Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So De Will "review" Viver.

fatpig84

That would be terrible.

Terrible ?

This will drive people to a rampage.

It took Trinity and Mag multiple fixes to be some what endgame worthy while remaining balanced (old pull and immortal blessing ain't balanced). Excalibur is just in his first wave of fixes and limbo ? Not even a full month and people are still developing ideas on how to use him.

So I hope DE don't "fix" the frames because of 1 oversight.

Edited by fatpig84

I will never understand why, in a game completely centered around grinding, DE would ever think to nerf the prime grinding spot. I've seen the arguments for nerfing Viver, and all of them can be restated as "You're gaining XP/Rep faster than I think you should be able to, therefore it is stupid and should be nerfed". 

As for your suggestion, I think that would make it too difficult for the solo players.

I agree. And who will be the victims of the nerf ?

Some ppl that I spoken with have already maxed 2 syndicates, and are half-way to 3rd. Before wednesday nerf they will for sure have 3rd syndicate maxed. And the rest of us will have to grind for months to maxed them ;/

Wednesday Update: "We've determined the problem concerning Viver is indeed, Trinity. Nerfing now." 

Players abandon Trinity and keep spamming Energy Restores. Everything can be bypassed if basic design is bad.

I also sense that frame nerfing is inbound.

I also sense that frame nerfing is inbound.

That's one of the potential solutions. Maybe not the nicest one, but a potential one nonetheless.

I sense that if it does happen it will be heavily complained about, despite being beneficial in the long run.

I read it differently.

The reddit recap says different. 

http://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/2jtkyb/livestream_39_recap_and_discussion/

And so does the official page

https://warframe.com/news/devstream-39-overview

It's all being interpreted differently. The original idea was void parts for void parts. On the dev stream Sheldon says: "he lets you grind down your prime parts into a currency that you can buy, his specific gear from." People aren't sure if Sheldon was talking about Darvo or the void trader coming around once a month, and most people have interpreted "his specific gear" into meaning he doesn't just deal in void parts.

So it's kind of mixed reports so far but the original idea a few dev streams before this was void parts for void parts.

Skip to 34:46

Edited by Postal_pat

Wednesday Update: "We've determined the problem concerning Viver is indeed, Trinity. Nerfing now." 

We have a winner.

=====

The 'problems' with Viver:

High level. -> More exp.

Corpus. -> All your shields are belong to Mag.

Small map. -> *Fistpump* *Corpus explode*

Interception -> *Lots of Corpus explode*

Any of these variables can be changed, and Viver is no longer such an amazing place.

Of course, the Viver-Fever is due to the absurd Reputation costs vs. reputation gain on anything else.

But hey, easier to just cap exp/minute and call it a day.

On a more constructive note, although this deserves its own thread:

- 'People' complain about Warframe being too easy.

- Warframe is far from easy when playing "level"-appropriate content.

- There is absolutely no built-in incentive to use anything but your very best loadouts.

This is a bad combination.

Solution:

* Start with a broad-strokes normalization of mod Conclave ratings.

* Set level-to-rating ranges.

* Add a 'exp gain modifier' based on the difference between the player's CR and the area's/creature's level.

* Tweak specific mods' CR as needed.

Viola.

Gaining Rep (and the exp it's derived from) is now tweakable, as well as encouraging 'underdressing'.

This won't affect mechanical advantages (i.e. Mag > Corpus)... but isn't that what their point is?

Also, and - again - I won't go into this since it deserves its own thread:

Exp derives purely from kill-counts.

Give us some (at least semi-worthwhile) alternative, any alternative to just killing things, and the picture might suddenly look different.

The problem with prime farming spot in a game like this is that it makes everything feels like a handicap.

They either nerf Viver or give us different reasons to farm different missions. 

I gained so much XP on Viver, that i feel like im cheating myself by playing anywhere else.

The problem is not Viver, its Interceptions. 

Viver just happens to be a high level Interception with close tower objectives.

^ the problem is not interceptions

before syndicate....interceptions were boring and terrible time grinding missions.....now viver, eris has made interceptions a mission purely based on the teamwork of warframes and their collective abilities

interceptions are working exactly fine the way they are and there is nothing wrong with their mechanic

The problem is the rep system and yet the solution players have found is being reviewed?

tumblr_mcbic3K3EF1rrpsd7.gif

this. the fact that people prefer to use this dull method, which is about as fun as working at a construction line, to actually just playing the game speaks for itself. i did it a couple of times to level up mastery fodder quickly along the way, but i can't be arsed to go there for standing alone, those augment mods will come soon enough and they're not all that essential anyway...

that being said: radial javelin hit scanning through walls doesn't make sense and is probably a bit much...

Then Excal becomes the only frame that has 2 skills affected by LOS.

At least Mag only has pull affectted, while the SP and Crush are not.

If you want to make aoes LOS, better do it for ALL aoes.

Including radial disarm.

Edited by fatpig84

What is the problem with You people and intercept and general nerf this, buff that? Is anyone or anything preventing You from playing it as well? Oh... right... its a bit harder and people dont like hard, they like easy. So for us who do like hard or can bear it should be nerfed. Or i dont have required frame or friends. Well, You have a problem if You lack friends to play with. You have a problem not being able to get a frame or again, get friends to help You get a frame. Its totally up to You. No nerf or buff will ever help You out with your own issues that are non-game related but are real life related.

Basic problems with You guys at this point regarding viver:

Specific frames needed.

No!

3 of Your friends can take up the role that are essential for the farm and You can tag along.

Problem with You is, You s**k at befriending people so no 3 friends to fill in the roles (well... become a better person or stick to YouTube trolling). Or. I s**k at playing nobody wants to invite me (learn the damn game or move on). Or. I want to do stuff, not watch (Get better, You cant be best everytime and sometimes the small support role makes the difference in a game. Learn team play FFS.).

You want to be important. You want it all with no effort and since there is no Give all and God mode in this game, You want it easy or You want it hard for everyone. The all time favorite, i dont have time enough. Again, how will a nerf help?

We who actually can manage real life and gaming and money and time are being attacked on a regular basis. When will it stop? We work our a*s off with grinding and WE get attacked for doing so. WE get attacked for Paying the DEVs to keep this game alive. WE get attacked for any problem. Yes, PLZ nerf viver so we can grind even harder, and do make the ones that wanted the nerf get 1000x more xp than we do so they for once are happy with themselves. Do take away all our xp that we worked so hard on getting on viver. Because, we dont deserve it for investing time and money in this game. We are always the bad guys.

And do tell how can someone exploit a map by using frames team play and abilities efficiently and to its maximum potential?

And You guys are the ones who cry for lack of time or patience or what ever. Why dont you guys ask for a buff on other maps?
Ill say what many want to but dont. You are probablly the ones who maxed already and want now to make others stop in their tracks so You can present some kind of achievement and success and uniqueness.

Im not nearly as done but wont waste anymore of mine and Your time.

He will probably be another transmutation. Give 4 Bo Prime Handles to get T1 Capture key. Or something like that.

I have to agree on that... :/

DE usually makes the solution to grind, more RNG.

Or buy your way through with Plat if you can't stand the RNGated grind for a more deterministic outcome, like is the case with Kubrows now. Because it is pretty much impossible to get fur patterns/colors or anything you like without investing Plat.

I know some people that had so much bad luck with Kubrow breeding that they had more than 15 kubrows over the course of the past months and still haven't seen some of the Kubrow types yet they need for Mastery Rank or because they want to have that specific Kubrow type.

We have come pretty far along the road since last year. ^^

At least I wouldn't be surprised if the Prime trader ends up being a slot machine that only talks Platinum for a serious outcome which basically means... back to the trade channel.

Edited by MeduSalem