The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove this standing limit

Ylardara

Yes but with this system people are getting bored too. Like imagine; You want a item that you need a rank 5 in a syndicate and you're rank 1. You literally have to wait nearly a week for a item that you want to get. How is this fun?

• Like 5

il y a une heure, Ylardara a dit :

How is this fun?

It's rewarding. Getting things instantaneously isn't.
You got to work towards your goals, and it takes time and many challenges.
People are getting way more bored when they get everything with a snap of a finger ; I promise you ; Because they can't value the treasure then.

• Like 9

First of all, this is the bug reports general subforum. I’d recommend taking this to the feedback subforum.

Secondly, along with the points others have mentioned, I think you have burnout from the game. As a lot of people say, take a break if you feel so. The game unlike most in the F2P sphere will still be here for you to pick back up when you feel the Warframe itch again. 😄

• Like 1

It is an intentional time-gate because DE wants player login numbers to stay high, not because of “burnout” or “getting bored too fast”. Your complaint is valid, waiting isn’t fun and players should be allowed to decide for themselves how much they want to play

Edited by Pakaku
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Pakaku said:

waiting isn’t fun and players should be allowed to decide for themselves how much they want to play

Good thing there are multiple things to do in the game when certain things are full or done for the day.

• Like 7

It's a mandatory feature for a number of reasons.

As for the whole "getting bored" issue try actually looking at and progressing the rest of the game. There's 12 different standing systems (ignoring conclave) that all have separate daily limits. If you've capped out on one then just move onto the other. And if you don't even know about at least 10 of those then you have more important tasks to work on than complaining about the cap.

Edit: Also just so it's clear the six faction Syndicates are being counted as one standing system here since they all share the same cap. And technically you could add 1 more to that list if you want to count Nightwave.

Edited by trst
  • Like 2

On 2024-09-07 at 11:24 AM, Ylardara said:

You literally have to wait nearly a week for a item that you want to get. How is this fun?

This is a free to play game. You want an item on day one? You shell out with your wallet. And if you don't wanna do that? Well now you have a cool new weapon to look forward to using NEXT week. That's called player retention, that's how Warframe is a successful game

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Pakaku said:

It is an intentional time-gate because DE wants player login numbers to stay high, not because of “burnout” or “getting bored too fast”. Your complaint is valid, waiting isn’t fun and players should be allowed to decide for themselves how much they want to play

No, what's boring is getting everything ASAP and then twiddling your thumbs because you rushed through the game for no reason whatsoever. Besides, there are, literally, thousands of hours of extra stuff you could be doing while waiting on that one thing. The game doesn't stop just because something is cooking in the oven.

3 hours ago, trst said:

It's a mandatory feature for a number of reasons.

As for the whole "getting bored" issue try actually looking at and progressing the rest of the game. There's 12 different standing systems (ignoring conclave) that all have separate daily limits. If you've capped out on one then just move onto the other. And if you don't even know about at least 10 of those then you have more important tasks to work on than complaining about the cap.

Edit: Also just so it's clear the six faction Syndicates are being counted as one standing system here since they all share the same cap. And technically you could add 1 more to that list if you want to count Nightwave.

Side silly question for you @trst:

Have you ever tried to find a way to get all of the faction syndicates to at least level 4? I know the math exists, but I refuse to do that math in the name of pure fun and intrigue. 

35 minutes ago, GEN-Son_17 said:

Side silly question for you @trst:

Have you ever tried to find a way to get all of the faction syndicates to at least level 4? I know the math exists, but I refuse to do that math in the name of pure fun and intrigue. 

No I've never personally bothered with it. Especially between being too lazy to trade for items from opposing sides and treating it as my passive Relic farm I've not wanted to micromanage Sigils/Pledges. Plus I'm currently working on re-ranking half of them yet again for the newer augments and Simulacrum scenes.

But if DE just stopped adding to their shops entirely I'll probably go through the grind to get them all situated at rank 5 simultaneously.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, trst said:

No I've never personally bothered with it. Especially between being too lazy to trade for items from opposing sides and treating it as my passive Relic farm I've not wanted to micromanage Sigils/Pledges. Plus I'm currently working on re-ranking half of them yet again for the newer augments and Simulacrum scenes.

But if DE just stopped adding to their shops entirely I'll probably go through the grind to get them all situated at rank 5 simultaneously.

What you said about it is exactly why I asked. With the new adds, I was looking for a good, middle ground way to keep the factions close enough to R5 without having to fight the caps too much. The best I've done was 5,5,4,3,3,2, usually with New Loka (2), Perrin and Steel at (3), Red Veil at 4, and Suda and the Hexis at 5. 

8 hours ago, GEN-Son_17 said:

No, what's boring is getting everything ASAP and then twiddling your thumbs because you rushed through the game for no reason whatsoever. Besides, there are, literally, thousands of hours of extra stuff you could be doing while waiting on that one thing. The game doesn't stop just because something is cooking in the oven.

If I had the energy to rush through some new content, then I got my enjoyment and I move on. This is not what DE wants, they want me to log in and play in tiny tedious bits.

And speaking as an end-game player, there really isn't much else for me to be doing unless it's for fun. This is also assuming that I even enjoy the content in the first place; for example, no, I have zero interest in any melee-focused content, so that cuts out any enjoyment for melee rewards. And if I'm not having fun, I don't sit around twiddling my thumbs, I take a break from the game (which I am actually doing right now until 1999 rolls around)

I have a pretty good grasp on how to handle my boredom, I don't need the devs to take charge for me, but unfortunately the tone of this game's development is flawed by that "f2p/mobile game" hubris.

Edited by Pakaku
  • Like 3

Ppl would just speedrun game in week its already compreesed enough

Only point that stands is that some missions in begining should be removed or speed up some in mid game thats all

This is live service game 

If we don't have limits, players will burn themselves out in a very short amount of time, and then whine about content drying up and the game dying.

I was wondering when we were going to see this kind of post again.  I almost missed it.

the thing i can say having les standing to grind daily can be a blessing because no matter what you gonna do you will fill it fast and then you have time for other stuff if you have an infinit amout of standing you could grind you feel like wasteing your day not doing it completly takeing way more time of your day

i remeber grinding fortuna with mr0 1000standing a day for long long while until later it got a boost now i can gain 16k and need to do it efficenent not like i did before in a fun or different way every day

Edited by Nybris

13 hours ago, Pakaku said:

If I had the energy to rush through some new content, then I got my enjoyment and I move on. This is not what DE wants, they want me to log in and play in tiny tedious bits.

And speaking as an end-game player, there really isn't much else for me to be doing unless it's for fun. This is also assuming that I even enjoy the content in the first place; for example, no, I have zero interest in any melee-focused content, so that cuts out any enjoyment for melee rewards. And if I'm not having fun, I don't sit around twiddling my thumbs, I take a break from the game (which I am actually doing right now until 1999 rolls around)

I have a pretty good grasp on how to handle my boredom, I don't need the devs to take charge for me, but unfortunately the tone of this game's development is flawed by that "f2p/mobile game" hubris.

All of this sounds a bit...never mind dude. The parameters of the game is set. Up to you to engage or not. 

Removing standing limits easily creates a situation where players feel pressured to do everything extremely fast or at the same time. Either burning themselves out from the game while pushing every reputation at once, or by finishing them and then having 'nothing to do' and quit.

Edited by Prexades
  • Like 2

2024/9/8 AM2点24分 , Ylardara 说:

Yes but with this system people are getting bored too. Like imagine; You want a item that you need a rank 5 in a syndicate and you're rank 1. You literally have to wait nearly a week for a item that you want to get. How is this fun?

Most people spend at least a few hundred in game hours over several years in this game. I am sure one or two weeks won't hurt. At least I have never felt locked out of something because of this.

And people said it again and again. Standing limit is there so when DE made a new syndicate you won't burn through 5 ranks in a single day and come to the forum complaining there is no content.

Edited by RichardKam

On 2024-09-08 at 10:39 PM, GEN-Son_17 said:
On 2024-09-08 at 2:36 AM, Pakaku said:

Longer grinds, time gates and randomness won't automatically make game interesting. What makes game fun is how you get and what you get.

• Like 1