The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

i feel like dante is too good ?

Xenevier

…Did I miss something?

I was too busy doing the new update of HSR… did Dante Unbound come out already?

Edit: Dang, got so distracted by Acheron I didn’t realize I missed an anticipated warframe

Got to try him out

Also, @Qorvex99 What are your thoughts about the librarian? Yay or nay?

Edited by Aruquae

vor 6 Stunden schrieb Xenevier:

im not trying to bring anyone down, im sharing my opinion, and if the community as a whole decides dante is in a good spot the so be it, i will mention that from what ive seen dante does build quite high strength so that high overguard number isnt from his Niche build or anything, but again im open to arguments, i came here to talk not fight :\

People are no longer used to discussions.... you have good arguments, so has the other side. It is interesting to see where this goes. So keep up the good work!

• Like 3

Of course he is. Along with the truly great work the devs are doing in terms of QoL updates and gorgeous designs, they’re also making it easier and less team oriented with every patch. Warframe was never a hard game, but it did at certain points in its history feel more meaningful to be a part of a squad. Look at the state of Oberon and Trinity, to understand how little team-wide healing or revives mean in today’s meta. Look at overguard. Look at Kullervo and how early he can be unlocked and how little he needs to solo SP endurance runs. Look at MR14s with Torid incarnon, who will probably never pick up a weapon they really need to build properly and properly around, to make it work in the endgame.

I’ve personally become a solo player and I refrain from using the strong incarnons and a handful of frames. I like aiming, I like having to make use of operator mode to survive and I prefer crowd control to actually be useful.

Thankfully, that option is there for those of us who don’t enjoy the state of affairs!

• Like 1

vor 2 Stunden schrieb 0_The_F00l:

I will need to wait for dante to finish baking in my oven .... Before commenting.

Just go ahead, you no longer need facts or experience to discuss with anyone. Just be a bit louder and more demeaning to make up for it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dunkelheit said:

Just go ahead, you no longer need facts or experience to discuss with anyone. Just be a bit louder and more demeaning to make up for it.

How dare you sir!

You ask me to have opinions with no validity or logical reasoning !

What do you take me for? a politician?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dunkelheit said:

People are no longer used to discussions.... you have good arguments, so has the other side. It is interesting to see where this goes. So keep up the good work!

i honestly didnt come here to start a parade for dante nerfs, i wanted to understand what justified him having a lot of very strong tools, and some people make good arguments like how an end game frame should be end game viable, but then again some people will default to say "who cares about balance its a PvE game anyway, there are no victim for a stronger option being added" 

3 hours ago, Anti-Incarnon said:

Of course he is. Along with the truly great work the devs are doing in terms of QoL updates and gorgeous designs, they’re also making it easier and less team oriented with every patch. Warframe was never a hard game, but it did at certain points in its history feel more meaningful to be a part of a squad. Look at the state of Oberon and Trinity, to understand how little team-wide healing or revives mean in today’s meta. Look at overguard. Look at Kullervo and how early he can be unlocked and how little he needs to solo SP endurance runs. Look at MR14s with Torid incarnon, who will probably never pick up a weapon they really need to build properly and properly around, to make it work in the endgame.

I’ve personally become a solo player and I refrain from using the strong incarnons and a handful of frames. I like aiming, I like having to make use of operator mode to survive and I prefer crowd control to actually be useful.

Thankfully, that option is there for those of us who don’t enjoy the state of affairs!

yes i agree more options are always welcome, but to me it feels defeating when i build a kullervo wiht minmaxed build and 5 archon shards to see a dante walk into a room and be able to do the same work as me without that investment i put in

No, not really.  He's more of a middle ground between Revnant, Wisp, and Saryn.  He's a jack of all trades that unlike those mentioned won't need a rework if he's left alone.  He's in a very precarious spot, if he's buffed then he'll be overpowered, if he's nerfed he'll be utter garbage.  The only reason he seems overtuned is because he's perfect right off the bat.  Give it a week and he'll be put to the side by the community as people brag about the 10 million overguard on their Rhino build, or how fast their Titania can speedrun a mission in .20 seconds again.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, CoffeeSorcerer69 said:

No, not really.  He's more of a middle ground between Revnant, Wisp, and Saryn.  He's a jack of all trades that unlike those mentioned won't need a rework if he's left alone.  He's in a very precarious spot, if he's buffed then he'll be overpowered, if he's nerfed he'll be utter garbage.  The only reason he seems overtuned is because he's perfect right off the bat.  Give it a week and he'll be put to the side by the community as people brag about the 10 million overguard on their Rhino build, or how fast their Titania can speedrun a mission in .20 seconds again.

If enemies get resistance against slash or the slash meta changes, he is f*.

14 minutes ago, CoffeeSorcerer69 said:

yeah i mean i think time will tell and admitedly its still too early to judge him in the meta and overall place in the game, but i dont think him being strong is bad at all, my problem isnt having a good frame in the game, its that it makes styanax and frost augments utter useless, as dante does it better, more and faster without the need to give up a mod slot

Dante is great. And rarely do we get warframes that are this good on release. His greatness ofcourse is balanced by the fact that you need to do a LOT of things in order get him without spending plat. Also, this is a great way for DE to make money by selling his bundle to new players who love playing spellcaster archetypes in games. I have been waiting for so long to get a male spellcaster frame that is usable in endgame and DE made that wish come true. He is the first frame i spend 750 plat to buy his entire bundle. Also i fashion framed him like doctor strange cause his spells remind me him. His weapon is great in both utility and damage and is probably the only exalted other than baruuk im comfortable using in steel path. Revenant is far far more OP than Dante in survivability but is kinda boring to play ability wise. Dante engages player to be alert and active in playing him and he's pretty fun to play. DE hates it when players can do afk farm or dont engage that much in the game ( wukong nerf for example) and Dante's release and playstyle pays homage to this fact, not to mention the QOL they added to disruption missions, a mission type that requires players to be actively engaged. Overall, DE's last updated where so damn good that i started playing warframe again after months of burnout.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Aruquae said:

Also, @Qorvex99 What are your thoughts about the librarian? Yay or nay?

still haven't got him, I've seen some videos but I'll only give my full opinion once I get the full experience, but he looks even better in-game than when I saw him in the dev stream.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MrLight732 said:

t you need to do a LOT of things in order get him without spending plat.

lolwut? you just play the new Disruption mode for his parts, and if you get unlucky, buy the parts you still need with the new currency; that's not a lot at all..

anyway, people should be more careful and know by now that you should only ever say a frame is too weak on here, so that it eventually gets buffed. it worked wonders for Mag!

4 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

lolwut? you just play the new Disruption mode for his parts, and if you get unlucky, buy the parts you still need with the new currency; that's not a lot at all..

Of course it's not going to feel like a lot for someone who has no doubt done everything this game has to offer. I'm pretty sure they were referring to acquiring him from the perspective of a new player. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

anyway, people should be more careful and know by now that you should only ever say a frame is too weak on here, so that it eventually gets buffed. it worked wonders for Mag!

i think they mean that you have to do literally every quest up to here for that mission which is 100s of hours of playtime to get to him, i see that argument sure, but i think its still null and void when you consider warframe and characters in it arent linear, its not like when theres a better frame released you ditch the old ones, and there should never be a BETTER frame for everything, every frame should bring something special to the table, and thats why we can all play different frames with different tasks in mind. but as of now, dante has more overguard than every overguard character other than rhino can offer, and shares it with the whole team which makes syanax and frost augments completely pointless as they are a worse version and take a mod slot to do what dante does normally, not to mention dante does have insane damage which unlike a lot of frames with high base damage, its slash damage and so it will reap through even high armor enemies, which dont get me wrong is NOT a bad thing, i just think having both support and self sustain and dps capabilities in one frame makes him a good choice for literally everything that isnt movement or cc, we have had frames like wukong in the past that were good at everything but not the best at everything, but as of now dante seems to have the best overguard share of any warframe while also having the dps most frames cant reach without a lot of help 

• Like 1

On 2024-03-28 at 12:58 AM, Ocerkin said:

is dante strong? yes, but you have to remember how you get him, from basically end game farming runs of high level missions, so he should be strong for what you need to do to obtain him

I don’t think that’s ever been a consideration for DE in balancing frames. Look at Gyre. You get her from the Zariman, yet her abilities can’t really nuke there unless you massively supplement her with the Helminth. 

You can get Volt and Mag in the first seconds of the game, yet they have builds that remain relevant (and even meta defining) well into end game and endurance content. 

As far as Dante goes, he seems like he can effortlessly nuke lower level enemies in a wide area while also easily stacking team overguard into the tens of thousands. I’ve only used him in SO and ESO, so I’ll wait to form an opinion until I’ve tried him elsewhere. That said, at the moment, he seems a little jacked. He is somewhat hindered by casting speed, but shards easily fix that. 

57 minutes ago, sunderthefirmament said:

I don’t think that’s ever been a consideration for DE in balancing frames. Look at Gyre. You get her from the Zariman, yet her abilities can’t really nuke there unless you massively supplement her with the Helminth. 

You can get Volt and Mag in the first seconds of the game, yet they have builds that remain relevant (and even meta defining) well into end game and endurance content. 

As far as Dante goes, he seems like he can effortlessly nuke lower level enemies in a wide area while also easily stacking team overguard into the tens of thousands. I’ve only used him in SO and ESO, so I’ll wait to form an opinion until I’ve tried him elsewhere. That said, at the moment, he seems a little jacked. He is somewhat hindered by casting speed, but shards easily fix that. 

exactly because this game with its frames isnt linear, you dont throw out a bad frame in exchange for one you get later, because theyre different, its not like the farther you go the better the frames become, as you mentioned volt is a starter and is a very very strong frame from the get-go, while someone like caliban while you get him a lot farther in the game is considered the worst frame of all time

After trying Dante in high end content, yes he is very nice and pure slash noctua wrecks.

However, if you think that is high damage, let me point out Baruuk hits much harder. 99% damage reduction and 50 million damage per punch where damage type adapts to each enemy’s weakness.

Try him if you havent done it yet. 

Im currently playing with both Baruuk and Dante depending on my mood. They are both nice to play with

Edited by Kronxito
  • Like 4

On 2024-03-28 at 8:13 AM, Hayrack said:

Will Dante beat Styanax as quickest post-release nerf? The suspense is thrilling!

Something tells me that DE doesn't want to repeat that incident (although I think he still holds the record at two nerfs in a week).  On the other hand, I also have the feeling that Styanax was a lot easier to throw nerfs at because 1) the first one was a bug fix and 2) he technically didn't cost anything to get as opposed to Dante, which probably is making a good bit of money for DE right now and nerfing him might result in some possible buyers remorse.

I think Dante is fine for the most part.  He does make me feel bad for that last remaining Equinox main, but he's fortunately not without at least some workable faults that leave opportunities for potential augment options, so I feel like he's in a pretty good place for now.

Edited by Raarsi

Dante is a lot of fun and I like that he is a good support frame but I like even more that for solo runs he is tremendous fun. I got so fed up running the new mission on Deinos where in the public missions everyone tends to just run for the exit after the first round of disruption is completed. just ran 30 minutes solo as I need him twice so that one copy can be subsumed. 30 minutes i had no issues and only stopped as my coffee was getting cold. 

I am unsure if he is actually over powered though ? I lean more towards the fact that he is simply so good out of the gate that he kinda breaks the general rule of new frame and wait for the tweaks, He does not need tweaking as his kit seems to be extremely well balanced. I think that if people start dumping Rhinos roar on his 1st though then due t how roar buffs abilities as well as weapon damage then we might see an issue but then the question in my mind is will DE nerf the frame or Rhino's roar? I know DE like to tout Balance but seriously the game is so broken already it is time they just let people play and have fun. After all with the arcanes archon shards incarnon mode weapons even newer players can smash their way through just about anything they encounter.

forgot to mention my 30 minutes was SP

Edited by johnno23
added line of text PS
  • Like 1