The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stage 2 of this week's Deep Archimedea is insanely difficult

So I've attempted to do this week's deep archimedea like three times and have failed all three times in stage two because not only does the objective constantly lose health unless you grab the glyphs but the rupturing fragments appear to be able to one shot the objective, or at least deal a massive chunk of damage, which is an issue because the entire mission consists of a continuous swarm of them. 

It's definitely an unfortunate set of modifiers for this week, but I feel like unless you bring a ton of CC into the mission, this particular mission is going to be insanely difficult because a singular rupturing fragment slipping pass and getting close to the objective can result in a total mission failure.

Doesn't help in my case as well that because of the whole "use specific gear to get points to get reward" system, I might have to intentionally sacrifice some rewards just to get pass this. My frames consist of Gyre, Garuda and Valkyr which do damage but have no way of keeping the objective safe and almost all of my weapons have low ammo (Penta, Zarr and Rubico (sniper ammo) and angstrum, kulstar and twin Roggas which aren't too bad) so if I use ammo deficit, I basically cannot gain ammo, as even with ammo mutation and carrier prime, I get zero ammo pickups for any of my weapons so i'm either forced into using melee, or have to carefully use the Angstrum so I can build up the incarnon form without wasting too much ammo (or not use the modifier). 

Perhaps it's a "skill issue" on my part, but it's not easy to defend a single objective against a constant flood of enemies coming from all directions while having to use specific gear, also the enemies boosted movement speed thanks to the bold venture modifier the mission also has (so those rupturing fragments are going to rush the objective a lot faster) and while it's easier with a team, a single slip up can cause the entire mission to fail. 

Limbo and / or frost are definitely going to be extremely helpful here, and I'm thankful this particular mission doesn't have the modifier that gives every single enemy overguard, but it's definitely a particularly brutal mission this week, and I have done every single deep archimedea so far with every single modifier equipped and barely had issues until now. 

Really makes me wish we weren't required to use specific warframes and gear in order to get the points needed for the rewards. Not only is it very limiting but when a mission like this pops up, if you don't have the right gear equipped, you likely won't be able to beat the mission unless your teammates are fully prepared for this?image.png?ex=66e047d2&is=66def652&hm=fc091fd324c9788330a3d3869d3a25293e5b7f06df8d54e9b5dae19c5e1f9305&=

Edited by crimsonspartan1

Are you solo or in a party?

For solo, I agree, the mobile defense mission is a hard grief mechanic, lmao. It was worse last week with needing 100 glyphs instead of 50. This week's degen isn't very bad in comparison.

But yeah. Having to defend an objective that doesn't properly scale with the incoming enemies is very obnoxious. If you're solo, you basically need to use one of three Frames, and that's just bad design.

Not sure when they plan on fixing this issue. It's a problem in anything that has these types of killable objectives.

6 minutes ago, 4thBro said:

Are you solo or in a party?

For solo, I agree, the mobile defense mission is a hard grief mechanic, lmao. It was worse last week with needing 100 glyphs instead of 50. This week's degen isn't very bad in comparison.

But yeah. Having to defend an objective that doesn't properly scale with the incoming enemies is very obnoxious. If you're solo, you basically need to use one of three Frames, and that's just bad design.

Not sure when they plan on fixing this issue. It's a problem in anything that has these types of killable objectives.

Three times in a party. Admittedly public lobbies cus that's what I usually do them in. I don't think i'm good enough to be able to solo it, especially when needing to use specific gear just to grab all the worthwhile rewards

Last week's Mirro Defense was fine for me, even with the 100 glyphs instead of 50. At least there were no enemies that could one tap the objective back then?

2 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

Deploy specters, the ancient healer specter has done a lot of work for me in past EDA MDs regardless of what frame I bring.

Admittedly a good idea. Do worry they'll just die from the fragments however. At least there's no gear limitation modifier so specters are a good option

Gerade eben schrieb Drachnyn:

Deploy specters, the ancient healer specter has done a lot of work for me in past EDA MDs regardless of what frame I bring.

Even with specter and Frost bubble our defenstarget was one hited from 38k life to zero, we try it now with limbo.

Just now, LuckyNecro said:

Even with specter and Frost bubble our defenstarget was one hited from 38k life to zero, we try it now with limbo.

I guess Bring frost and limbo? Go crazy with the CC and Defense because this particular mission is really brutal if you don't keep a close eye on the objective or the 100 rupturing fragments swarming it from all directions?

With Frost and picking Zarr along with Angstrum there should be few issues, since everything will be stripped and frozen besides a few OG units and the odd necramech, unless you just stop that spawn and dredge through the timer instead. Add a sentinel with duplex bond and you should have an abundance of energy orbs for even more avalanche spamming.

And if you havent tried it yet I'd suggest using a tenno specter with a Tenet Glaxion. Something like Dante that also has decent uptime on overguard buffing, enemy debuffing and a floaty little book for you to boost damage on your attacks a bit. But most importantly though, Ancient Healer is the biggest benefit, and if you have the landing craft from Kahl use that skill, since it's a bunch of extra specters that practically have 24/7 uptime since you can cast it back to back. Also dont forget your On Call crew mate/lich/sister.

Just now, -ShadowRadiance- said:

Just checking, 

Does the gara have an dispensory build? 

I mistyped in my original post. Was meant to say Garuda, not Gara, which I have edited earlier. Don't think I have a build on her with dispensary anyway?

1 minute ago, SneakyErvin said:

With Frost and picking Zarr along with Angstrum there should be few issues, since everything will be stripped and frozen besides a few OG units and the odd necramech, unless you just stop that spawn and dredge through the timer instead. Add a sentinel with duplex bond and you should have an abundance of energy orbs for even more avalanche spamming.

And if you havent tried it yet I'd suggest using a tenno specter with a Tenet Glaxion. Something like Dante that also has decent uptime on overguard buffing, enemy debuffing and a floaty little book for you to boost damage on your attacks a bit. But most importantly though, Ancient Healer is the biggest benefit, and if you have the landing craft from Kahl use that skill, since it's a bunch of extra specters that practically have 24/7 uptime since you can cast it back to back. Also dont forget your On Call crew mate/lich/sister.

Main issue with zarr and angstrum is if I use the ammo modifier, I get zero ammo for either weapon from any sources, and I know because I spent a majority of the first stage in my first run stuck on melee cus I was getting zero ammo from anything. And frost isn't a frame I can get points with so if I use frost and disable the ammo modifier, I lose out on a shard or arcane, unless I'm extremely careful with my Angstrum specifically and make sure I can get the incarnon up with as little ammo as possible. 

Il just drop what id try. 

In my case. Garuda.

Id subsume ln harrows chains.

Spam Cc all i can since she has infinite energy.

Then you -only- have to consider overguarded enemies to focus. 

Id also look at the ammo augment to make double use of the ability spam.

Just now, crimsonspartan1 said:

I mistyped in my original post. Was meant to say Garuda, not Gara, which I have edited earlier. Don't think I have a build on her with dispensary anyway?

Main issue with zarr and angstrum is if I use the ammo modifier, I get zero ammo for either weapon from any sources, and I know because I spent a majority of the first stage in my first run stuck on melee cus I was getting zero ammo from anything. And frost isn't a frame I can get points with so if I use frost and disable the ammo modifier, I lose out on a shard or arcane, unless I'm extremely careful with my Angstrum specifically and make sure I can get the incarnon up with as little ammo as possible. 

Hmm true I missed that. You could potentially run Frost, replace his 1 with dispensery and make use of your Archgun since it would also shred most things if you strip them. Not sure if dispensery also circumvents the ammo modifier with the universal ammo pickups.

25 minutes ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

I guess Bring frost and limbo? Go crazy with the CC and Defense because this particular mission is really brutal if you don't keep a close eye on the objective or the 100 rupturing fragments swarming it from all directions?

Ya, had a Limbo with us and it made it trivial.

2 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Hmm true I missed that. You could potentially run Frost, replace his 1 with dispensery and make use of your Archgun since it would also shred most things if you strip them. Not sure if dispensery also circumvents the ammo modifier with the universal ammo pickups.

In my experience, Dispenary pickups are reduced by the modifier. But you're getting a new pickup (and possibly 2) every 6 seconds, so it's not actually such a big deal if you can keep Dispenary up

There's of course always the option of throwing gloom onto a frame, since slow makes timed defense missions a lot simpler. Other CC subsumes like Resonator or Decoy should also work (Resonator may need the Conductor augment to ensure that enemies stay well away from the target).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bizzo50 said:

Ya, had a Limbo with us and it made it trivial.

Just beat it by going Limbo myself.

Was super close tho cus I had a zephyr teammate who kept on throwing tornados on the point and enemies were being dragged into it regardless of stasis, but I finally got the worst stage out the way

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

Just beat it by going Limbo myself.

Was super close tho cus I had a zephy teammate who kept on throwing tornados on the point and enemies were being dragged into it regardless of stasis, but I finally got the worst stage out the way

Nice job Tenno!

Mirror is always kind of random.  This mission is kinda deceptive because you can get caught off guard.  It's so slow that it got me to gamble on a mech spawn.  I barely beat the last wave.

Tbh I have never really understood this modifier.  Does it take damage over time?  No...not that I can see...but when it does take damage it appears to take huge dot damage so I guess it means that? 

Most of time it remains full HP while it puts me to sleep and then one random hit will remove 90% HP in a few seconds.  So I usually park at objective w ancient healer, wisp specter, kahl and operator, and don't collect too far away or be away from objective very long without CC. 

There have been many harder than this one, but I've always solo-ed.  There was a MD one 2 months ago I failed 10x+ on 34, but this was another 37 one run.  Most of them are easy, but Mirror is always in the hardest ones for sure.  I am wondering where Effervo has gone, as I enjoy that a lot more than MD.

Edited by Lord_Drod

if you're solo, using Specters is a good idea unless Gear Embargo is on. also, you can use your Necramech if needed as long as transference is available.

in a squad, Ideally you want one person as the dedicated glyph grabber: they don't need to fight anything, just focus on running around and grabbing glyphs the moment they appear, ideally they want to be using a frame with good mobility. the rest focus on defending the objective. if someone has gloom, they can keep enemeis off the objective themselves, allowing the others to grab glyphs and focus on taking down the eximus mechs to reduce the timer.

I agree, it's not a particularly great/fun mode in EDA, but it's not impossible by any means.

The problem are Rupturing Fragments (explosive potential modifier), that are causing huge amounts of damage, almost destroying the defense objective in one hit. 

The best, as many others have said, is to use a defensive frame as Frost, Limbo, Gara... 

I did it with Gara without major problems.

The most important is to keep the Rupturing Fragments far from the Vitrium/Auriculum, because of their AOE attacks. 

This being said, I still think that there is something wrong with the way their damage is scaling. 

Edited by AegidiusF

I see most have already recommended things I would have , 

But there are a few things I would like to add.

Grouping and dispersing effects : Airburst is amazing when you want to have enemies at a place or outside a place , throw it to get enemies away from the objective or let it suck enemies at a chokepoint. It's a helminth ability so can work on any frame. Operator can also do this (vazarin vortex) and give other CC effects depending on your loadout.

Since you specifically mentioned penta , the tether grenades are also a reasonable option.

Shield osprey gives a very small shield , but pair with abilities that can replenish shields will give a moderate ehp to the objective.

Radiation puppet : if you use garudas blood altar on an enemy thats irradiated it will give you a little bit of diversion. So keep it just out of the rupturing range.

On a side note , I have decided to stop bothering with EDA (and netracells) every week. I will probably play them if I feel.like it , I may regret this later but right now I don't see the point of stockpiling shards when most of my preferred frames are already kinda optimised.

Me and my buddy had to repeat this stage because we died last stage like absolute goobers but with the full specter squad and my banshee with sonic boom, silence and condemn barely any enemy even got to touch the defense targets. Sonic boom was especially useful for getting the rupturing fragments away. Only threats at that point are eximus snakes or flyers but those are rather large and easy to spot.

My tips

• Activate necramechs and defeat them to decrease time, this adds to difficulty and must be done midway the 1st defense section upon analizing your team, if the team lacks defensive capability, do not summon it. Never add difficulty if the team is already on the brick of colapse
  • Summon your own necramechs as they can deal high damage to anything using the 4th ability
  • Summon specters (mission conditions do not stop you from using an army of specters)
  • Summon Railjack Crewmember
  • Create openings, collect the glyphs and return instantly to a defensive position as enemies have high speed and the objective relies on high defensive capabilities, never wander around. You collect glyphs only when you see said opening.
  • If your teammates are careless, then defend, remember that for the AI you are a high priority target, place yourself between the enemy and the defense target. Caliban sentient summons are also high priority btw.

I see you passed it OP, congrats. 

I personally wouldn't consider it a skill issue thing, maybe more of a theory craft and luck/RNG thing. 

For example, looking at your given selection of tools, some people would be excited to see if they could pull together a build that accommodates the challenges involved. Like Garuda can basically have Infinite Energy, and there are some Mods that can help address and accomodate Ammo Economy issues. Garuda has an Augment that could make for an interesting build, and there is a Parazon Mod that can also accomodate weapons with low Ammo economy. Like the Kuva Zarr which is still very very powerful, if you can 1. Spam it. 2. Have a lot of Ammo. Given a lot of Murmur enemies even without being Eximus can be easy to Mercy Kill... Thats a possible potent combination. Could potentially also throw on a Subsume to help patch out any other weaknesses. Including ways to potentially assist potential team mates. I for example, often spam (well, not spam exactly, since you can't, but use when I can) Consumables whenever the Gear Modifier isn't in play. Not just for myself, but for allies. Sometimes only actually for Allies (like if I am Lavos, using an Energy Pad). 

Also, already mentioned, but if Gear isn't restricted? Spectres can be your friend, especially on Mirror Defence. You can also get them to stay in a spot, so can sometimes effectively clog up certain paths where a lot of enemies tunnel through. Which means that they are away from the Objective when you kill them, which prevents it beinh harmed if you have the rupturing modifier. 

The team I was grouped with this week, we breezed through, granted, we had a Frost, but our guns kind of seemed lacking, and I tend to think it was more team work, synergy and friendliness that pulled us through. (Well and Spectres and Frost bubble for Mirror Defence specifically.). 

I rolled Baruuk and had fun just punching stuff (some Lulling and Desolate Handing too, plus Spectres). 

46 minutes ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

I tend to think it was more team work, synergy and friendliness that pulled us through.

I believe this is the key for it always.

Players tend to try tackling everything as a "one man army" but Deep Arc is actually very team-oriented.

This week we had one guy mostly focused on collecting glyphs, two only protecting the object, and one split between both as needed.

Sometimes it'll just fall into place organically and other times it takes a bit of delegation or negotiation, but it always seems to go much smoother -- plus way more fun -- when everybody is doing a part rather than each trying to take the whole thing on independently.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, (XBOX)RaeOvSunshyn said:

I believe this is the key for it always.

Players tend to try tackling everything as a "one man army" but Deep Arc is actually very team-oriented.

This week we had one guy mostly focused on collecting glyphs, two only protecting the object, and one split between both as needed.

Sometimes it'll just fall into place organically and other times it takes a bit of delegation or negotiation, but it always seems to go much smoother -- plus way more fun -- when everybody is doing a part rather than each trying to take the whole thing on independently.

Yeah I agree with that too. I often prefer just going solo when playing Warframe. Like Netracells I just find more chill solo, and i can solo EDA most weeks, but I'll usually try a PUG, just because I have had a lot of chilled, and great experiences with randoms. Like there can be fun and interesting times with others, and iy can be a lot smoother overall. Obviously not guaranteed, since random people will be random, but ist been pleasantly surprising. 

Some groups will be a bit more communicative. Like in the Disruption, where the Conduits can be destroyed, will be good if one person will play Defence on them. Small stuff like that.