The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Koumei & The five fates the best warframe update in history ?

Waeleto

5 hours ago, Prof-Dante said:

I'm really Happy and excited.

A luck based frame, and a one that can utilize Decrees were up there of my list of Warframe ideas, and I get both in one.

I really have to wonder what her Subsume Power is, my hopes is that it's Omikuji but Kumihimo is okay too, why do I want it to be either two?. Well I want to test one of the powers on Dante and Higasa, I want to see if it will be stronger then the Book. 

4 hours ago, Joylesstuna said:

What new content is there though? A new warframe and some quality of life?

New Warframe, free Caliban, Updates to several Warframe Kits, Companion Rework, new Galvanized Mods for Melee, new Warframe Augments, New Incarnons, a new game mode (granted it's a new Defense mode so I'm wary) with a new Infested type, and a demo for 1999. So it looks like there's going to be a decent amount of content coming next week.

Edited by TeaHands

30 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

I really have to wonder what her Subsume Power is, my hopes is that it's Omikuji but Kumihimo is okay too, why do I want it to be either two?. Well I want to test one of the powers on Dante and Higasa, I want to see if it will be stronger then the Book. 

it will never be fourth so that's for sure.

so we have the option of 1 which is her signature dice roll.
two which is her decree, and three the defensive ability.

if we go the lame route, DE probably chose the third ability, and nerfed it in the helminth by not having the chance of getting invulnerability.
if we go the interesting route, DE probably chose the first ability, which is very great for Dante.

the last route which is her second is probably the wtf route, because having the ability to get decrees is insane.

Edited by Prof-Dante

8 hours ago, Waeleto said:

This genuinely feels like the best warframe update ever ? like it was a W after W 

Nothing will ever beat DE acknowledging that, yeah, Kahl doesn't have the chops for repeat engagement and then moving his weekly shard elsewhere.  To me, that's always going to be the best update.  Kahl was that bad.

I love the Volt skin and Nova rework came from nowhere it will be super cool now (Caliban is much much better and skin ofc is amazing)

Aoi voice actress -Alpha Takahashi was super confident and awesome 

Gemini transormance skin animation  is begining of something awesome feels good 

''Galvanized mods will be super interesting''

Nyx art we have seen love it 

New : Incarnon weapons  awesome 

DE did Japan right in a wery right respectful way am very proud tnx space mommy.

6 hours ago, T69xRiPx said:

Wait so she is like voruna?

Sort of. Fangs of Raksh will apply any status effect, but Koumei will only apply elemental status effects. Heat/Cold/Toxin/Electric and combined types but not IPS. This is on Koumei's passive, 1, and 4.

Never been beholden to the cat (only ever use in in Kuva farms with friends and a booster) but overall the rework seems interesting, I value my Kubrow for digging things up for me and have never expected combat capability even if she is modded for it

• Balefire Charger is now automatically equipped upon activating Aegis Storm instead of needing to activate it

That's all I've ever wanted it to do

Nova tweaks are nice

the rest i don't really care about

8 hours ago, Joylesstuna said:

While I agree the smeeta nerf is not all doom and gloom, losing the 2+ minute double booster does suck considering you could pick up 2 se drops with guaranteed double amounts. Don't get me wrong, it shouldn't stack but I'm not sure the way it was handled was best.

I'm really pleased with how they addressed this. Anything with a timer encourages hoarding drops and waiting for the buff window. This new layout just encourages you to play and naturally get a consistent bonus to resources, credits, or both depending on your choices. The Affinity buff keeps the ability relevant for power-farming Affinity.

• Like 2

No. DE bent the knee to people complaining how other people play their game (Slam Wukong), perpetuating the culture of players policing how other players enjoy their game. Koumei looks pretty boring, the Caliban rework is disappointing and they added pet weapons so you have to spend more money on forma and mods...

Also forgot to mention the re-skinned defence mission to get Koumei along with the ever expanding new resources that will be left to rot once the weapons are unlocked along side all the other billions of resources left in storage.

Edited by _Eclips3_

There are some very nice things in this update for sure, but we've already had a massively nice QoL update this year that also did alot for the game. I'm really looking for some new content to occupy me a bit, more so than more reworks alone. So I hope the new defense mode is fun and somewhat different. Caliban looks very interesting with the rework and I hope he can play well as a frame with heavy focus on a summoning playstyle. 

The Nova changes makes it feel like Pablo does read the forums or has someone read the forums for him, since many of the changes are things that have just been brought up in general discussion, like the tap/hold for Molecular Prime instead of it relying on positive/negative strength. I hope the Nyx and Trinity reworks will be just as interesting when they come with 1999.

Despite it's initial launch and subsequent time to fix... for me, nothing has beaten "Rising Tide" as an update. (Purely subjective) I'm looking forward to Komei though.

But, didn't they say it was an invasion type event in Cetus? Doesn't that mean it's time limited like the Ghoul Purge? Dunno, we'll see when it rolls out.

11 hours ago, Voltage said:

This reads like you have no idea how this behaves in practice in a region dominated by this frame choice. It's even worse than the height of Synoid Simulor Mirage or any other Western meta we've been using over here. Sure, you can cancel slams with other means, but the Cloudwalker slam spam was really annoying for the players that aren't glued to speed nukes like I am with Nova. Not everyone is playing something like Titania where you can pull ahead of someone who's good at that (or likely Macroing).

How are so many people overlooking the fact Smeeta will give a slightly more consistent 3x Affinity bonus? Like, I read so many complaints about Forma and XP farming, and this change splits up what was good about Smeeta, buffs the original Kavat overall, removes the stacking garbage that created massive disparities in squad rewards, and gives players much more opportunity to prioritize the kind of loot buffs they want while still preserving value in taking Charm itself. If you see this as a nerf solely because you can't wait and pray for a x16 booster stack in your camp survival or speed-nuke Arbitration, you should just go play idle games like Cookie Clicker for your dopamine stimulation.

and its giving an 18% chance at all times to double loot to prevent people just sitting around

6 minutes ago, PrideB4TheFall said:

Despite it's initial launch and subsequent time to fix... for me, nothing has beaten "Rising Tide" as an update. (Purely subjective) I'm looking forward to Komei though.

But, didn't they say it was an invasion type event in Cetus? Doesn't that mean it's time limited like the Ghoul Purge? Dunno, we'll see when it rolls out.

might be a new tier of bounties like they did for the sentient ones, or a change completely to them