The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please let us turn off Zenurik's [Inner Might]

4thBro

PXhEz0n.png

Word to the wise, if you haven't YET grabbed this, then DO NOT.

However, for the rest of us... We are now completely unable to ever select Zenurik on any of our shield gate Frames.

Additionally, we are never allowed to use [Arcane Steadfast] either, for the same reason. And this seems counter-productive to me.

... So, alternatively, maybe just allow free spells to still count as if we paid for them in regards to Respite/Augur.

Ok, thanks, byeeee!~

• Like 2

Just do not use Zenurik. You think you need it, but you do not.

11 minutes ago, 4thBro said:

However, for the rest of us... We are now completely unable to ever select Zenurik on any of our shield gate Frames.

If a free cast every 60 seconds makes you unable to play something, it was too risky to play in the first place.

Edited by Zakkhar
  • Like 7

4 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

Just do not use Zenurik. You think you need it, but you do not.

If a free cast every 60 seconds makes you unable to play something, it was too risky to play in the first place.

I don't NEED it, I WANT it.

It's not about a "free cast making it unplayable." It's that a free cast every 60 seconds isn't something I'm keeping track of, but if I cast a spell and assume I'm fine but am not, then I may die and that's annoying. Like if I'm playing Frost and I assume, during this long animation of Avalanche, that I'm now shield gated. But I'm not. So I can easily die here.

... That's annoying.

I would like the annoying thing to not be an annoying thing.

This is very simple, why are we discussing this?

Literally every concept gets resistance on these forums, holy crap, LMAO!

• Like 1

Shieldgate builds were always a weird option, living on borrowed time via esoteric methods that turns a mechanic meant to prevent one-shots into invincibility on demand, where in its first incarnation it utilised a piece of equipment meant to make you weaker and instead made you impossible to kill.

I’ve little concern about the impact on shieldgate builds that inner might has, but I personally wouldn’t mind an option to toggle school nodes, especially if I’m trying to get into the headspace of someone who  doesn’t have schools unlocked in the first place

• Like 3

I think simply displaying its cooldown on the hud would fix 99% of all problems. Right now the only indicator that it's ready is a glowing spark around your frame, which isn't very easy to keep track of.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Merkranire said:

Shieldgate builds were always a weird option, living on borrowed time via esoteric methods that turns a mechanic meant to prevent one-shots into invincibility on demand, where in its first incarnation it utilised a piece of equipment meant to make you weaker and instead made you impossible to kill.

I’ve little concern about the impact on shieldgate builds that inner might has, but I personally wouldn’t mind an option to toggle school nodes, especially if I’m trying to get into the headspace of someone who  doesn’t have schools unlocked in the first place

Although off-topic, real quick I will say:

The issue is that HP tanking is very close to impossible against higher level enemies. (And maybe you have no interest in that, but a lot of other people do.)

You can stack layer after layer of DR, and at the end of the day, if you don't have 6 digit EHP, it actually isn't even enough. I'll give you an example.

On Nezha, I have 90% Halo redirection, 88.34% Armor DR, and 1665 HP. This is a rough total of 98.83% damage reduction, and an EHP of 142,906. And at the end of the day, I can still get 1-shot in that content. Adaptation is another layer, but since it has to ramp up by taking hits in the first place, it's not reliable. (And I'm thinking of removing it, honestly, and putting it in the "never again" pile.) I'm considering changing my Helminth to be Eclipse for another DR layer, which would put me at over half a mil of EHP, and I still don't know if that would be enough.

That's the reality of HP tanks. Yeah, HP tanks have easy sailing on basic Steel Path stuff, or Archons, or EDA's, etc. You won't struggle through the game's regular content with it. But if you wanted to push past that, HP tanks suddenly start to struggle.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Voltage said:

People have been asking for years to properly toggle any and all Focus perks, passives and waybound nodes. Sadly, it's been so many years, I wouldn't hold my breath.

I'm pretty sure we used to be able to turn certain ones off or a branch, but after the last Focus update, it has stopped everything.

We had a mate in the Clan (he's dead now) that would have hide allies when invisible it's not in the tree anymore it got changed and we couldn't see the drones while hunting Eidolons.

I have the old focus tree screenshots, but I can't find them at present.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 4thBro said:

PXhEz0n.png

Word to the wise, if you haven't YET grabbed this, then DO NOT.

Additionally, we are never allowed to use [Arcane Steadfast] either, for the same reason. And this seems counter-productive to me.

... So, alternatively, maybe just allow free spells to still count as if we paid for them in regards to Respite/Augur.

Ok, thanks, byeeee!~

Use madurai

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Corvid said:

I think simply displaying its cooldown on the hud would fix 99% of all problems. Right now the only indicator that it's ready is a glowing spark around your frame, which isn't very easy to keep track of.

omg

I knew i had that spark you speak of but i never knew  it was related to inner might. ty

Edited by KIREEK
typo

1 minute ago, KIREEK said:

omg

I knew i had that spark you speak of but i never knew what it was related to inner might. ty

Yeah, it seems to be DE's way of signifying "Free ability available", since Arcane Steadfast gives you them as well.

• Like 1

Honestly speaking... This is kind of a non-issue?

Okay, that sounds dismissive, but let's break it down a little;

• Any frame that can reliably shield gate using single casts is using casts that do not have a Duration that inhibits recast.
  • All of those casts are already optimised by us, the players, with casting speed mods or shards to cut down that casting time.
  • The good abilities offer a form of utility or effect that is useful each time you cast it.
  • The best ones also have some form of invincibility frames on the cast itself, or generate a safety function. Take Saryn's Molt as a great example of that.
  • And finally any Shield Gating user is keeping an eye on their shield for whether their reset has done what it's supposed to do.

With all those points to consider, here's what's important:

Inner Might gives you one free cast that uses no Energy... So if that cast has a function, a desirable utility or effect, has some form of damage mitigation on it, and is intrinsically a fast and repeatable cast...

Just cast it again.

That's how I've been dealing with this. You just cast again, because you notice your Shield isn't back, but you also know you have the Energy. You're not losing anything barring the already-reduced casting time, and you're gaining double the effect of the cast that you're using as your main Gating cast.

To be completely clear, I'm actually finding Inner Might a benefit to my game, even when I'm Gating, because I get the ability I want to cast twice. And even if there isn't anyone to be affected by the cast, it's not a waste because I was going to spend that Energy anyway.

• Like 3

If I were DE, I would probably just adjust the functionality of Inner Might so that it counts as having spent the energy (perhaps by providing the energy for the cast while also draining it, etc).  That would fix the issues for everyone who wants to disable it, and I can't imagine such a change would have OP results.

• Like 1