodes from all 5 schools (2 each). It's that 🦐le

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, CosoMalvadoNG said:
38 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

You can outright buy a Railjack or Neramech

Pay to win is something that can only be achieved by paying for it and this two thing are not. Warframe does not have pay to win. You cannot buy mastery ranks or weapons with 5 formas and full of mods upgraded to the maximum, that would be pay to win.

Mastery is one of thing that are "real" test (you can cheese them but you still have to do it alone).

As for weapons, frames, amps etc - you may not buy them maxed but you can max them pretty quickly. So you buy Qorvex, buy packs of forma (3x - 25 plat afair), Potato, buy some mods (either from DE or from other). Then you go to some higher level mission with group. You can do nothing and you still get it maxed quickly. I've done some RJ void storms in Veil x6. I've picked Tenet spirex just to try. I just shoot it few times. I've got it almost maxed at the end. And I think RJ is even less efficient for leveling gear (at least RJ part, normal frame part like Survi would be better I guess).

What I like to use is "Pay to skip". You skip some part of grind/farm but you can still do it normally. People name it Pay2Win but I like to make distinction.

31 minutes ago, xXDragonGodXx said:

After the rework I would say that this is somewhat dumb. There is no need for any more boosters as getting the full daily amount is as easy as playing the game with lenses for whatever school you need more focus for. So the answer is:

frog-yeah.gif

The thing is OP doesn't want to play. For some guy 25+ it were easy max schools. However if you are low MR and/or without lenses then it can be problematic a little.

Focus want you to spend your time on some activity. For people that have some very precise goals in mind that could be problematic. Like I farm X, Y, Z today. I can do it e.g. in 30 minutes. It isn't very intense killing farm so I won't get many focus. However game want me to just spend time killing (or watching someone killing, I think orbs would still spawn).

I understand that "faster mentality". I kinda agree. However I would like for focus to be more activity oriented. So you are Vazarin. You heal allies by 500 hp. You get 500/10 exp. YOu group 3 enemies. You get 3x 5 exp. You are summoner. You summon 3 beasts. You get 3x 20 exp (ok, that was joke).

3 minutes ago, johnno23 said:

focus is something that should not be made easier.......I finished all the focus schools a long time ago and now sit on over 55 million unusable focus as it simply generates with every day you run missions. I am not alone in this as in the Q&A chat i mentioned how i had over 45 million in Madurai alone and several other people replied that they had similar and some even more. trying to speed up a process in Warframe would basically just push players into a wall where the millions of resources are next to impossible to use even faster.

So maybe make it even harder? what about one focus school costing 1 biliard exp? That would make all people use that big exp. /sarcasm

Just because we have excess of focus doesn't mean that it's easy or hard to gain it. It just mean we have played enough. It means as well that we need other stuff to convert focus. No, 5 or so items are not such stuff. YOu buy them and loop starts again.

1 hour ago, CosoMalvadoNG said:

Yeah, that's why I was thinking it could only be "partially" a "Pay to Win" item, since it's not really Pay to Win, more thus "Pay to Skip Grind"

So you are right here, thanks for clearing that up o7

1 hour ago, CosoMalvadoNG said:

What you want is an affinity booster but for focus, but focus is tied to affinity in the first place so it would be redundant or possibly exploitable (people would buy both boosters). The focus for platinums is quite of a Chinese game from the 2000s, If you want a lot of focus, simply hunt eidolons, convert the drops into focus.

In the end I don't think it will happen.

Yes, I can definitely see how it could be redundant or possibly exploitable since I know affinity does help with Focus, but IIRC you can only get Focus with the lens on your weapons, so it has some sort of limiter maybe? 

But yes, I don't see this being a thing, tho I am curious what else they might do easy the new player stuff

1 hour ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

Plus I would rather not get a focus booster from sorties or archon hunts.

Hah, you are right on that lol

Let's NOT add them to the Sotires or Hunts

1 hour ago, xXDragonGodXx said:

<Gif>

Fair enough (I love the gif btw)

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, (PSN)Pablogamer585 said:

Call me crazy but there's a couple things that maybe are going under your radar when it comes to focus farming + maximisation of the schools.

Yes, there are prob a ton of things that have gone under my radar and many of you are porb doing this:

Me after tennocon trying to figure out what I just watched and how it  functions : r/Warframe

37 minutes ago, (PSN)Pablogamer585 said:

Lets begin by you own topic: Focus boosters.
They don't seem a good idea at all for two reasons:

1. There's a limit to how much focus a player can earn daily, meaning you effectively would waste the effect of boosters.
  2. Affinity boosters applying to the conversion rate for focus lenses already provides this effect while not limiting their bonus to just focus.

Likewise, buying focus for plat sounds terrible.

Yeah, I threw that idea into the mix for more of a "Hey, what ya'll think of this" since I didn't even think of the daily cap, although I suppose that the Booster would allow you to go over the cap, but that might be even more redundant

But hey Plat for Focus does sound terrible. but I am wondering how many people would do it xD

Not liking endgame content is fine, I do not enjoy Eidolon hunts either, did the ones I needed for my focus schools & that was it, stills, if you want to farm focus fast and efficiently, perhaps you should consider doing SP Circuit, as the amount of focus you gain per Thrax unit is 2'5k, so in a 4-man squad the focus yield can be quite impressive per round (You don't need to kill them yourself, just stay within affinity range).
Or, you could do ESO with a lens on a weapon + frame + whatever, and since you get a Focus orb every start of the round, you gain more affinity for 40s, which isn't bad, though squad SP Circuit is way better.

As for eidolon shards & schools:
You only need 10 of them to unbind all the nodes from all 5 schools (2 each). It's that 🦐le

I honestly forgot that  SP Circuit exists, quite frankly lol

Getting a squad SP Circuit sounds easy enough but I tend to play Solo or Matchmade (Since I have no friends lol) so I might consider trying out SP Circuit but I'll have to see how well a PuG plays out. ESO is sorta same boat.

But thanks for the infomation 

Edited by Circle_of_Psi
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

But hey Plat for Focus does sound terrible. but I am wondering how many people would do it xD

I would be fine with it honestly, so long as the focus is in the form of eidolon shards

Can’t get enough eidolon shards… why is it day cycle every time I check?

1 hour ago, johnno23 said:

Sitting on millions of focus, just like literally any other resource in the game. The path to that point, however, is still ungodly lengthy even with the latest focus farms.

Affinity boosters already exist which is an indirect Focus booster. So while a Focus booster itself wouldn't be an out of nowhere addition it'd also be very redundant. But also with all the secondary ways they added to gain focus and how much easier it is to get lenses now I don't see there being any need for another booster or the ability to buy it directly.

So as for the question itself there'd be nothing wrong with a Focus booster being added. As it'd sit in the same place as all other boosters of being the option for players who're too impatient to farm things and/or don't want to find out how to farm it efficiently.

Isn't the affinity booster kinda a focus booster? But either way, I'd be fine with it.

Buying focus with plat however, earns you a side eye stare from me. There's no way in hell they would price it fairly ( looking at Endo and credits for plat) so yeah.. eh. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

"Pay to Win"

The game is PvE, thus the concept of "pay to win" literally doesn't/can't apply.

There is a PvP side mode, but that's irrelevant for two reasons:

• It has its own equipment that is balanced specifically for it, thus nothing from the rest of the game is relevant.
  • Nobody actually plays Conclave, it's dead content.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, quxier said:

What I like to use is "Pay to skip". You skip some part of grind/farm but you can still do it normally. People name it Pay2Win but I like to make distinction.

Yes, I tend to lean more towards  "Pay to skip" myself but I did mention Pay2Win for the people who like to make that distinction, so you are correct

2 hours ago, quxier said:

The thing is OP doesn't want to play. For some guy 25+ it were easy max schools. However if you are low MR and/or without lenses then it can be problematic a little.

Focus want you to spend your time on some activity. For people that have some very precise goals in mind that could be problematic. Like I farm X, Y, Z today. I can do it e.g. in 30 minutes. It isn't very intense killing farm so I won't get many focus. However game want me to just spend time killing (or watching someone killing, I think orbs would still spawn).

I understand that "faster mentality". I kinda agree. However I would like for focus to be more activity oriented. So you are Vazarin. You heal allies by 500 hp. You get 500/10 exp. YOu group 3 enemies. You get 3x 5 exp. You are summoner. You summon 3 beasts. You get 3x 20 exp (ok, that was joke).

In a way, while I'll still always play WF and such, it is kinda lazy of me to suggest something like this, I am above MR 25+ (I think lol) but to put the whole answer to a short sentence then yes I'd porb say too "OP does not want to play"

While I have no real qualms with Focus, when it first started I was put off almost right away and it sorta left a bad taste in my mouth, since how stupidly insane it was back then, Yes DE has made it WAY simpler, they haven't exactly made it easier either.

I'll farm what I need to to get something strong, but most of the time I'll either spend Plat (Via trading) or if I feel like WF/DE has deserved it, I'll spend some cash, the only reason why I have quite a bit of Plat on me now, was due to Xmas and I'll be more then likely buying the Dante pack when it comes out. But even if I do "Pay to Skip" I still will play the gamemode that comes out since I can get other things too (or sell parts I don't need via credits or plat if they are tradeable).

I'd love if focus was to be more activity-oriented, since I'm stuck with Zenirki I only provide help for myself most of the time, another thing I'd like is for the School to be unlocked by default, rather than needing points to open them, I'd also heavily reduce the points required as well and remove the "unbinding" cost as well and just make it free as long as you have maxed out the school or something like that.

Hell, I might just throw in a concept idea for funzies

2 hours ago, Aruquae said:

I would be fine with it honestly, so long as the focus is in the form of eidolon shards

Can’t get enough eidolon shards… why is it day cycle every time I check?

I'd love to be able to buy Eido Shards, I'd porb just buy a ton right away, if I could

I'd porb buy like 145 Radiant Shard OR 232 Brilliant Shard (if that is enough to totally max out the schools)

Edited by Circle_of_Psi
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, (XBOX)K1jker said:

Isn't the affinity booster kinda a focus booster? But either way, I'd be fine with it.

My thought as well. We can already buy Affinity boosters, and Affinity is what gets converted into Focus. We can also buy lenses which boost Focus gains as well. So if someone really wants to "buy" more Focus, they already can. It's just that, like with resource and Credit boosters, you still need to put in some effort.

• Like 4

Someone already brought this up but... we have a focus booster. It's called an affinity booster. It does both because focus is scaled off affinity. A focus booster would double on top of that which is just a bit overkill imo.

And with that knowledge, it should become very obvious what you can do to get focus extremely quickly... Look at affinity farms.

I do think "buying focus" isn't the worst idea, but only if it's implemented as follows: Make eidolan shards tradable.

Overall tho I don't think focus is too problematic as it is for a few reasons. You get a lot farming eidolans for their arcanes. Unless you manage to catch an event that makes these arcanes a lot easier to get, this is a farm that's important to do and you're likely to max out your focus schools long before you come close to maxing out any of the legendary arcanes from them. And this is not the only farm like this. Cascade for Aeolak and zariman arcanes will get you a lot of focus for killing the large amount of thrax that spawn in that mission type. And just farming weapon exp or, (god forbid) Braton Vandal from elite sanctuary will have you rolling in focus. There's a lot of places in the game that just pour out focus. and it's not like you need to max out absolutely everything. Just the waybounds and 2-3 schools you actually plan on using. I almost exclusively use madurai cus it's basically mandatory to do enough damage as operator to make use of last grasp in steel path. Which imo is a pretty significant issue the devs need to address.

• Like 2