Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

i feel like dante is too good ?

Xenevier

2 minutes ago, Rathalio said:

Also again that's deviating from the initial topic.

Fair, this topic wasn’t even about Limbo to begin with

Guess we’ll agree to disagree 

🫱

(It’s a hand shake)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Aruquae said:

I agree, only it takes too much work to do so. I just wish DE was more consistent on what affects the rift or not

It’s all good, I’ve been having fun with the dps/tank hybrid build using eclipse helminth. 

I agree, but I believe you can also agree with this: being good with a frame doesn’t mean they are in a good spot. Limbo does need his share of tweaks, but he is beyond “useless” as some claim.

Ehhh they truly are just an annoyance, nothing else

I understand your point I think. What I'm understanding is that you expect more ease and comfort with a Warframe kit to consider a Warframe really good. And what Limbo brings to you currently is not comfortable enough, would require some QoL, more consistency... That's fair and understandable, even if it's more of a matter of taste imo and not functionality but that's completely fine and makes sense. 🤝

• Like 2

With how the kit works and with the potential it has I'd say Dante is in a good spot as is. What he could use is QoL tied to his buffs so we dont need to track them among all other 1000 buffs and instead have them show above his Page UI. I also wouldnt mind a hold function added to his 2 and 3 which would simply add 2+3 or 3+2 to his pages while also casting the skill that was held at double cost and have 2x tap only needed for full light or dark verse.

Overall he is a chore to play and the biggest benefit is his group Overguard potential. His damage is great sure, but it also requires alot of interaction compared to all the weapons and frames we have access to that requires less.

Atleast the buffs last long, but versus corpus it is a drag to play the moment scrambus start to appear.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Aruquae said:
4 hours ago, Rathalio said:

Yet Limbo is today still extremely strong. You have one and one only threat, namely eximus units. And it's more than fair.

……Have you played Limbo recently?

Haha, yea I read this section and was like... Umm... that one threat shuts down his entire kit with little to no ability to deal with it. =D

I'm curious since I'm trying some builds in Path of Exile right now. How much Overguard can Dante get?
Cuz Overguard is one of those things that needs to be pretty damn high to make a good impact ie Rhino. Even Kullervo doesn't get enough IMO.

4 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

I'm curious since I'm trying some builds in Path of Exile right now. How much Overguard can Dante get?
Cuz Overguard is one of those things that needs to be pretty damn high to make a good impact ie Rhino. Even Kullervo doesn't get enough IMO.

Currently 1700 at base… but I’ve seen people reach 10k on Dante

I love Dante players flooding me with overguard 

11 hours ago, KitMeHarder said:

That's less than 0.094% of all registered accounts based on a month old article. Yes, not all of those accounts will have anywhere near the playtime required to really grasp your gripe. But a very large number will. The 70k is not significant enough.

Pretty obvious you have no idea how the basics of statistics and surveys work.

For Warframe, about 1000 samples is all you need for most anything.

Do even basic research and you will see how far off base you really are...

Too funny.

• Like 6

On 2024-03-31 at 6:52 PM, CosoMalvadoNG said:

But you don't need to be a room nuker frame to be broken... and objectively speaking this warframe is too strong.

Not counting the fact that it has 7 abilities which you can use without any disadvantage, the warframe is so good that I could see 3-4 Dante in a squad frequently. Why? because it literally has almost everything. It does the work of 10 warframes alone.

I'm not a balance expert or anything but it's obvious that a nerf is coming.

Have you played Xaku? The frame that has AoE defense strip and is a literal aimbot with their turrets (which also have scaling damage depending on enemy level). 

Or Saryn that can wipe out entire maps of enemies with her spores. Or Kullervo's 3 1 combo that can delete everything in front of him with a melee weapon.

Dante isn't getting nerfed. So please be quiet.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Aruquae said:

Currently 1700 at base… but I’ve seen people reach 10k on Dante

I can get close to 60k with my current build for him. Though I did reach over 100k during a lucky double ability strength buff from a void relic.

• Like 1

Idk, I feel the issue is he makes all other supports pointless to use… why run wisp, citrine, Oberon, or trinity when you’re overguard protects you from damage, and also keeps status affects off of you? Plus he does more damage than them? He also effectively applies more overguard than kullervo, makes frost/styanax augment useless… It just made steel path easy and less engaging 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

Xaku? The frame that has AoE defense strip

Which only applies for as long as enemies remain within the radius (as in they will get all of their defences back the moment they step out of it), on a frame that has no innate grouping tools.

and is a literal aimbot with their turrets

Which require a fairly hefty investment into range to get coverage.

Saryn that can wipe out entire maps of enemies with her spores.

Requires time to ramp up their damage and is fairly energy hungry to maintain, with that ramp up quickly resetting to zero if you fail to keep it spreading.

Kullervo's 3 1 combo that can delete everything in front of him with a melee weapon.

On a frame that becomes a glass cannon at higher levels due to a lack of shields.

So long as you agree to be quiet if he does end up getting nerfed.

Edited by Corvid
  • Like 4

hace 1 hora, Ace-Bounty-Hunter dijo:

Have you played Xaku? The frame that has AoE defense strip and is a literal aimbot with their turrets (which also have scaling damage depending on enemy level). 

Or Saryn that can wipe out entire maps of enemies with her spores. Or Kullervo's 3 1 combo that can delete everything in front of him with a melee weapon.

I personally don't care if he was nerfed or not. I just know that it's very likely that they will nerf him in some way.

On 2024-03-31 at 7:01 PM, 0_The_F00l said:

Ok , so after testing and investing 5 forma in him (dante + noctua) , I have to say he is pretty powerful.

Dante by himself is amazing support for with emphasis on survival, thanks to almost always on overguard , with cheap casting over a large range that can last a very long time even with moderate duration.

He can also do some serious damage with his abilities that debuff and bleed enemies, but like all  abilities that don't have scaling components they will eventually fall off, so I am not sure why players are comparing him to equinox. They are rather different, excellent damage but more effective as a debuffer than a dps after a certain point.

But what sets him apart and makes him a lot more versatile is noctua (0v0) , having slash damage as primary (which pairs well with his passive)  , with decent crit and status and a long range arca plasmor as secondary attack with nearly 100k damage - with moderate investment - is no joke. And the icing on the cake is the grimoires mods that can make it into a much more powerful support if you don't want to use it for damage.

The downside is the minor inconvenience of having to prep your spells that may feel wasted or take a little time to cast (cast speed really helps) ,

There may be some number changes that may happen , but overall dante has a solid kit. Needs if any would likely be for the overguard numbers, similar to the nourish changes the rest felt pretty balanced.

yo, for me with 205 strength, dante can one shot a level 120 Steel path, eximus corrupted heavy bombard with his 32 + 334 nuke.

with noctua i can do that without the birds, it takes 5 shots of noctua with a 334 combo to kill the enemy now.

if i got all out and use both noctua and birds, with a 32 + 1 + 334 i can one shot any number of level 120 SP eximus corrupted heavy bombards infront of me as long as theyre in range of 334.

also i do agree preping them can be an issue BUT you can always use actual weapons as well to set bleed or heat damage on enemies then insta cast your 4.

but yes i think cast speed archon shards especially can go a long way. i think dante's kit is very fun and engaging, i just think at least he should share 50% overguard with teammates to put him in line with frost/styanax probably, as they do the same, the rest of his kit im completely fine with, its just the overguard share

3 hours ago, Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

I can get close to 60k with my current build for him. Though I did reach over 100k during a lucky double ability strength buff from a void relic.

I severely underestimated the amount of overguard you can put on Dante...
I need to build him for some ability strength pronto

hace 36 minutos, Raarsi dijo:

Meh, they didn't give into negative hype when they nerfed Wukong and the top three AoE primaries, so I don't see them giving into it now.

Obviously they are not going to pay attention to random players, DE never does that. They just look at the numbers and the numbers are very big so...

2 hours ago, quina112 said:

why run wisp, citrine, Oberon, or trinity

Oberon and trinity have been useless for years, citrine and wisp still amazing and it's funny that you're complaining now when both styanax and frost game the same 60K overguard since duviri update

Plus he does more damage than them

Have you seen Mesa ? saryn ? octavia ? kullervo ? 

It just made steel path easy and less engaging 

Try him level 500+ and see how long your overguard lasts 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, CosoMalvadoNG said:

Obviously they are not going to pay attention to random players, DE never does that. They just look at the numbers and the numbers are very big so...

The numbers were big for the Wukong nerf too.  Something like 12,000 or so negative reviews for the game on Steam at that time because of it.

They still didn't budge then, so I see no reason for them to budge now.

3 minutes ago, Raarsi said:

The numbers were big for the Wukong nerf too.  Something like 12,000 or so negative reviews for the game on Steam at that time because of it.

Wukong was nerfed because of afk gameplay, people were running 4 wukongs with kuva zarr and going afk LITERALLY, since that time in 2022 there has NEVER been such a broken or toxic meta in warframe 

On 2024-03-31 at 12:56 PM, Ventura_Highway said:

Nerf the Forma forges times!

Nerf those chance of me not getting an Archon Shard

And most importantly nerf any Warframe that someone else can play and make me feel irritated!

so the normal daily complaints ? 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, quina112 said:

Idk, I feel the issue is he makes all other supports pointless to use… why run wisp, citrine, Oberon, or trinity when you’re overguard protects you from damage, and also keeps status affects off of you? Plus he does more damage than them? He also effectively applies more overguard than kullervo, makes frost/styanax augment useless… It just made steel path easy and less engaging 

I can help answer this.

• Overguard doesn't stack like DR.
  • Status effects don't really matter when you have non-armor DR.
  • Overguard doesn't benefit from DR buffs of any kind.

Big difference between stacking 90% another 90% and your frames DR.
It's sadly one of Rhino's faults who gets the most Overguard but thanks to shield gating he's immortal either way.

• Like 1

hace 33 minutos, Raarsi dijo:

When I talk about ''numbers'' I'm not talking about the number of people asking for something, what I'm referring to is the usage, damage and usefulness numbers that a warframe has (something DE can see in the DB). The wukong nerf was due to an abuse of an AFK mechanic, because the numbers made DE understand that the afk monkey was being over-abused.

Edited by CosoMalvadoNG

5 hours ago, Zimzala said:

Pretty obvious you have no idea how the basics of statistics and surveys work.

For Warframe, about 1000 samples is all you need for most anything.

1000 self-selected samples? 

• Like 4

20 hours ago, L3512 said:

Why, per your argument, was the AOE nerf deserved?

Because you personally didn't like AOE?

Well yeah, it wouldn't be a true meta complaint unless you outed yourself as part of the meta.

Seriously, everyone just has their opinions, and it's popular for players to have negative reactions to powercreep as it makes gear feel more like cosmetics than progression. Just like on the other end, it's really popular for some players to suggest things that water down systems to lower their investment for the same end goal. The duality exists in all things, and it's up to you to dissect and see what has merit and what doesn't if you're interested in engaging in the discussion.

• Like 2