Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×

Liminus instantly kill the Auricle

I was attempting to do Deep Archimedea for the week, and we made it to the second round at the Auricle when suddenly all the Vampyric Liminus piled on top of it and it instantly exploded. This seems like a serious issue because you can't really stop the Liminus in Deep Archimedea, so if you end up with them and they do this you'll always fail right at that point.

• Like 5

Oh wow. I already thought Mirror Defense was a poor fit for Deep Archimedea because it's the only mission type out of the available options with a failure state. But knowing one of the affixes which are immune to damage and CC can instantly fail the mission is utterly laughable.

I know now any week with Mirror Defense as an option are a complete write-off.

• Like 5

Can confirm that the Vampyric Liminus are annihilating the objectives in mirror defense and nothing can be done about it.  Defense objectives need to be immune to them or this modifier needs to be removed from Mirror Defense entirely.

• Like 1

I wouldn't be surprised if this is how all of my runs have ended in failure, but I also need to point out that this sounds more like a bug than an actual baked in problem. Should probably post it in the bug reports section, just so it can be seen by the appropriate people.

Yeah I wasn’t sure if they were or were not. I ended up getting Garuda this week and I was able to 1 the shadow children. I noticed they can’t cross through Gara’s glass wall so I think area of denial works on them. They also will chase after you if you come near them so what I did was if any got near the objectives, I immediately lured them away. I think only 2 spawn so me and another person did that.

• Like 1

Go to them when they spawn and kite them away from the defense target. If you are in a public run tell your teammates not to stand near the target. I ran it with a friend and they just got them to sit on his necromech most of the time. Still with everything else going on we only barely cleared the defense, but we managed it. 

• Like 1

It's the Hollow Vein laser that is one-shotting it.  I experienced it twice last week and again today.  Hard to notice it in all the chaos but if you see it while it hits the pod, the pod's entire health disappear instantly.

Below post has a video.  At the 0:30 minute mark you can see the Hollow Vein hitting it doing 80% damage in one hit.

Edited by MystMan
  • Like 2

You can use this;

https://semlar.com/deathlog

To see what is killing your defence object and how hard it is hitting for, an example would look like this.

<Excavator> killed by 275,519 damage at 200,885 health from a Hollow Thrax Centurion using a EclipseDuviriMeleeSuit

Edited by L3512

Please take a look Hollow Vein (The Snake Boi) obliterating the Auricle in less than 2 seconds with its death beam laser thing.

DE fixed the Snek but also broke it at the same time, who could've guessed?

While DE is at it, buff the Auricle's HP and make them immune to the Liminus' health drain.

DE never really play-test their own game extensively, do they?

Edited by RogueSyndiva
Sarcasm 100% fully intended.

9 hours ago, Rikkom said:

I wouldn't be surprised if this is how all of my runs have ended in failure, but I also need to point out that this sounds more like a bug than an actual baked in problem. Should probably post it in the bug reports section, just so it can be seen by the appropriate people.

I tried submitting a report on myself to ask if it could be moved last night, to no avail it seems.

7 hours ago, RogueSyndiva said:

Please take a look Hollow Vein (The Snake Boi) obliterating the Auricle in less than 2 seconds with its death beam laser thing.

DE fixed the Snek but also broke it at the same time, who could've guessed?

While DE is at it, buff the Auricle's HP and make them immune to the Liminus' health drain.

DE never really play-test their own game extensively, do they?

The Liminus cannot damage the Auricle. I also thought they did, at a first glance. In truth, it loses damage over time because of another special condition we have this week, and you can stop it by collecting fifty Vosphene Glyphs once for each wave.

@-ShadowRadiance-

Edited by VibingCat

13 minutes ago, VibingCat said:

The Liminus cannot damage the Auricle. I also thought they did, at a first glance. In truth, it loses damage over time because of another special condition we have this week, and you can stop it by collecting fifty Vosphene Glyphs once for each wave.

@-ShadowRadiance-

It just gradually sounds like the whole mirror defense is glitched to the far reaches.

So yea this is utterly broken. The defense targets take permanent 100 dps for merely existing. We actually prevented enemies from damaging it for both waves, only to have its health tick down to zero with 1 second left anyway. Just to drive the point home I'll say it again: the first defense target took no direct damage from enemies and we still lost. Collecting fifty Vosphene Glyphs had no impact on the permanent health drain.

EDIT: Went back later and the reinforcement function was working properly, healing the objective and halting the health drain. I assume the game was bugged on my first attempt.

Edited by Neightrix
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Neightrix said:

So yea this is utterly broken. The defense targets take permanent 100 dps for merely existing.

That's ... this week's affixes.

On our side it worked fine with the Glyphs, even though the healing was rather low

1 hour ago, VibingCat said:

Fair enough, i thought they where able to damage it just like regular mobs. 

Which is why im against ppl standing on top of it and painting a big SHOOT HERE PLEASE sign where you DONT want the enemies attention. As it makes it alot easier to see which mobs got through your CC or iant paying attention to you.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

That's ... this week's affixes.

Guess I should have separated the first sentence into its own paragraph so you wouldn't get confused into thinking there was anything to correct.

6 hours ago, CthulhuCuz said:

Have you not been reading this thread?

Did you perhaps miss my comment above? I mentioned that Luminus can't damage the Auricle. What you, I, and everyone saw was the effect of a special condition whereby the objective loses health over time. Once that is cancelled during each wave thanks to fifty Vosphene Glyphs, you would notice that Luminus hanging on the defence objective don't make any difference to it, just like they didn't before. They're attracted to it because of their flawed AI.

44 minutes ago, VibingCat said:

Did you perhaps miss my comment above? I mentioned that Luminus can't damage the Auricle. What you, I, and everyone saw was the effect of a special condition whereby the objective loses health over time. Once that is cancelled during each wave thanks to fifty Vosphene Glyphs, you would notice that Luminus hanging on the defence objective don't make any difference to it, just like they didn't before. They're attracted to it because of their flawed AI.

And that is, of course, why I said there still seems to be an issue. There really should be no circumstance where if you fail to do (x) immediately you lose the objective. Particularly as many players are used to forgoing the vosphene entirely. I do understand that perhaps that is intentional, but it seems to me it is far more likely something has been overtuned to do far more than it was supposed to be doing.

As an aside, I do want to say. Last night when I made this post, we had in fact reinforced the Auricle shortly before we arrived back in it. I then proceeded to see it turbo-nuked from 12k HP to 0 while reinforced. So I daresay there is still a bug.

I trust you may be willing to admit that experiences in the game may greatly vary and there is still a very real possibility it did occur, and your own experience coupled with the one other experience as compared to the numerous others in this thread has been somewhat of a lucky one, and does not speak to the invalidity of what's been shared here by myself and others as bizarre circumstances arising in Deep Archemedea - Mirror Defense.

20 hours ago, CthulhuCuz said:

I was attempting to do Deep Archimedea for the week, and we made it to the second round at the Auricle when suddenly all the Vampyric Liminus piled on top of it and it instantly exploded. This seems like a serious issue because you can't really stop the Liminus in Deep Archimedea, so if you end up with them and they do this you'll always fail right at that point.

If they don't instantly kill it, they'll slowly kill it if you're standing by it. Pro tip is to stay away from it all the time.