Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lex Prime And Marelok

blade00000009

So we know the 2 best sniper pistols in the game are the Lex prime and Marelok, but this is not about nerfing the marelok or anything. This is about buffing the lex prime. The marelok vs the lex prime most or almost all of you will say the marelok is better but think about this which one is easier to get? The marelok really. Lex priem has parts in t4 void missions while the marelok you only need 10 detonite ampule's which is rare but easy to get when doing invasions. The marelok does 159 damage while the lex prime does almost half the damage of the marelok at 85. What Is your thoughts on boosting the lex prime's crit chance/crit damage instead of nerfing the marelok? This thread is on fire. Someone by the name of Arabaxus in the thread made a poll vote!: http://strawpoll.me/2579031/r.

I would like to touch some things up before you start commenting on prime vs clan tech weapon. All provided my the same person the made the poll Arabaxus! 

1. Because Lex Prime is a Prime Component. Seeing that Prime weapons are arguably the most rare weapons compared to clan-tech weapons, they should at least be on-par. It's a fundamental rule of basically any MMO, the rarer weapons are generally stronger. In this case I do not even request stronger, I request them to be on par.

TL;DR for this little part on rarity, rare things = powerful 

RESULTS: 3pm Eastern daylight time US: 9/17/2014 International 17/9/2014 

aKd8Z8A.png

Edited by blade00000009

Guest Tehnoobshow

The Marelok doesn't need a damage nerf, it needs an accuracy nerf. It should not, under any circumstance be a sniper pistol. It should only be effective in shotgun range, as an alternative to the Brakk.

So we know the 2 best sniper pistols in the game are the Lex prime and Marelok, but this is not about nerfing the marelok or anything. This is about buffing the lex prime. The marelok vs the lex prime most or almost all of you will say the marelok is better but think about this which one is easier to get? The marelok really. Lex priem has parts in t4 void missions while the marelok you only need 10 detonite ampule's which is rare but easy to get when doing invasions. The marelok does 159 damage while the lex prime does almost half the damage of the marelok at 85. What Is your thoughts on boosting the lex prime's crit chance/crit damage instead of nerfing the marelok? 

I love the idea of my Lex getting a buff... She is just dusting away in my arsenal... 

So we know the 2 best sniper pistols in the game are the Lex prime and Marelok, but this is not about nerfing the marelok or anything. This is about buffing the lex prime. The marelok vs the lex prime most or almost all of you will say the marelok is better but think about this which one is easier to get? The marelok really. Lex priem has parts in t4 void missions while the marelok you only need 10 detonite ampule's which is rare but easy to get when doing invasions. The marelok does 159 damage while the lex prime does almost half the damage of the marelok at 85. What Is your thoughts on boosting the lex prime's crit chance/crit damage instead of nerfing the marelok? 

The Seer isnt bad at all :x

The Marelok doesn't need a damage nerf, it needs an accuracy nerf. It should not, under any circumstance be a sniper pistol. It should only be effective in shotgun range, as an alternative to the Brakk.

Im conflicted with this thought

Main reason is this thing beating the grinlok

Guest Tehnoobshow

The Seer isnt bad at all :x

Im conflicted with this thought

Main reason is this thing beating the grinlok

The Grinlok needs a serious buff as well, the Sybaris completely power creeped it to oblivion.

did you even read it?

I assumed that you were talking about damage nerfs. If the Marelok is no longer a sniper pistol, then you have nothing to worry about, right? Oh, and the Lex Prime is meh because they're saving the good stats for the Aklex prime. Edited by Tehnoobshow

The Grinlok needs a serious buff as well, the Sybaris completely power creeped it to oblivion.

I want to agree but the Grinlok is really solid compared to the latron and far behind latron prime/wraith (I dont know about sybaris. Hated it. ranked it then tossed)

Grinlok wraith? Would be a better option

Edited by Azawarau

I want to agree but the Grinlok is really solid compared to the latron and far behind latron prime/wraith (I dont know about sybaris. Hated it. ranked it then tossed)

Grinlok wraith? Would be a better option

The Sybaris is definitively better than the Grinlok, though that says more about the Grinlok's damage than the Sybaris. The Sybaris is fun, but isn't insanely powerful either, and the fact that it beats the Grinlok so badly means there's really something wrong with the Grinlok itself.

It makes little sense that a pistol version of a lever-action rifle is generally superior to the rifle. Regarding tweaks to the Lex Prime, I think a boost to the critical chance would be a very good start. I'm thinking 30%, maybe a bit more, as the pistol crit mods don't do much. The Akmagnus make an effective crit weapon with 25%, though of course their fire rate is far higher.

The Sybaris is definitively better than the Grinlok, though that says more about the Grinlok's damage than the Sybaris. The Sybaris is fun, but isn't insanely powerful either, and the fact that it beats the Grinlok so badly means there's really something wrong with the Grinlok itself.

I really have no issue with the Sybaris being better honestly

As  long as G wraith shows its stuff

I quite love my lex prime to the point where its the only secondary I use. However I don't think the Lex Prime needs a buff, rather the Marelok needs a nerf, not to the damage, but to the accuracy, I mean come on its a cut down version of the grinlok, its accuracy should suffer a hell lot more. 

Eh, it's fine. Accuracy is around 11-ish. Akvastos have similar accuracy but better dps. As do any number of primaries. To anybody who spends aiming, there's a hugely noticeable difference in precision between 20 and 10 accuracy. It definitely feels fiddly.

It's mainly the ammo efficiency and status where Marelok shines.

Isnt the real issue here that the marelok simply outdoes most secondaries?

If anything itd need a nerf or wed have a line of buffs starting with the next weapon behind lex

While we're at it we should nerf the Brakk, Despair, Kunai and every other good weapon so we can make Lato feel viable in game.

Isnt the real issue here that the marelok simply outdoes most secondaries?

If anything itd need a nerf or wed have a line of buffs starting with the next weapon behind lex

AKBolto and AKVasto actually outDPS Marelok, and they are shop weapons for MR0. With a Hornet Strike, Barrel Dif., Lethal Torrent, Ice Storm, Heated Charge, Convolusion, Pathogen Round, and Pistol Pestilence build, Marelok rounds off at about 12k DPS, AKVasto at over 13k, and AKBolto around 15.5k.

The problem here is how Grinlok is basically worse even though it is supposed to be the primary version of Marelok and how Lex Prime, a Prime weapon, is out-shined by a Clan-tech weapon.

If anything buff Lex Prime in Crit and Puncture Damage and Grinlok so it isn't just a bad Marelok.

Edited by Arabaxus

I have made threads for DE to put up Lex Prime in the glory position she deserves (i.e. best sniper pistol) precisely because it's harder to get than Marelok. And it was envisioned as the pocket sniper by the devs since the original Lex was introduced into the game. 

A high critical chance and damage (30% or more and 2x) along with a nerf to Marelok's accuracy is one very good way to do it. 

Discussions about accuracy are headscratchers for me. When i first got Marelok, my aim was terrible, i was missing enemies 10 feet away. It seemed like a crappy way to compensate for the high damage. After a few missions, i got used to it and now i can snipe enemies across the stage.

What does this tell us? Can players intuitively compensate for bad accuracy? If we lower the Marelok's accuracy, wont I just get used to it again and we'll be back to square one? When will it stop, when the accuracy reaches 0?

And yes i know op isnt asking for acc nerf, its just food for thought

Edited by DarkTails

Get good before you try to nerf weapons

Your statement is nonsensical.  A "good" player doesnt need ridiculous weapons to kill things enmasse, where a bad one would.  Hence, a bad player would be fighting to keep the ridiculous weapons the same, and a "good" one would either leave it alone or call it a crutch..

As I have used neither, Lex Prime or Marelok at this point I have no input on this subject.