Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unwanted Speed Boosts From Volt

DaddySlimer

As a pretty fast moving warframe player I have no problem going fast through missions when it is called for, until a helpful Volt puts on Speed and perhaps a Zephyr passes me with Slipstream activated.

Then I become unable to aim and bounce off walls like a pinball. I end up going even faster just to stay out of range of these buffs. 

Please give us the option to either not get buffed by this in the options or perhaps the forward roll opt-out as implemented for Limbos Banish.

I would be even happier to see the buff become individual like it was earlier in beta.

Agreed. A way to opt out of Volts speed buff would be really nice.
Since I main Loke, and have Rush equipped on my most used build, I'm running plenty fast as it is. Suddenly getting speed buffed by Volt usually results in me just flying off in the direction I was moving. usually out over a ledge, or otherwise somewhere I didn't intent to go.

Gotta go fast xD? *Cough* sorry, ahem I just found it funny when you "bounce off walls like a pinball".

From my experience thats not how game mechanics work. You either "bounce off walls like a pinball" by performing the action your self or simply nothing happens. Only things that volts speed ability affects is your movement speed and your melee attack speed, thus I am not sure how that could prevent you from aiming or not wall running/jumping if you choose it.

Wait. you lose your aim and you bounce of walls when speed is on?

what are you useing to play warframe?, a keyboard or an roller?

Gotta go fast xD? *Cough* sorry, ahem I just found it funny when you "bounce off walls like a pinball".

From my experience thats not how game mechanics work. You either "bounce off walls like a pinball" by performing the action your self or simply nothing happens. Only things that volts speed ability affects is your movement speed and your melee attack speed, thus I am not sure how that could prevent you from aiming or not wall running/jumping if you choose it.

I think OP meant that while speeded up by volt he cannot handle movement of his character because suddenyl it become TOO fast - happens to me as well and it mostly ends up "bouncing off" the walls although its not literaly like i run into ball ond bounce off its like I'm runing hit the wall adjuct direction of movement but then again I hit another wall just because my character is moving much faster than I'm use to and same timing that earlier was perfect with boost is just way too slow.

also I also think that he has issues with aiming because he is always on the move and with his regular speed he have already learned how to aim to hit but when sudenly he is moving much faster he also have to be able to adjust aim must faster to compensate for his own movement

The roll to opt out is the single most horrible idea in the entire thread... what about super long sprint-roll-jump-air melee jumps to one up a Zephyr player?

Basically using a common movement action to cancel out a movement buff is like binding the weapon reload button to the fire button when you use any automatic weapon (or any weapon to be honest)...

There could be a separate button to cancel team buffs if you don't like to have it. I like my roll jumps and to lose a nice Banish for it is a bit inconvenient, yet, not being able to lose banish would be even worse and a more common issue. Having a cancel buff button would allow for flexibility with buffs and play styles and not hinder anything.

While I can adjust my playstyle for a sudden speed boost or getting Slipstreamed (when I'm not the one doing it) I can understand that this could be a warmly welcome feature for less flexible tenno.

There should actually be an option to opt out of "player assistance" with maybe a more in-depth menu that would allow you to toggle certain abilities from affecting you. It's not ideal to disable many friendly buff from being put on you, but nobody else should really have control over how you play the game.

As a pretty fast moving warframe player I have no problem going fast through missions when it is called for, until a helpful Volt puts on Speed and perhaps a Zephyr passes me with Slipstream activated.

Then I become unable to aim and bounce off walls like a pinball. I end up going even faster just to stay out of range of these buffs. 

Please give us the option to either not get buffed by this in the options or perhaps the forward roll opt-out as implemented for Limbos Banish.

I would be even happier to see the buff become individual like it was earlier in beta.

Its fiiiiiiiiine, its fine.

Edit: its fine

Edited by Ttariel