Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PC Dante Unbound: Hotfix 35.5.4

[DE]Megan

Maybe it didn't reach the feedback, but we don't care about your "balance", we want a full rollback on Dante's changes and that you tackle a way to be able to use Rage with OG

Edited by Gaxxian
  • Like 33

Thank you very much for how quickly you fixed this. While I do think some of the feedback has been critical and the changes were incredibly heavy handed yesterday, this patch is a win-win for everyone and getting LoS changes across the board in the future is the best case scenario. I appreciate DE and everyone's speed, aptitude, and committment to doing what's best for the game and the community in the long term. Thank you for these changes and for all you do while working on this incredible game.

7 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed the Loadout options resetting daily instead of weekly (at usual reset time) as intended. 

I was able to do deep archi only today after my loadout was changed, cause previous was awful

2kWz1A.gif

• Like 15

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Nakti:

Could you guys stop lying at least for a moment?

• Eximus changes that made all CC frames even more obsolete
  • Inconsistent argument about 1 button nuker frames when Sary, Equinox, Gauss and others are free to do so
  • Forced overguard on teammates being the actual issue with dante.

Yeah I don't see any of those being addressed. But sure buddy.
  • Like 28

Man... you said that overguard was dante's problem, and you've buffed his overguard...
Remove the overguard on allies, that was what people wanted, and remove the direct damage that tragedy does, we do not need a second line of sight dude.

• Like 12

8 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Light Verse and Triumph Overguard Increases: 
The second pillar of feedback we want to address is our changes to Dante’s Overguard capabilities. We went too deep with the initial decrease and are, therefore, bumping up the Overguard gain from Light Verse and Triumph to a middle ground between their pre- and post-balance states.   

• Increased the Overguard gained from Light Verse from 250 to 350 at Max Rank.
  • Increased the Overguard gained from Triumph from 2000 to 3000 at Max Rank.

CAN YOU STOP THAT.
IT WAS FINE BEFORE.

DO WE REALLY NEED TO NUCLEAR ATOMIZE THE CONTENT FURTHER?

I swear, you could remove literally 5 points of Overguard and they'd scream "the nerf is too much!"
FEEBLE.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WindShadow970 said:
10 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Increased the Overguard gained from Light Verse from 250 to 350 at Max Rank

Still should be fully reverted.

Increased the Overguard gained from Triumph from 2000 to 3000 at Max Rank.

A 40% nerf from the original point is still rather heavy,

That is VERY true it's still not a small change 

2 minutes ago, WindShadow970 said:

. We’ll use our learnings from this incident to review other cases of LoS check issues for a future update.

This is good but did it really need a massive muck up and colossal backlash to address this very longstanding issue. Oh and Tragedy needs that check removed still.

^

• Like 5

So rather than admitting you're wrong you instead decide to dig in your heels and ignore the multitude of threads telling you to revert these unnecessary changes. That takes a real inflated ego to think that you know better than the thousands of players that you have swindled with this blatant bait and switch tactic. Talk about shameless anti-consumerism.

Go ahead and bury your heads in the sand hoping that this all blows over in a few weeks. But don't expect anyone to get excited about Jade or any of your future Warframes that you have planned if you're going to screw over your players like this. Any good will you have built up over the last few updates have now completely evaporated after this pathetic stunt!

And don't even think about trying to band-aid fix Dante with an augment later. You already pulled that stunt with Styanax and Gyre and we're sick and tired of it! Stop trying to fix things that are not broken!

• Like 36

8 minutes ago, yeahnil said:

Not really. Nothing the people have been telling you has been addressed. Horrible bait and switch tactics.

They didn't even revert the overgaurd just added a single-digit

Revert ALL the Nerfs, don't bandaid it. 

• Like 6

hace 2 minutos, ThatsSoWitty dijo:

Thank you very much for how quickly you fixed this

Dont give them any thanks, they dont deserve. They are just saving face while ignoring the community at the same time that they are showing how little they would need to make those fixes if they truly cared.

• Like 25

Well, this is disappointing, but not surprising. I'll spell it out:

Doubling Down--Fixing a broken mechanic that shouldn't have been present in the first place.

Listening to community feedback--actually reverting the LoS changes entirely.

I'm sad you made the less trustworthy choice. You introduced an unnessesary problem, and then made a better version of what is still the problem. I hope nobody on the team is surprised when people are still upset.

Edit:

I am not saying that Dante is perfect and needs no changes. Balance is nessesary for the health of the game and nerfs are a part of that. It does matter exactly what those changes are, though. The LoS changes had both a bad concept AND bad execution. Improving the execution isn't a full solution. And we've seen better concepts on these forums the past few days. At the end of the day, the issue is that his 4 should affect all enemies that were tagged by his 3 and are in range, even if you were in motion as they were tagged or you rounded a corner. LoS will always break that functionality in some way.

Edited by Sarulas
Clairity and constructive feedback
  • Like 28

5 minutes ago, RivaAurelius said:

I will be requesting a refund for Dante. This is ridiculous and leaves a horrible taste in the mouth.

If you build a frame/weapon, prepare for that thing to receive changes at some point. No matter how new. Deal with it. 

• Like 1

WHAT ABOUT NEZHA'S RANGE? 50% was WAYYY too much! 

265% Range = 25m -Nezzy's Spears

265% Range = 32m - Gauss Thermal Sunder

Balance? Nope, Fix it or Nerf Gauss! The Nerf was Completely Unnecessary to begin with, Then Way TOO much.

• Like 18

Dante nerf walked, so user-friendly LoS could run - hope to see some other frames updated in the future with this in mind!

(if it works, I haven't tried yet xD)

edit: feels good, works even in a tile full of obstacles, and works with Dante's prime-then-turn-around gameplay. I don't think I had any casts where more than 1-2 enemies were affected by dark verse but not tragedy (without obviously getting them behind something), while I was trying to avoid the "on the screen" criteria.

Edited by IceBen
  • Like 1

"We are listening to your feedback..." if you were you'd revert swapping it to LoS. It was stupid and unfounded and didn't fix the issue that was being discussed. And after you stated in the initial hotfix you weren't touching damage, then proceeded to touch damage. 

I really friggin hate corporate speak. 

• Like 16

The more I read comments, the more I realize how toxic this community can actually be for so little reasons. I wonder how many have started hurling death threats over at random DE members. 

• Like 3

Just now, yeahnil said:
  • Eximus changes that made all CC frames even more obsolete
  • Inconsistent argument about 1 button nuker frames when Sary, Equinox, Gauss and others are free to do so
  • Forced overguard on teammates being the actual issue with dante.

Yeah I don't see any of those being addressed. But sure buddy.

Lowered OG and errors in LoS (not its existence, but issues with it: many people were talking of it before DE posted that thread) were addressed, so "nothing" is wrong. So either those "people" are only you, or you were deliberately spreading wrong information.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

• Fixed the Loadout options resetting daily instead of weekly (at usual reset time) as intended. 
    • All conditions for Deep Archimedia are on a weekly reset, so the Loadout Modifiers follow this standard. 

damn, that bug was one of the things that made deep archimedia not as bad with forced loadout stuff in my mind.

• Like 16