Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update Failures

[DE]Glen

Same here. I just played three missions then all of a sudden, the game was telling me to restart to update my client, but there wasn't any red text preceding this supposed update, and now that I've restarted, I can't log back in.

So, having some kind of version mismatch today.

I logged in and did sortie, and after finishing the last mission was told there was an update.  No red text so i thought it was weird but restarted the game anyway. Launcher show I'm up to date, but the login screen says there's an update I don't have so i can't log in.

Game menu shows as 2020.12.10.09.55

Edit: Did another restart after posting this and was able to log in fine.  Weird server hiccup, maybe

Edited by souldead341
  • Like 2

Confirming same bug as above.  I logged out before the hotfix, updated and played again, then during play the launcher update warning came up and logged me out.  Launcher shows up to date after running several times, and the error I get is the same as shown by @nslay

Edit: appears to be fixed now, arigato!

Edited by AngelicBedlam

I am unable to launch the game from the client.

I figure this isn't the most informative screenshot, but here it is anyway.

fEaH9DH.png

I have tried both disabling my antivirus and verifying cache on steam. I wanted to try verifying and optimizing in the client itself, but the game can't update to verify files if it can't update in the first place.

I even tried reinstalling the game, but no dice.

I just got back into the game, please don't take this from me.

(edit note: I did submit a support ticket, I dont expect posting this here to be much more than venting.)

Edited by MiloFranklin
added note at end of post

Getting the launcher update fail now too. Worked fine a few hours ago.

Edit: Here's a fix: On steam, right click Warframe in your library and click on Properties. Go to Local Files and Browse. This opens up a new window with your files. Go into the Tools folder. You'll see a file called Launcher, right click it and go to Properties. In the Compatibility tab, check mark the "Run this program as an administrator." Click Apply in the bottom right, then OK.  Launch Warframe through steam like you normally do. The game might auto-verify files, but it should work now.

Edited by Masquerine
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, Masquerine said:

Getting the launcher update fail now too. Worked fine a few hours ago.

Edit: Here's a fix: On steam, right click Warframe in your library and click on Properties. Go to Local Files and Browse. This opens up a new window with your files. Go into the Tools folder. You'll see a file called Launcher, right click it and go to Properties. In the Compatibility tab, check mark the "Run this program as an administrator." Click Apply in the bottom right, then OK.  Launch Warframe through steam like you normally do. The game might auto-verify files, but it should work now.

I came back here to let people know about the same fix. See you took care of it.

Still strange this was suddenly needed, as I have played Warframe for years without issue.

• 2 weeks later...

Currently having an issue where the launcher will not start via Steam, and will give the following error message

1847559cefe9e167864f7b881bcbefb4.png

Rebooting the computer had no effect. When attempting to verify files, this error popped up

39a8748ab2170bc055cfb2ebc9406558.png

The same error occurred when uninstalling files. Currently doing a new installation of the game, though it's about an hour away from completion at the time of posting this

• 4 weeks later...

I also suddenly have similar problems (network timeout, ...).

So:

• I uninstalled my Steam Warframe version
  • I installed it again (10-16Mb/sec without any network problem)
  • I ran the launcher, and it downloaded the whole game again (same speed with no problem).
  • then the launcher failed to run something.
  • I set the 'run as administrator' checkbox on Launcher.exe and this error disappears, but the update-verification process appeared to have some connection problem.
  • then I delete "%LOCALAPPDATA%\warframe\preprocess.log" (15Mb) ...
  • ... from this point the launcher returned to work fine.

Does it have any sense for you?

Edited by Knife70

Since last Monday (01/02/2021) I haven't been able to update the game, whenever I start the launcher its starts downloading a 6 Gb update but after reaching about 14% it always fails.

It was working fine until the update the brought the new intermission, afterwards I can't even get the game to actually launch, it's stuck in a trying to update and failing to loop.

dear devs,
since the hotfix 29.6.9 I faced one critical bug that I've already described in the topic of hotfix 29.6.9
I'd like to repeat: "after this update I have stats loss in every aspect of game including warframe, weapons, sentinels ant etc."

first screenshot is from hotfix 29.6.8.1 (everything seems to be normal, I'd like to mention that radial attack here is about 15k damage even It's unavailable to see it it on the picture below)

Spoiler

6c4vhjTQ3jM.jpg?size=1920x1080&quality=9

the second one is from after the hotfix 29.6.9

Spoiler

iF51XxdvkLY.jpg?size=1920x1080&quality=9

and the third one (basically two screenshots showing that this bud isn't happening due to the language, also I've tried to change the language in the 29.6.9 - still had a bug) after the hotfix 29.7.0

Spoiler

nYnpeU-x5ww.jpg?size=1920x1080&quality=9

Spoiler

FMENCJrbm5I.jpg?size=1920x1080&quality=9

I mentioned the radial damage for the reason, as far as you can see on the screenshot with english as the chosen one - the radial damage is 3,7k - it's 5 times lower than it was, so the same thing happened with everything in the game

• 1 month later...
В 11.12.2020 в 03:49, nslay сказал:

I can't login because there is a more up-to-date client. But client says I'm up-to-date. I have restarted the client numerous times now.

Показать контент

v9pZLli.jpg

Показать контент

d2X8jJu.jpg

Same issue here.

• Like 1