Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Dante Unbound] Our plans for next week (35.5.6)

[DE]Momaw

Message added by [DE]Momaw,

These changes were implemented to the game with Hotfix 35.5.6:

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1393246-pc-dante-unbound-hotfix-3556/

5 minutes ago, MetalMechabolic said:

This is my biggest fear.  It's an age old tactic but it works REALLY well now a days.  I would love if they just go, "hey, we screwed up the LoS check.  Gonna revert it until we fix it." but i know we live in this reality so the realistic yet cynical side of me knows this is just a gambit to see if the discussions die down before monday.  That's why they preemptively talked about fixing some aspects yet quiet about the LoS issue outside of them confirming its not going away.  Prove my cynical side wrong DE!  SquareEnix never did....

Well, this topis isn't going anywhere any time soon, so don't worry about that

you only have to start worrying when they out right delete or lock topics to prevent feedback

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

you only have to start worrying when they out right delete or lock topics to prevent feedback

I would love that but the XIV forums has a VERY long topic on why healers are broken and another VERY long thread on how the newest expansion destroyed or trivialized a lot of the lore.  The dev's answer to it is "go heal in the most extreme content", a fight in which less than 10% will actually see it and how the newest expansion was totally planned from the start (see that random bird on the cover of the 2.0 cover?  Thats totally the ultimate bad guy that started everything! ;^) )  I'm use to devs and suits going "...no, it's the playerbase that is wrong."   At most I'm a little shocked how brazen DE is with nerfs compared to SE which will only change a class to fit the two minute burst window meme. 

Edited by MetalMechabolic

Just a few hours after Dante's rebuff, content creators already making videos of Dante again, like Dante nukes this, Dante nukes that, Dante nukes level 9999 enemies blah blah blah!!! I swear, content creators are one of the main reason behind every nerf in gaming. They are just can't stop making these op, nukes videos and ruining every game! I'm sick n tired of this BS on YT. Please DE don't listen to them at all!!!

• Like 10

Ok this is a great step in the right direction. Please revert the nerf to the Arca Titron while you're at it. Regardless of their damage output, it's nonsense to nerf gimmick weapons barely anyone uses. I'd say its pretty unfair to give something a nerf this unreasonably massive in the first place.

1 hour ago, Drake_MPrime said:

Just a few hours after Dante's rebuff, content creators already making videos of Dante again, like Dante nukes this, Dante nukes that, Dante nukes level 9999 enemies blah blah blah!!! I swear, content creators are one of the main reason behind every nerf in gaming. They are just can't stop making these op, nukes videos and ruining every game! I'm sick n tired of this BS on YT. Please DE don't listen to them at all!!!

Clickbait =/= balancing advice

Edited by AziSlays
  • Like 5

I never posted on here, but due to this week i feel compiled to do so. I will try to be as positive as possible. 

1st. Dante is a fun frame in design, especially at first release. being able to give the party overgaurd and having slash procts to take care of non-overgaurd enemies was a fun playstyle. The art style around him was cool as well so props to the design team for that. 

Now, for the not so fun part...

My personal perspective is that the nerfs came from the negative feedback of players who either had their builds affected by overgaurd or people watching a warframe content creator's video praising the new frame but not properly explaining the downsides. I don't necessary blame the creators who did this, they were just excited about dante. I do blame players who saw the videos, made a post on here say "omg, nerf" without doing their own testing. I think in the future the team should do their own testing and do a better job vetting feedback on new warframes. What i dont want is this style of nerfs being rolled out on a prime frame when people pay hundreds of dollars on pa or hours building them. 

In the end dante unbound was a great update, this just left a sour taste in my mouth. Been playing since 2017 off and on and have almost 600 hours of playtime (per steam,in game will probably be less). The reason i keep coming back is how you, the developers, listen to the community and does the best to explain why you do what you do. and in modern gaming its rare and respect that you do that. I just think this time around the changes came too early and more time should of been given to plan out.

• Like 8

they changed the overguard back to normal but only to 350 at max rank and triumph to 3K instead of 2K which is fair but on the bright side of things at least chroma gut a new buff for the chroma players (being one myself)

1 hour ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

The already locked Pablo's post: 

• Like 1

hace 1 hora, Circle_of_Psi dijo:

hace 2 minutos, Diztiler dijo:

And deleting threads:

qKIHQ3y.png

Edited by Gaxxian
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Diztiler said:

This is due to the update they are talking about being already out, so they can direct everyone to the latest updates and this topic, that's at least what I see so far, but could be a sign of them trying to lock out feedback

3 minutes ago, Gaxxian said:

And deleting threads:

This however is a problem 

Edited by Circle_of_Psi

1 hour ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

This is due to the update they are talking about being already out, so they can direct everyone to the latest updates and this topic, that's at least what I see so far, but could be a sign of them trying to lock out feedback

1 hour ago, Gaxxian said:

And deleting threads:

qKIHQ3y.png

So, thread theme?

Spoiler

Pls don't be mad DE, I just want an excuse to post music.  ;A;

Edited by MetalMechabolic
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Siic07 said:

Hotfix today remove Los Dante?

Our outcry was so loud yesterday because we know DE does not push updates over the weekend.
We are stuck with wet noodle mage until Monday, and they likely still will not revert the changes because someone on the dev team is too stubborn to admit LoS itself is the problem, not the bugs we've been complaining about for years that will finally be "addressed." (I say addressed because, like Sticky Corners, the problem will not be completely fixed. It'll be given a loose band-aid in true DE fashion.)

This means I will not be playing all weekend, effectively wasting my boosters, but there is no reason to play if they keep robbing me of my enjoyment.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Gaxxian said:

And deleting threads:

qKIHQ3y.png

This is absolutely abhorrent behavior… what the actual hell DE?! Giving the usual weekend of stupid silence and deleting threads is not going to work, it‘s just digging your grave deeper.

• Like 7

My fellow Soldiers of Dante we must rest over the weekend, we must keep our strength our forum posts won't be viewed over the weekend as much..

Let us be back 4/8 at full strength!

• Like 1

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Gaxxian:

They could, but they are resorting to their mechanic to let the a full weekend of silence make the players bored and go to another topic.

People will praise them at the next hotfix as they already did yesterday

Already working. A lot of people thanking them for the LoS 'fix'. Most haven't even tried it or know about the new bugs to it.

• Like 1

On 2024-04-05 at 2:55 PM, [DE]Momaw said:

It's been an exciting week for Warframe. Following the very positive launch of Dante Unbound, we threw open the doors to the Deep Archimedea and Elite Deep Archimedea. People have been laughing all the way to the bank with their new-found riches of Archon Shards.

But there's also been some missteps which we must take responsibility and apologize for, with regard to Dante himself and the rapid changes that caught people unawares. We've already made a big correction by fixing the new Line of Sight calculations which were, to put it bluntly, not as good as they should have been on release.

We never stop reviewing feedback, and in the spirit of making constant improvements to our game, here's a preview of our next steps in response to what players have said:

• Adding back and formalizing the Status Damage Vulnerability to Dante's "Pageflight". In other words not just making enemies take more Status procs, but also increasing the damage of their Status. We removed this in Hotfix 35.5.3 because it was unexpected, and we regarded it as a bug. But many of you have expressed a desire to have this back, so we are working to restore it.
  • Improving the co-op play between Warframes that give their teammates Overguard and Warframes that rely on taking damage:
    • Vex Armor can charge its damage buff by getting ranged kills and its armor buff by getting melee or ability kills. This is in addition to the existing functionality. This allows Vex Armor to work while having Overguard and also in general provides a nice interaction where you can get the buff faster from playing well and not just from tanking hits.
    • Rage/Hunter Adrenaline will now grant Energy when you don't have Shields, so Inaros and Nidus (or any frame when their Shields are temporarily down), can regenerate Energy even through Overguard.

You can expect to see a Hotfix next week that adds these items. Other forms of self damage like Combat Discipline will also be reviewed in the future. We have definitely heard you on this point, we're just not sure that it will be done as quickly as the other interactions already mentioned.

Can anyone at DE, Explain what "Status Vulnerability" does exactly? 

2 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:
2 hours ago, Gaxxian said:

And deleting threads:

Especially since no explanation for the deleting was given.

(I made a thread that was called 'NERF JADE' and it was deleted with no word as to why.)

Altough i have the post itself screenshotted in my dropbox for when Jade does come out.. il enjoy seeing if anything i said was accurate..

i hope the energy color can be fixed i don't like that my red is showing as pink and red even the abilities are coming out pink and red in mission it doesn't look like other colors are affected it's just the Reds that seem to be having this bug it started after the new lighting update happened GKgPWvwWMAAEywi?format=jpg&name=4096x409

• Like 1

hace 29 minutos, yeahnil dijo:

Already working. A lot of people thanking them for the LoS 'fix'. Most haven't even tried it or know about the new bugs to it.

Thats why they rushed it so much, to avoid more players actually trying Dante before the nerfs.

• Like 2