The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is the one single ability you would never subsume over ever?

1 minute ago, ominumi said:

Titiania's Razorwing

Vauban Vortex

Excalibur Exaulted Blade

Rhino Roar

Mirage Eclipse

Xaku's Vast Uptime

Ash Blade Storm

Banshee Silence

Protea Dispensery

but if you were able to only choose one?

26 minutes ago, xXDragonGodXx said:

As the title says; What is the one single ability you would never subsume over ever?

I'm curious.

I have a few for each frame, lol.  But if I had to pick one, I'd take the most useful and overstuffed ability in the game: Cloudwalker.  I'm not even a Wukong main, but he's in my regular rotation for this power alone.  I rarely remember to summon my clone or use Defy, and my 4 is now Perspicacity in perpetuity.  But Cloudwalker is fantastic.  It's amazing mobility, healing, invulnerability, stealth, and a status cleanse.

• Like 1

I'm going to approach this differently. What is the least subsumed ability on a frame and why would you subsume over it? This means that the other three have stronger reasons to be subsumed over so it still answers the question, just in the inverse order of assuming there are three other abilities that are less relevant to the question.

DE please give us the helminth stats, I know you have them.

Since others are likely going through the entire cast for this and I don't want to have to defend it for everybody. Banshee, Chroma, Nidus, Trinity, Baruuk are my selection from another topic.

The obvious answer would be Storm but I disagree. Baruuk doesn't do great in go-fast content so that is one reason you'd want to subsume over it if you know you can't pull it out in time.

Trinity, Blessing. A helminth 4 actually comes with a huge benefit of increased strength from precision intensify so subsuming it to that slot that is a reason. Precision intensify for Thermal sunder is a reason. This could apply to a huge number of other strong ultimates in the cast as well.

Nidus, Larva. Dump range in exchange for high strength for high Link stat. Reason to subsume over that. But then you have Ravenous to worry about but archon intensify works so that is one reason you'd want to keep that. And you can't get rid of virulence since you still need mutation stacks in which Larva has less range.

Chroma, a cheat code to this question if you have multiple bad abilities making a singular helminth option more favorable than any one ability. Vex Armor. But if Chroma is slated for a rework that is a response to the question.

Banshee, I'm not sure which one this would be. Many modes of playstyle of Sonic boom span, sound quake spam, silence spam or sonar spam so any ability would be subsume-able.

So my closest answer to this question would be Vex Armor barring Chroma rework. When the entire frame is so bad that you can nonchalantly subsume over any ability without any noticeable impact then yeah he's bad.

Edited by Numerounius
  • Like 2

Pull.

Playing Mag without Pull?  I simply can't imagine it.  It's so fun, so definitive, so effective, so "Get over here!".  A wad of boys crumpled at my feet, on-demand, practically free of charge.  Yes, I'll be having that, thank you very much.

1 hour ago, xXDragonGodXx said:

As the title says; What is the one single ability you would never subsume over ever?

I'm curious.

Frost's Avalanche 

Runner's Up:

Kullervo's 3

Ember's Fireblast

Hildryn's Pillage

Loki's Disarm

2 hours ago, xXDragonGodXx said:

You know what.. thats actually fair. Who would want to mess with the loot.

I mean

I subsumed over khora's 4 with inaros's pocket sand so crazy cat lady frame can have a cat with duplex bond and sand cats to go with her exalted cat. Now if only I could slot duplex bond on venari =/

Edited by Sephylon086918

22 minutes ago, Sephylon086918 said:

I mean

I subsumed over khora's 4 with inaros's pocket sand so crazy cat lady frame can have a cat with duplex bond and sand cats to go with her exalted cat. Now if only I could slot duplex bond on venari =/

You could of just subsume over 3 and still have Venari PLUS the sandy kitty.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ominumi said:

You could of just subsume over 3 and still have Venari PLUS the sandy kitty.

Can't command venari to attack, forcing her to do her snare attack force procing slash and gas, if I do that. Plus venari can't hit foes dangling in the dome very well

Edited by Sephylon086918

Nekro's 3 (Desecrate) and Wisp's 1 (Motes). You'd have to be either insane or playing some kind of 4D Chess to willingly subsume over either of these two abilities.

Edited by ZiIIion

I interpret the question largely as, "What is the most frame-defining ability?"

It's hard to pick one. Any exalted weapon ability is a big pick.

I might put my vote on......

Mirage's clones.

What other frame can just do a thing but it's x5?

It's REALLY cool with things that end up having an increased spread. Try something like Paris Prime with Split Shots. (Really wish Nataruk could use that mod.)

Edited by 4thBro