Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If you could make you`re own videogame, what would you make?

Posted (edited)

This is something I ask people in the comment section on YouTube, If you had the budget, a team and the resources to make a videogame what would you make?

If you can go into detail that would be great, who know one of your ideas might happen by some reading.

Edited by (PSN)NinjaBlade626

Posted (edited)

If I could make a videogame I would make a hack & slash game, I would make a Indian or a black version of Bayonetta, 2B and Eve, Story wise she is looking for her missing husband and at the same time investigating a shady corporation that is responsible of her husband`s disappearance.

As for gameplay I would, have a mix of hack & slash and 3rd person shooting, she will have a companion that takes her to locations by helicopter, an engineer that makes weapons and repairs things, it will have action set pieces like sky diving, riding a motorbike, using unique weapons temporarily even play as her companion sometimes. Her and the protagonist have a Batman/Alfred dynamic.

I have so many concepts but if I had the opportunity, this is the one I want to make the most.

Edited by (PSN)NinjaBlade626

Posted (edited)

I created 1 mobile game, 2 flash games with the Unity Game Engine, a Website, and a PC game with the Unreal Engine. Now, I am working on an AI system during my Ph.D program, giving up my dream!
I wish I could find friends to create a game. 

Edited by Sporthand

Posted (edited)

Some sort of spiritual successor to The Warriors and The Godfather games. Build your own Rough n Tumble Gang while fighting for territory and defending any businesses under your protection from rival gangs. No guns, just brutal all-out brawls that involve punching, kicking, throwing, and makeshift weapons made from using/destroying your environment.

Maybe some RPG elements similar to River City Ransom.

On 2024-05-14 at 7:38 AM, (PSN)Sentiel said:

I would make a RPG with the combat depth and the sense of adventure like Dragons Dogma, difficulty of bossfights like Dark Souls, and characters like Baldur's Gate 3.

So what you're saying is you want to make the perfect video game? Cuz I'd buy that a million times over lol

Edited by TeaHands

And to add if I was in charge of a game studio I would want to be like Platinum games a AA studio, just like Reply Game Studios wants to be the Italian version of Platinum Games. I would mostly make hack & slash games but I would make 3rd person shooters as well.

I have sick ideas but I just do have the ability.

Just to shout out a game studio.

Dalliance Studios is a British indie studio that is making a game called Yasuke a Lost Descendant

A hack & slash game has a visual aesthetic similar to beyond the spider-verse, you can preform parkour, you can switch stances, its futuristic, it has afro-beats music.

If I have to make an educated guess, the game will be out in 2026.

Check it out if your interested and follow there social media and Wishlist it on steam, it will bw releases on PS, Xbox and PC.

Posted (edited)

One day I got really high and started playing WoW Classic. After a while I realized how much time I was spending checking the map or glancing at the minimap instead of looking at the game's world. I unbound the map key and turned off the minimap with an addon. It was like playing a different game. Amazing how much bigger the world feels when you don't know it's boundaries.

Looking for something without knowing where it is can be frustrating. What WoW Classic had going for it was the presence of landmarks, towers you could climb to have a better view of the land and sign posts. Also, quest NPCs would give you clear directions on where to go: "Follow the road north and turn east once you cross the bridge. The cabin will be next to a tall tree". This allowed me to navigate the world without a map, rewarding me with a very immersive experience.

Maps, menus, arrows pointing you in the right direction are just a way to make up for lazy world building in games.

I would make an MMO that doesn't have any of the above but, I would also make sure the player would never feel lost. The rule: I can only use things that are part of the world I'm building to achieve this. No floating way points, no map, no minimap, etc.

Edited by Himerance

• 2 weeks later...

Former game dev here.  Honestly, if you're interested in making a game, it's never been easier to make one yourself.  There are plenty of free tools like Unity that you can use to make games, and plenty of free tutorials online that can teach you how to use Unity, how to code, how to make art assets, etc.

Will you single-handedly make the next AAA blockbuster?  Probably not.  But you can still make something amazing.  There are plenty of smaller but still great games that were made by small teams or even single people.  So if making a game is something that you think you'd enjoy doing in your spare time, I highly encourage you to start doing it! ^^

Side scroller semi-metrovania. Called "The Princess Saves Herself", the premise is: the Princess is actually a well accomplished swordsman and decent magic user, but she was kidnapped because... she is a very deep sleeper, to comical levels. She now has to make her way back to help her, now under seige, kingdoom.

Am 14.5.2024 um 14:31 schrieb (PSN)NinjaBlade626:

This is something I ask people in the comment section on YouTube, If you had the budget, a team and the resources to make a videogame what would you make?

If you can go into detail that would be great, who know one of your ideas might happen by some reading.

for eye training and concentration, so that you can read better and much faster and focus on a problem like Elon Musk for 5+ minutes.

I'd like to make something like a PvE focused Dungeon Crawler with extraction mechanics, focused more on carefully exploring the dungeon and finding secrets/treasures than strictly being about combat and looting like Diablo, but also not strictly on a grid like say Grimrock so there's a bit more of a fluid nature to the exploration.

Really I only have this idea because I really find the whole "Dungeon Crawler" genre to either be very strict and tile based or just a loot-em-up with the tag attached far too often.

Hm. I've pondered plenty of games, but the one that comes up the most in my head when I wonder what game I'd love to make, it'd be a high Sci-fi/Fanatsy mix (think Starfinder) which plays kind of like a cross between Titanfall, Devil May Cry and Warframe itself. Main protagonist is a Dragon who can shift between his real form and a human-scale (a bit taller but still) humanoid form.

Humanoid form moves more like Warframe, gliding and double jumping with wings, but fights more like a spectacle fighter. Dragon form is much larger and lumbering, dealing huge damage relatively speaking (including the breath attack) but obviously can't fit into many parts of the levels and is much easier to hit. Flight would be limited to specific setpieces and/or cutscenes though, usually justified with limited space and presence of fighter jets. Most flying creatures need a lot of space to take off, after all.

On 2024-05-14 at 10:31 PM, (PSN)NinjaBlade626 said:

During my course in game design I had an eerily similar thought to Soulframe. Granted it was far more future space opera than Soul frame is but the themes were familiar. Although I prefer NOT to go into detail considering that is how people take the ideas and kinda ya know steal them. Not to be that guy but the skeptical wary person in my head screams "This is social engineering" and while perhaps unfair the risk of people sharing those ideas and having them stolen is a reality particularly for indie devs or small teams. 

Posted (edited)

A couple of inspirations come to mind... Warframe's parkour and mobility, Warframe and Borderlands' modular gun systems (Borderlands generates random weapons that a save-editor can mod), Descent's six-degrees-of-freedom movement, Mario Galaxy's spherical platforming. Enemy density should be in lower quantities of higher-quality enemies, maybe even reduce it down to a boss-rush focused game.

I like shooting in general, dislike melee combat unless there is some depth or nuance to it. The game could have either combat style, but I'd really rather not include any if it can't be executed good enough. Warframe is a great example of awful bland melee combat, and as much as I love the gunplay and gun variety, it sometimes feels like a waste on the absolutely dumb AI enemies.

What I know I wouldn't include is grind, repetitiveness, and general time padding that "mobile/gacha" are prone to, and yes, that includes Warframe

Something else I'd rather focus less on is the "power fantasy" thing, because I usually feel more powerful or accomplished as a basic person struggling and succeeding against the odds, rather than pretend to be an invincible super-hero who can just blast entire rooms and make big numbers on the screen for no risk in return...

Edited by Pakaku

Posted (edited)

Something where you play as a non-humanoid monster that's also first person, just like the Xenomorph campaign in AvP 2010. I don't get why every game has you play as a regular human or a humanoid. It'd also be an RPG like the Bethesda games. The older FP Monster games were really fun.

Edited by _Eclips3_

• 2 weeks later...
On 2024-06-02 at 8:23 PM, Pakaku said:

Warframe is a great example of awful bland melee combat, and as much as I love the gunplay and gun variety, it sometimes feels like a waste on the absolutely dumb AI enemies.

I agree with you, yes melee 2.0 had some button impute issues but it felt like a hack & slash for me, melee now is lazy and boring coz ppl didn`t want to pull off combos.

And I agree about the dumb enemy AI, all DE wants to do for difficulty is beefy, tanky enemies which is boring, I'd rather go up against smart enemies ones where you have to think before you act.

I'd like to make a 2D fighting game. Something more approachable (my hands lost the requisite dexterity for consistent stick input years ago) but still deep enough to attract a dedicated following. DnF Duel's controls had the right idea, I think, but there just wasn't enough tangible support or meat on its bones early enough for it to take off. I'm also very fond of Skullgirls and Guilty Gear as far as aesthetic, lore, and character and moveset design.

I've actually built a roster of 14 characters (and counting) in Heroforge, with a kind of gaslight caper meets cosmic horror aesthetic. Half of those also have alt figures representing their Install supers, just because I also really like Installs.

• 2 weeks later...

I love Hack & Slash games. My first experiance with the genre was when I played Sonic Unleashed because of the Werehog, I like Sonic and I like hack & slash so I was sold imediatly. Hack & Slash games have been in the decline for some years not but now they are more being made.

So for anyone that like Hack & Slash games, here are some H&S games you can check out, some are out and some are in development:

Yasuke A Lost Descendent
Soulstice 
Valkyrie Elysium
Wanted: Dead
Etenights
Stella Blade
Project DT
Project M
Lost Soul Aside
Phantom Hellcat
Arise of Awakener
Granblue Fantasy Relink
Shred & Tear: Explosive Kajun
Phantom Blade
SuperSimmer
Astor: Blade of the Monolith

There are a lot more that are out there, H&S games are really fun to play and I'm so glad to see more of them.
Shouts out to hack & slash games, they are making a comeback.