Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 15.16.2

[DE]Rebecca

This might be breaking promises, but this is good sign.

If they're able to allocate coders to tasks other than Update 16, then it is clear that development is nearing completion faster than we think.

I've a good feeling about this.

Or, it's the same knee-jerk overreacting to farming that they have done in the past.

And no, you can never polish an update enough. Why would they put something out that isn't perfect you may ask? Because they can't just polish it forever, they have to put it out there sometime. The fact that they put resources into this means that the update will be delayed and/or more buggy that it should have been. Plus they now have to deal with the fallout from the afk system breaking other parts of the game, reading and understanding player feedback, ext ext ext. Right now DE needs to be testing and retesting everything about U16, not wondering how they are going to deal with the AFK system.

This also made the entire player base take a good hard look at some of the major problems with the game. Inconsistent rewards for our efforts. How it's just as viable to farm low level missions for exp and loot compared to the high level ones. How bosses should be rewarding with their drop table. How DE seems to have no idea why people farm like they do, but will try to fix it anyway and break something else in the process because they were far too hasty with their "fix."

Edited by Lowsodium

When can we expect the Dex weapon and all these things you are hyping us?

I believe U16 will come first based on the Hype site being up, estimating that will be out (hopefully since I know it can be delayed) latest 20th (since the hype site came out Friday)  but hopefully on the 18th, with next prime access possibly coming 24th (always one week between end of one and beginning of another), then anniversary 25th March-1st April.

(That is just what I believe is the order, DE has confirmed nothing). 

Edited by NovusNova

When can we expect the Dex weapon and all these things you are hyping us?

It was confirmed during Prime Time that the Dex Furis and Dex Dakra would be coming back March 25-April 1, along with the Proto-Excal and Proto-Glaive skins.

As for the other stuff, u16 is likely only a week away, so we got that going for us c:

I don't really understand what stopping the energy gain of an AFK person is supposed to accomplish? Maybe I'm just not seeing it but I mean.. an AFK person is not going to need energy or benefit from energy anyways, being AFK and all, so a penalty to energy gain for being AFK just seems kind of pointless and ineffective? Is it supposed to be like a punishment for being AFK? Is it supposed to deter people from going AFK during missions? If so, I don't really see how taking energy away is able to accomplish that? Someone explain it to me!

Play a trinity in a T4 defense and you will see that there is big problems, because you didn't kill, you just spam Energy Vampire to support your teammates to help them kill everything. But suddenly you stop gain energy because of this screwed up system and can't do more energy vampire thus no more energy even for your teammates. gg

I'm... not sure how you can manage to not kill anything, even as Trinity focusing on Energy Vampire. I don't think this is an actual problem. Like .. I would have to make an active effort  NOT to kill something in order to not kill something, even while being a EV spam tool.

The only way to "prevent" the abuse of macros(There are legit ones, especially rapid-fire macros for mouse f.ex. when using weapons that don't have full-auto feature.) would be to have a tracking script, that would take random, let's say 3 second segments of button presses over the course of the first 3-5 minutes of a mission and then it have compare those segments fulltime to every action sequence taking place for the next 3-5 minutes and if it detects repetition of more than 1 segment, it would kick that person out of the game without any warning, instantly.(Note: It wouldn't wait for the "tracking" timer to end before the kick, the kick would take place as soon as any segment repetition would be noticed. This process would also repeat itself for the full duration of the mission, so it wouldn't lose any of its effectiveness. The downside is that this kind of a script could be fairly heavy to run, depending on its execution.) The script should also ignore any and all LMB presses/repetitions as aimbots are pretty much non-existant and no "effective farming" techniques rely on weapons fire. To further prevent the misuse of this exception, you could make the LMB button completely unreconfigurable in the game settings, so that it can only, ever, be used for channeling/firing a weapon. This would also make the weapon firing macros for non-auto weapons safe to use, whilst still detecting all of the ability spam, which is what all of the "efficient/afk farming" bots/macros are using.

This wouldn't prevent the use of macros for legit users or for users that use some generic macros to afk quickly for, let's say a bathroom break on a long t4 survival/defense mission, but it would hamper the use of the generic/easy-to-use macros/toggle macros/repeat macros for afking extended periods of time, such as what was done at E Gate. 

On another subject; This would, still leave the fully non-functional afking script still in place though, which should be fully removed from the game and redesigned from scratch, as a priorty #1 hotfix to the game though. It really is so utterly broken, it doesn't prevent any level of macro use from anyone who knows anything about macros, but it absolutely destroys most of the currently used/valid/common tactics for high level play in the game.

Edit: Typos and a little clarification.

This won't stop macro farmers as they simply need to find the mission and record an entire run once.. then play it back over and over again from the point they enter the desired room using references to initiate their macro.  the whole idea of stopping the macro farmers by finding a script that can outsmart their own scripts is completely absurd if you ask me.

We won't stop players from finding ways to macro farm the game, only ruin the experience for every other human player genuinely enjoying the game.  If you want to stop macro farmers, STOP  GIVING  THEM  A  REASON  TO  USE  MACROS!!!!

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/417582-anti-afk-is-targeting-a-symptom-and-not-the-cause-of-the-problem/

The above topic discusses this further

Yes E-gate needed a nerf, but not all excavations did making them boring and awkward to play. And this (for lack of better words) completely stupid afk system is really getting out of hand and penalizing people who really aren't afk and are just playing in the late game (the only end game we have currently) and are unable to move around enough for you guys to be okay with it. Seems as though you guys just keep ruining a great game with every update

I've been playing over a year and logging in most days but since this last patch I've not logged in this week. I lost a centaur blade in archwing everyone else in game received. I've been looking for literally months off and on, and when it drops, I didn't get. I was playing Izktal, where you cloak and stay in one place shooting.

I sent in support ticket but other than automated response, nothing. This bug is more important than U16 by orders of magnitude. Once you start losing players, tough to get them back.

The only item I'm missing, I have no way to obtain since they also remomed archwing trading. I'm so frustrated and burnt out. 100% due to this bug which was put in place intentionally to punish players using the tools available let to them.

Still no fix for: Just found a new bug today. I was playing with a random low tier pug on Sedna, Kappa. He/she was struggling to get trough that one segment where you have to wallrun or jump from platform to platform and he kept failing at it. So just as I was going to show him/her how it can be passed, he/she left the game. Now at the time that player left the game, I was wall running and carrying the datamass to get it to the objective in that Mobile Defense mission.

I spawned outside the map, died and re-spawned. Except that the datamass I was carrying was nowhere to be found and the game kept registering as if I was still carrying it. Fast forward I got to the objective and I could not start it because I did not have that datamass in the match anymore. Thus I was forced to quit the mission completely.

This is Horrible it stops giving energy after 60 seconds and touching the wsad keys dosent do any thing you have to go for a jog around in a circle, this is driving me nuts i have to keep moving all the time have a god dam 60 second clock ticking away in the back of my head when i just want to stand in one spot and empty clip after clip into he endless spawn of guys coming at me in survival mode and then when i need to use a ability i have no energy and panic because my panic key dosent work.

Is this just a way to constantly have me use energy boosters so i need endless supply of boosters.

What kind of game punishes you for standing your ground this is total balls up devs Spoil Spoil Spoil a game till its rotten.

Edited by WarHeroman

Dear DE,

On one hand, your playerbase is horrible. It's full of whiny exploiters who like to break the game then cry when you fix your game.

On the other hand, it is just a game, but it's also a business. Do whatever makes you more money. If letting the brats masturbate to how little time they spend pressing buttons makes you more money, then let them. Check the accounts of everyone whining about the changes, do they buy Prime Access packs? Are they regular plat buyers?

If they don't make you money, ban them or whatever for being parasites that won't let the game improve.

You are the epitome of what's wrong with this game

He's half-right though, there are real complaints yes, like how it seems there are issues with the AFK registry... but then there is an overwhelming mass of nitpicks and minor issues that should not be prioritized above others but because they are so prevalent they do. So yeah, the playerbase does share some guilt. I don't agree with "whatever makes money" though, as enjoyment is part of what makes money.

Me, I understand that this is F2P, and there is a company aspect of it. I also understand that people seem not to understand what "pay2win" actually implies and are getting way too paranoid. Warframe will likely always be Play2Win, Unless you think a scarf increases your battle performance..

But as I said, I see how the AFK feature needs to account for activity, not just movement. Shooting weapons, moving mouse to aim, and using abilities should be accounted for.

Edited by MartinVole

Honestly, both the extremes are equally destructive and counterproductive. Need more middle-grounders who balance between the two aspects and understand the equilibrium point.

I'm with this guy.

:3

Edited by Rawrjay

Keep talking, cuck. You keep getting more cancerous with every post

I'm having a good time making fun of the stuff you guys get mad about lol. If anyone is cancerous around here it's you guys, halting progress and innovation with your silly complaints.

When Tails is in charge, all problems will be fixed quickly and without regret, a utopia for sane and reasonable players. Vote Tails for prez!

*flexes sinewy lady muscles*