The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Koumei & The Five Fates - Companion Reworks

[DE]Momaw

What about Hard Engage for Moas? That should really be it's own weapon for MOAs instead of a mod. Being able to have a melee focused Moa which we can mod with melee mods and perhaps even the new conversion mods would definitely be pretty interesting for those who want to roll with a melee focused Moa, but right now we have a melee Moa that scales off of it's gun and it alternates between the two.

As for Hard Engage itself, perhaps it could still be a mod related to the Moa getting upclose and personal? Could definitely be similar to the new Savagery with the whole attacking multiple enemies at once thing or it could be something else entirely?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, tomwork27 said:

13% is way too low even if it "only activated" 13% of the time on average. make it at least 20%-25% please

13% for both resource and credit. There are two other mods with 18% for only one or the other, and they probably are exclusive so you have to pick one of the 3 mods to use. Not sure if this is acceptable for you, but it's what's coming.

I'll also note the post has a very easy to miss note that this is a [Preview] of the changes. However I really feel like they shouldn't have left out some companions being mentioned or other mods. Include everything because these details are.. you know.. VERY important to have. Now many are just left unknowing if for example, the Vasca had any adjustments to its mods at all.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, redindy said:

The new loot mods are going to have the same problem vacuum did, we are just repeating history, give them to all companion

Can we remove the need for a attack mod for sentinels, the new postures solve that problem and allow more control over your companions.

Freeing up a mod slot of sentinels would help with build diversity and would complement the new weapons reworks, IE attacking multiple enemies with the ice bombs vs single target with the deth machine gun etc...

The audacity to ask to free up a mod slot when the effects of charm now will require two mods to get what was one is laughable.

I hope whomever made the decision to split charm because people were standing around waiting in a "fast-paced game about space ninjas," is bitten daily by the irony of making these new mods purchased with tags that are aquired by standing around waiting for the animal to spawn.

Just say you want to make EVERYONE suffer & NOBODY can escape the long & arduous farms you have designed through luck of their pet to help reduce the time doing required missions & activities to progress/obtain items one doesn't possess.

After all one must play the game as we designed it, not to have fun or anything.

It was a trash move to split charm's effects into two mods & pretend you didn't crap on everyone's builds.

The kick while we were down was the smeeta doing crap damage.

I suppose the devs think it's "mission accomplished" by making smeeta the worst pet to use, by far, after their dominance due to resource farm.

Maybe reexamine the amount of resources one needs to farm (torids sentient cores, minerals,  tags, fish parts, etc.); their low drop rates, and the boring ass activities required to obtain these resources that don't belong in "our fast-paced game about space ninjas," since they're just as bad, if not worse than standing around waiting for a buff to proc.

Just make all materials drop from open world enemies & scrap the hunting, mining, and fishing, as they are slow waits without guaranteed reception of the material needed.

When you're justifying eliminating a way to lessen your in-game material farming because one is standing around in a mission playing a "fast-paced game about space ninjas," yet this game has f'ng time gates that amount to standing around for three days?!

Get real...

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

What about Hard Engage for Moas? That should really be it's own weapon for MOAs instead of a mod. Being able to have a melee focused Moa which we can mod with melee mods and perhaps even the new conversion mods would definitely be pretty interesting for those who want to roll with a melee focused Moa, but right now we have a melee Moa that scales off of it's gun and it alternates between the two.

As for Hard Engage itself, perhaps it could still be a mod related to the Moa getting upclose and personal? Could definitely be similar to the new Savagery with the whole attacking multiple enemies at once thing or it could be something else entirely?

Yeah, that would be interesting if they could work that. Like if you equipped that mod, it opened up another equipment slot with the moa kick as a melee weapon.

Hopefully the moa benefits from the "AI improvements" that DE was talking about, too, so that it's not stuck there fumbling and not doing anything against any enemy that does the oh-so-crazy tactic of walking slowly backward.

@[DE]Momaw Do we have any possible word on what happens to Helminth Ferocity that some of us still own. Those of us who got it were allowed to keep it due to mods not being able to be restored from transmutation. It's also one of the main mods I run on Helminth Charger. Will our mod be getting a change or are we just going to be left without being able to use our mod? It's basically Ferocity but for Helminth only. 

Edited by (PSN)Rayzoric-Umbra
Forgot to explain mod.
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, [DE]Momaw said:

Loyal Retriever (Beast companions): Provides a passive 13% chance that each resource or credit pickup will be doubled. This effect is always active: there is no cooldown, no duration, no waiting for it to be ready.

• If you already own a Smeeta then you will receive Loyal Retriever for free automatically. In the future, this will be purchased with Conservation tags from the Earth Conservation vendor.
  • We chose 13% as being the statistical average of what amount of time Charm's resource bonus would be active.

Will this and the alternatives still be active during say, titania's razorwing flight mode, or during Jade's Glory flight mode?

• Like 4

4 hours ago, _Anise_ said:

they said something about the dust settling so I am assuming there could be another balance pass, I wouldn't worry too much, is it worth mentioning that it now always does toxin that won't combine with other elements and will go through shields and slash which ignores armor? its trample mod is going todo aoe toxin, knock enemiesdown and leave goop on the floor that will damage enemies that walk in it?

All of which I understand very well, just leaves a putrid taste in my mouth without a decent Critical or Status Chance increase for it. 

Absolutely vile to decrease its overall damage also so. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, (XBOX)Spencer Priest said:

Will each copy of a (for example) smeeta generated by duplex bond have its own instance of luck? Or does this count as an ability?

clones created by duplex genrally don't have companion mods

24 minutes ago, Halo said:

All of which I understand very well, just leaves a putrid taste in my mouth without a decent Critical or Status Chance increase for it. 

I don't mind slightly lower stats with better damage types specially if charger is pumping out buckets of area damage, my stance is wait and see? it might not be that bad, if it sucks drop a thread about in the koumei feedback thread once its up and you will have my support!👍

• Anabolic Pollination (PHARAOH Predasite):
    • Increased the lifetime of the spore clouds from 6 seconds to 10 seconds, and increased the duration of the damage buff from 10 seconds to 15 seconds.

Could yall increase the spore radius from 2m to maybe 5m? pretty please

23 minutes ago, _Anise_ said:

I don't mind slightly lower stats with better damage types specially if charger is pumping out buckets of area damage, my stance is wait and see? it might not be that bad, if it sucks drop a thread about in the koumei feedback thread once its up and you will have my support!👍

Damn right I will lol. 

Might be one of the few people who actually care for the Chargers. So it'll be the wait-and-see, and if it's atrocious, then away we go!

• Like 2

On 2024-09-27 at 3:37 PM, [DE]Momaw said:

Pacifist Training: Your pet will not attack enemies unless they strike it with a melee weapon first. Useful if you value your pet's supporting features rather than its claws and teeth. Also gives a 50% Evasion bonus to your pet to keep it safe

Do we think the Panzer would still use viral Quills with this stance equipped? 

16 hours ago, DrLego said:

I think the Rework of Charm to split it, and split the affinity and resource buff into separate buffs and separate mods is excellent. However, if your goal was to neutralize unfun player behavior where it used to be we had to wait for charm to give a resource buff to collect resources, while you have succeeded in regards to resources, you have left the affinity bonus in Charm under the former conditions you wished to remove. I'd say it might be warranted to separate the affinity bonus as well, and just leave a status chance + status damage bonus behind in it's place in the Charm mod. Maybe call the affinity focused mod Spike Retriever, and keep it at double instead of triple bonus.

I recall it being mentioned on a devstream that resource costs were calculated to factor in Charm pre-Koumei update. While the change isn't in effect yet, it'll be interesting to know if, after some unknown period of time, if resource cost calculations need to be adjusted for blueprints, lab research, and especially dojo decorations (especially oxium!).

However, it seems one change is indirectly unlisted here from Charm in this dev workshop, the Rare Resource Drop, which I hope isn't removed from Charm and was simply unlisted. That buff has literally saved me a run or two of running Hepit, Void for Argon Crystals. Please let it not be so that I must rely only on a Retriever mod triggering after finding a argon deposit!

KAVATS: New players struggle a lot to obtain Kavat Genetic Code. This is contrary to the Kavat Incubator Upgrade Segment being very quickly obtained from Dojo or from Hyekka Masters. I think this situation can be changed to better accomodate newer players. Instead of ONLY giving them the option to hunt for invisible kavats on Deimos (or special devstream drop alerts), have them also have the option to capture Vasca Kavats for Kavat Genetic Code. This can be influenced not only based on the type of Vasca Kavat captured (and can work with the lore of Vasca Kavats' genes being changed in more advanced stages), but the amount dropped can also be influenced by the quality of the capture. You may want to adjust the rate and amount dropped from feral kavats on Deimos to reward the more challenging hunt better. Vulpaphylas shouldn't drop any Kavat Genetic Code though since they're practically a whole different sub species.

This rewards newer players for engaging in conservation, encourages practice at it, and offers newer players more companion options after Howl of the Kubrow. Speaking of which, you may also want to introduce wild Kubrows to hunt in Cetus as well during the daytime, maybe also they can give eggs at some percentage chance for each capture. This helps Cetus conservation feel more full when compared to Fortuna and Necralisk Conservation. Would require more floofs though!

Actually, an even better execution: Have Master Teasonai sell weekly Kubrow Egg and X amount of kavat genetic code for tags or standing for newer players.

Edited by DrLego
  • Like 4

En 27/9/2024 a las 21:37, [DE]Momaw dijo:

Vulklok:

• Previously: Slow, high damage, high accuracy sniper rifle (Damage 85, Status 25%, Fire Rate 0.15, Magazine 10/Reload 2, Critical 35%/2.5x)
  • Now: Increased damage and gained Punchthrough  (Damage 175, Status 25%, Fire Rate 0.15, Magazine 10/Reload 2,Critical 35%/2.5x, Punchthrough 1.5M)

TLDR: Make it hitscan, increase fire rate PLEASE and preferably also increase damage and/or critical damage a bit more.

The problems with vulklok were:

• It fires once a year, or a leap year if it also has to reload.
  • Despite being a long range, highly precise sniper it is prone to missing moving targets past a certain range due to it not being hitscan.
    This made little to no sense already since very few (3) snipers in the game have travel time in the first place (and they're more than twice as fast as vulklok), and those are aimed by humans, who unlike sentinels can lead shots if necessary.

Not only are both issues still a thing, but the changes made to other weapons also overshadow the ones made to vulklok.

• Let's compare it to the new vulcax, which now has:
    • Close to double the average damage per shot. (267 vs 650 unmodded, 1002 vs 1850 with both citical delay and vital sense)
    • Faster rate of fire.
      • One shot every 6.6 seconds, or 8.6 seconds if it has to reload vs one shot every 4 seconds with both weapons unmodded.
      • One shot every 3.5 seconds, or 5.5 seconds if it has to reload with vile acceleration vs one shot every 3.3 (or 2.9) seconds with (primed) fast hands
        For this do keep in mind critical deceleration is likely to be also equipped, negatively affecting vulklok more than vulcax. (0.4 extra seconds per shot vs 0.25)
    • Better reliability, since it was already hitscan and its accuracy got improved.
    • An AoE? it had one with terrible damage but extra status are extra status, I don't know if it's keeping it tho. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • More punchthrough, which probably also means the AoE is gone, but still.
    • No apparent downsides.

• Vulklok got its damage doubled and that's it, while other weapons got:
    • Cryotra, Multron, Tazicor: completely reworked.
    • Burst laser: at least doubled damage, very improved crits.
    • Deth machine rifle: almost tripled damage.
    • Laser rifle: better dps, better crits, reloads waaay less often.
    • Helstrum: 6x damage, when it already had great utility.
    • Stinger: 4x status and forced toxin and fire rate apparenlty improved by 0.03 (wow)
    • Sweeper: 4.5x damage, doubled status, doubled crits.
    • Previously mentioned Vulcax: 2m punchthrough, HALVED reload and damage increased by MORE THAN 14 TIMES?¿?¿?.

What I'm getting at is vulklok looks very underwhelming and overshadowerd by options with better damage, range, utility or a combination of them, so I suggest:

• Make it hitscan, seriously please.
  • Increase critical damage to 3x to solidify it as the critical focused sentinel weapon, and/or (preferably and) increase damage to compete with vulcax.
    200 dmg with a 3x, or 250 with a 2.5x sounds good perhaps maybe possibly?
  • Increase fire rate to at least 0.30, so it can shoot every 2 seconds with vile acceleration and critical delay (4s on reload).
  • Could also reduce reload to 1 - 1.5 seconds?

With those changes it would be more likely worth using, but as it looks right now it is very outclassed, also please make it hitscan :)

Edit: Yes I know its quite a long rant for a single weapon but hey I like snipers and I would like to be able to give one to my sentinel and have it reliably kill a small group of targets in less than what it takes a snail to run a marathon. also make vectis incarnon k ty.

Edited by (NSW)Bizc8
typo and closing note
  • Like 4

On 2024-09-27 at 9:37 PM, [DE]Momaw said:

Crescent Charge (CRESCENT Vulpaphyla):

• Lifts target into the air, and throws that target at another nearby enemy doing damage of 20% of its Max Health plus the Vulpaphyla's weapon damage in a 5 meter radius.
  • Removed the Vulnerability effect since it becomes much harder to capitalize on when the enemy is getting thrown around, and replaced with 5 stacks of Puncture status on affected enemies.

So it probably can throw at 1 single enemy? That would be not great.

Ghost (SHADE Sentinel):

• When you move out of range of enemies, there is now a 3 seconds grace period before the invisibility effect ends. If you move back within range of enemies, invisibility will be sustained.

What's the purpose of this mod? Just going around not detected? Just use frames like Ivara. It's useless mod. The Shade will wait for me to start attacking so it activates Ghost for 0.5 second and it applies 8 second cooldown.

Looter (CARRIER Sentinel):

• Maximum range increased from 12 meters to 22 meters, and the description updated to clarify that it functions as a wave rather than the sentinel shooting each crate individually.

Great, more reason to use 1 Sentinel that I'm using 99.9% of the time. Sadly no information about improving it. Now it won't destroy stuff unless you wait, exactly looking at the stuff.

What about Vacuum mods that has still ~11 meter range?

•  
  • Neutralize (CHESA Kubrow):
    • Instead of disarming a single enemy, it now disarms and staggers in a 10m radius

What about Repo audit?

Neverthless it probably has same issue. I kill group of people and Hound disarm 0 enemies and wait (cooldown) 20 seconds. It makes it useless.

Shockwave Actuators (MOAs):

• Reduced cooldown times to 25/20/15/10 seconds based on rank.

I guess that's not big change as rank 3 & 4 are very close to current version.

We know Smeeta is very popular so it's important we explain why this change is happening. There are two reasons.

One: In a game with so much variety, we never want a specific choice of equipment to dominate our community. For some players, collecting loot is the most important part of any mission so anything that contributes to giving you MORE loot is so important that no alternatives can compete. Our intent is that opening the resource boosting part of Charm to all Beasts will increase your freedom in pet selection.

How about people that use Carrier? This game is about getting loot. I don't want to:

- have to destroy everything or use AoE to destroy it

- walk to each loot (3 meters vacum without mod).

Not to mention there is Carrier's Ammo conversion & increase ammo capacity (Ammo case). If I have no ammo & restores (e.g. Ammo restore) then I just forced not to use weapons (only melee). It may be not necessary all the time but it's good to have. So I don't want to change every weapon (ammo conversion exilus mod) or check every time I have good setup. I JUST USE CARRIER. Problem solved.

• Like 2