Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

13.9.0 + 13.9.0.1: The Venka

[DE]Rebecca

Infested Drones have been removed from Defense missions. This is primarily due to issues with navigation and the flow of wave gameplay. We are working on improving their ability to navigate these levels for future inclusion.
Tweaked the position of Emblems so as to ensure they don't clip into shoulder armor.
Fixed (for real) Infested Drones appearing on Defense Missions until Nav Improvements are made.

YES..
YESSSS!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS INFESTED IS FUN AGAIN.

THANK GOD!

Infested Drones have been removed from Defense missions. This is primarily due to issues with navigation and the flow of wave gameplay. We are working on improving their ability to navigate these levels for future inclusion.

Tweaked the position of Emblems so as to ensure they don't clip into shoulder armor.

Fixed (for real) Infested Drones appearing on Defense Missions until Nav Improvements are made.

YES..

YESSSS!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS INFESTED IS FUN AGAIN.

THANK GOD!

sorry to rain on your fire. but as soon as they figure out the nav. problem they'll bring them right back one shoting everything again.

Don't have to be so mean, besides the drones were so funny they farted on everyone and killed everyone made me laugh! Was good fun, but made ODD Unrunable some Dark sectors like the one that had an old school Infested XIni

( Mars dark sector defense ) was easy to kill the drones because it was an open map with lots of high place camping zones. Hope you fix the drones they will be missed at-least by me :D.

They fixed Volt's shield stacking...:(

Sigh I wrote out a really long post including a good chunk of detailed math to illustrate my point. Not sure what shortcut for my browser I managed to hit, but it went 'back' a page and it is all gone. Here is the Too Long Don't want to rewrite TL;DR (there will also be a TL;DR at the bottom)

I had been letting my Volt collect dust for quite awhile. I found him boring and uninteresting and the wonky @$$ niche tool of rushers, but then I took the time to really look at the mechanics of his abilities, and found something interesting. Something that the masses weren't doing. Something fun! Something I could hone into a polished diamond with some creative application. I had just pulled Volt out of the retirement home, and now I feel like shelving him all over again. The developer Bungie has an interesting idea they use: '30 seconds of fun'  This means was the last 30 seconds fun, and will the next 30 seconds be fun as well? It deals with the idea of engagement. You had a '30 seconds of fun' and you broke it, and this makes me disappointed. 

There were a few instances where this could be used in an abusive way, but otherwise it was a really creative utility that could only be taken advantage of if you specifically specced for it and had the mods to support it, which resulted in almost all of Volts offensive powers being weaker, and required the whole energy bar. It required investment to be really good.

Granted using the Amprex I calculated a 3,096,576 highest theoretical with 7 shields up. That is a little ridiculous, but requires a perfect situation and a perfect spec, with a lot of damage mitigation factored out.  I while running an ODD got my highest crit of 400k with 7 shields and an imperfect spec for my Amprex as I was in the process of reformaing it. it was rank 17 with two formas. The math was done based on my gearing and an average damage of 80 (my damage is something like  64.2 and 16.7 or the like) and a 5.6x maximum base critical multiplier.

I get why you did it, and I can respect you for your decision, even if I think it was a 'oh S#&$' knee jerk response and can't agree with it.

IF instead of removing the stacking you had changed the numbers to keeping the additive base damage bonus of 50%, but change the crit multiplier to add in an additive fashion versus multiplicative, say a 50% increase in critical damage per shield, not a multiplicative x2 per shield, then it could have remained in place as a creative and unique mechanic, that rewarded the player for using your utilities in a creative way. It would have been powerful if used well, but not overpowered. It would have been creating a sort of Railgun. That is cool, what you did was not. 

I mean I could always go and use an overpowered weapon that doesn't require investment, or the compound application of mechanics to be interesting....like the Soma, Boltor Prime, Ogris, Penta, or Angstrum. 

I was just about to try some testing to see if I could come up with a new way to tackle T4D as there is already very little variation on the theme when it comes to doing those. I was sure I had an interesting alternative.... Oh well.

TL;DR You didn't fix a broken mechanic, you broke a creative mechanic, instead of correcting it into a great mechanic.

I have monetarily invested into this game, obviously I am a founder, and I don't regret that, and I still greatly respect what you guys have done/will do, but this kind of action is not why I respect you, nor why I had chose to invest. This just makes me disappointed.

Sincerely,

A dedicated, saddened fan,

Sir The Proper

Edited by SirProper

Something 'bout those Prosecutor is bugged. I was running Def Missions on Ceres to get Delta Beacons. 2 out of 3 Times i wasn't able to Kill Proescutors. 

Weapon of Choice was Dragon Nikana, Slashproc was also there.

Is it just me? Want to clarify this.

Thanks DE, more clan tech = more reason for keeping the labs up and running :)

Perhaps after a period of clan tech BP's coming out (say when a certain number of researches have been completed) they could be said to have reached a high enough market saturation to make them available in the market?  I don't imagine this would take too long unless every new clan tech project required something like Argon crystal, which mostly seems to drop when I have no need of it.  But it might stop the "There's too much/not enough Clan Tech" flood of posts at every tenno reinforcements release.

When you issued the new Stance mod to the Grineer Powerfists, did you perchance also give them all a day off to play with it, I've run missions in Ceres, Saturn, Uranus, and so far have seen 3 or 4 Powerfists, total. This is less than encouraging since I'm guessing the drop rate for a rare mod is less than 25%...

13.8.1 Unlisted change: Enemies now have basic awareness on contact or sound of invisible units, and will investigate last known position of this sound/contact.  There are a number of threads bringing up issues/discussions with this that are being read and relayed, thank you for posting!

In the end, it's easiest if you add the function for enemies to "see" invisible units if they are in melee range/touching them. If you move fast that's no problem - but if you are careless, an infested just might bite into your... basically you won't enjoy sitting for a while.

The mod is most likely a 1% drop... Ive farmed for about 12 hours now. Im tired of this crap and its really making me regret actually buying anything from DE... Gleaming Talon was the wost experience I had with any game and this mod is giving me those flashbacks...

DE, can you PLEASE do something about these idiotic choices? Maybe actaully farm for the mod in the Dev build before releasing just to see what people will go though? People want to USE Venka right now and since its pretty much required to have a Stance on every weapon, we cant use it properly. Im not spending 12-20 hours a day for the next two months like I did farming for Gleaming Talon, farming endlessly with no signs of progress isn fun. If you want to DRAW new players, you need to add fun content, not mind numbing tasks like farming.

Hmm.

We have Warframes that can control fire, and ice, and control the minds of our enemies, there are Warframes who can fly on currents of air and spawn tornados, there are Warframes who can coat themselves in metal shells...

And now we've got wrist claws.

Yeah, someone at DE needs to put the

into the log-in screen.

You can stop this though DE, by giving me a Warframe that's either a Rodent or some sort of Tortoise. I'd even settle for getting to beat up a talking brain. You know what, I should head down to the Warframe Concept forum, fix this issue myself.