Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's your fastest Netracell solo run? Trying to speed up from 9 minutes (titania)

Hey Tennos,

made this vid filming my titania "speed run" attempts, this was the fastest I could get it down to, but it still felt a bit slow, 
I guess I'm just a bit limited by not having a totally meta torid or something like that. 

What speed running netra methods have you discovered, if any, what did you notice made the biggest difference? 

It really depends on the layout, but I've had about 7 minute times with Garuda. The blood orb can destroy Necramites from very far away, which I found rather handy.

You don't have to find all three terminals by the way, so I suppose if you wanted to go for a record you could just ignore them and hope to get lucky. I sometimes skipped the last one on accident and it was fine since I was able to guess the Netracell location from the layout.

Edited by Traumtulpe
  • Like 5

I'd say mine is about 6 minutes with Mesa since you just point and kill by standing at one end of the circle since Mesa chunks them down as soon as they get in view. Haven't timed it so I don't know how accurate that is.

Very RNG dependent on circles and adjoining enemy spawn rooms. Any that are multi-level are out of the question.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, helioth137 said:

made this vid filming my titania "speed run" attempts, this was the fastest I could get it down to, but it still felt a bit slow, 

Titania method is fast. You can probably infuse Infested mobility but I think at this point, moving between consoles is not an issue. I'm using maxed schools and "hold sling", which travers farther. Not the fast as you but still pretty decent. And I think there are other stuff to increase it but I"m using "good enough build".

I've done it mostly with groups but sometimes I get 50+% damage so I guess I can say few things. IMHO you may lack in damage aspect. Why Xata and not Roar? And what you pick will affect how good your DPS will be. For example Eximus unit would take more time. I'm not sure if that happens but I think it spawn more Necramechs. Smallers are very easy to kill with armor stripping (kuva nukor corrosive/heat).

• Like 1

I dont bother with speed running , i complete these at a comfortable 10 minutes where i also spend time collecting some voca.

Although as a tip i will give a few hints i use to make my runs smoother,

1) you can narrow down the search by hacking any terminal that isn't a nechramech summon terminal (this doesnt always work , but works more often than not) , you dont need to go for the ones that the marker is pointing to - so if you know where a few terminals are you can cur down the time by a lot.

2) having some sort of "bait" in the red circle will let you have enemies go there instead of following you around so you dont lose time when you need to kill necramites. Ths can also backfire if you dont see where any "ally" units are.

3) Having the vampiric effect also extends to the nechramech , so while situational , you can technically stay in your guard mode indefinitely , it can be quick if you get one of the more open tilesets for the red circle.

• Like 1

I believe my fastest run was circa 9 minutes, when I rolled 200% power str Dante invigoration, also having luck with Necramites spawn in the same node as red circle. Usually it takes up to 15m depending if Necramech spawn annoy me enough to trying to kill it or not.

• Like 1

I mostly don't rush, but you can pretty easily skip all of the terminals on many maps.  Probably most or all of them, but I'm still getting acquainted with the newer ones.  Pretty decent explanation here:

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

I mostly don't rush, but you can pretty easily skip all of the terminals on many maps.  Probably most or all of them, but I'm still getting acquainted with the newer ones.  Pretty decent explanation here:

Yep, I'm still learning it with the newly introduced tiles in Dante Unbound but I can at least tell that it is a little harder given the circle placements on the new tiles does not bode well for faster Netracell runs given the multi-level geometry or wonky AI pathing to the circle or even the circle placement making it hard to easily snipe enemies as soon as they touch foot inside the circle.

• Like 1

Around 6:10 to open the netracell, so I guess to loot and extract, 7 mins would be extremely fast.  I usually won't turn down a book spawn or some easy voca so 8 ish mins.  Also, the sanctum expansion added these massive annoying rooms on an already large tile, which makes it harder to find with just one hack than it was.  Most of the new rooms I'm not a fan of, especially the staircase one.  Very similar to circuit.  The circuit expansion was awful.  The huge open map that jackal spawns is terrible for everything else.  It's a good map for herding cattle, that's about it.

Edited by Lord_Drod
  • Like 1

That's also my average without the shortcuts mentioned above. For void's sake though, I don't know why the necramite doesn't use any of the newish enemy highlighting. Whatever time beyond 9 minutes is because I can't see the fakkin thing. Fast enough for me so I don't feel rushed or without it feeling like a chore.

Edited by MutoManiac
  • Like 1

Havent tested a real speedrun, but with an avarage map layout and no stupid necramite spawning my Kullervo does at around 9 minutes +/-20sec.

Blink, blink, blink, blink, blink, hack, blink, blink, blink, blink, blink, hack, blink, Imsureyougetthepicture, hack. Then it's just raining hell within the circle with whatever influence weapon I carry as a blink from time to time to keep the buff up. Then blink like a madman to the necramite. I absolutely hate when it is a stupid run, where the mite spawns 1k+ back somewhere. Atleast I've memorized most of the wonky spawns, so know where to look when it seems it is bugged.

57 minutes ago, ominumi said:

The issue isn't moving through the tileset. It's how fast you can clear the waves. Spawn points are always outside of the red circle. Maybe draw them in with Lantern?

It's somewhat significant.  The difference between a really low run and an decent run is how fast you can get there, how close the necramite spawns are, and the location of the circle.  Around 2 mins solo to the netracell is ideal.

11 minutes ago, Lord_Drod said:

It's somewhat significant.  The difference between a really low run and an decent run is how fast you can get there, how close the necramite spawns are, and the location of the circle.  Around 2 mins solo to the netracell is ideal.

Alright. The Netracell location isn't random. Doing them enough you'll notice a trend that shows up a lot. The first order of business is to speedrun the netracell location. How fast can you do that? 

16 minutes ago, ominumi said:

Alright. The Netracell location isn't random. Doing them enough you'll notice a trend that shows up a lot. The first order of business is to speedrun the netracell location. How fast can you do that? 

A little faster than 2 mins, but I'm not going to hit that every time due to tile variance and guessing wrong.  The expanded tile brought in a lot of variance to doing that.  So I'll take 1:50-2:30.  30 seconds adds up, especially with necramite spawns sometimes being in the circle room or hundreds of meters away, which has travel time.

Edited by Lord_Drod

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Thorham said:

About 17 minutes with Excalibur Umbra Exalted Blade build without operator.

similar speed here! Really enjoyable run though, a few minutes faster because my drifter has all the bells + whistles i.e waybounds & was madurai school for discount slings ;D 

16 minutes ago, ominumi said:

I found titania's razorwing blitz makes it faster enough to just hack the consoles with ciphers, to the point where i'm at the netracell keyglyph point within 2 minutes. 

It really is ridiculous how fast she can fly, by far faster than volt, gauss and so on, much faster even than archwings! it actually becomes a handicap unless you aim for the tight corners, and have long distances you can fly straight in

Edited by helioth137
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ominumi said:

The issue isn't moving through the tileset. It's how fast you can clear the waves. Spawn points are always outside of the red circle. Maybe draw them in with Lantern?

Sooo, still tileset generation dependent then?

They always spawn outside of the radius, enemies can't spawn in the same tile as you. And the enemy AI pathing is dependent on the tile they spawn in anyways.

Certain Netracell radii tiles are made easy if there are two spots where come from and you are able to bounce back and forth between the two waves so you kill one group as the other is getting into the circle then kill that group, rinse and repeat. I've never found lack of spawns/clear rate to be an issue, just horrible Netracell Tile picks.

You could argue a negative str nova could be a good option if you are worried about enemies moving too slow to reach the circle but I haven't found that to be an issue vs. the horrible tiles it has picked for me.

1 hour ago, Numerounius said:

Sooo, still tileset generation dependent then?

They always spawn outside of the radius, enemies can't spawn in the same tile as you. And the enemy AI pathing is dependent on the tile they spawn in anyways.

Certain Netracell radii tiles are made easy if there are two spots where come from and you are able to bounce back and forth between the two waves so you kill one group as the other is getting into the circle then kill that group, rinse and repeat. I've never found lack of spawns/clear rate to be an issue, just horrible Netracell Tile picks.

You could argue a negative str nova could be a good option if you are worried about enemies moving too slow to reach the circle but I haven't found that to be an issue vs. the horrible tiles it has picked for me.

The issue is Titania is consider jumping while in Razorwing. Enemy behave differently when the player is on the ground,, jumping, or bullet jumping. AI pathing becomes a bigger issue when there's a downstairs and upstairs. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, helioth137 said:

similar speed here! Really enjoyable run though, a few minutes faster because my drifter has all the bells + whistles i.e waybounds & was madurai school for discount slings ;D 

The problem seems to be Exalted Blade's kill speed.

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Thorham said:

The problem seems to be Exalted Blade's kill speed.

I found the issue to be running around/ operator move speed, the recording was from shortly after netracells released so had to just jump between consoles xD 

with wrathful advance + chromatic blade + tenacious bond + violet 75%  crit dmg x3 or more archon shards you one shot practically everything
(not necramechs...)

archon flow + energize keep you topped up, you can play with madurai + primed sure footed/ handspring or Warrior's rest + Unairu  
alternatively, easier to get, Xata's whisper is almost as good as wrathful advance, and it buffs weapons as well

Edited by helioth137

18 hours ago, helioth137 said:

with wrathful advance + chromatic blade + tenacious bond + violet 75%  crit dmg x3 or more archon shards you one shot practically everything
(not necramechs...)

archon flow + energize keep you topped up, you can play with madurai + primed sure footed/ handspring or Warrior's rest + Unairu  
alternatively, easier to get, Xata's whisper is almost as good as wrathful advance, and it buffs weapons as well

My build is a convenience build with Helminth's Empower, efficiency cap, no extra energy, some sprint speed and parkour velocity, extra health and shields, etc. Rips through Steel Path, but is a little slower in Netracells.