Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 16.3: The New Protocols

DE_Adam

Stupid change.

All lasers going up taught people to shoot the cameras.

All you did with this is create more reasons to ignore cameras.

Might as well just get rid of them.

I agree.

The DC is a cosmetic thing. We have absolutely no say in anything. We get to vote between some versions but that is it.

I guess Limbo is the new Trinity, every new semi big update I see a nerf for him. I also noticed that more frames are getting the ability to give overshields to the team while Mag the supposed "shield queen" is still in the corner crying.

You have to be kidding. The Manic, already being close to unbeatable at high levels with full invulnerability frame, will also regen HP? He's not even a miniboss. He doesn't need to be horridly buff, so much that he can even go through Valkyr's Hysteria and kill her. He cannot be taken down by regular damage, because he has only a pool of total vulnerability during the frames through which he appears, and there is a quantity of damage you can cause him. Through this buff, you're only endorsing the ussage of single shot and/or end-game weapons.

I repeat. This is not a miniboss. You should not buff him so much as to make a full party in a raid much rather choose to ignore him than have to deal with it. I think it's ridiculous. Extremely so.

Thanks.

Chroma has a health buff. Kubrow has Link Health. Kubrow maximum health points go up but current health does not go up with buff. 

If the logic for why Limbo can't hack in the rift is that he cannot interact with material things, then he should also fall through the floor and into space or the core of the planet (see-sawing around the core until he gives up and suicides).  Or better yet, maybe gravity doesn't even affect him anymore and he just flies off on whatever vector he had when rift was activated.  Oh and he doesn't bring air with him into the rift so he should be losing shields and health like in vacuum.

And even from a purely "closing a hole in a game mechanic" perspective, invisible frames are effectively invincible while hacking unless you make the mistake of going invis at the terminal with an npc already shooting at you.  I have never been killed while hacking invis.

So let's just admit that this whole Limbo thing was a big mistake and remove him until a suitable alternative that doesn't circumvent every game mechanic can be concocted.

If the logic for why Limbo can't hack in the rift is that he cannot interact with material things, then he should also fall through the floor and into space or the core of the planet (see-sawing around the core until he gives up and suicides).  Or better yet, maybe gravity doesn't even affect him anymore and he just flies off on whatever vector he had when rift was activated.  Oh and he doesn't bring air with him into the rift so he should be losing shields and health like in vacuum.

And even from a purely "closing a hole in a game mechanic" perspective, invisible frames are effectively invincible while hacking unless you make the mistake of going invis at the terminal with an npc already shooting at you.  I have never been killed while hacking invis.

So let's just admit that this whole Limbo thing was a big mistake and remove him until a suitable alternative that doesn't circumvent every game mechanic can be concocted.

Fully agreed.

As I already stated : Limbo can now even prevent completion of a mission where hacking is involved by using cataclysm or rifting the player who is hacking... even while they're doing it.

The remedy is way worse than the illness. Please remove it asap while you think of a sensible alternative

Edited by lukaself

• Hackable consoles can no longer be used by Limbo while in the Rift.

I haven't touched Limbo in a while and I'm not planning to use him regularly in the near future, just want to comment on this. It would be great to have some explanation for this change, because it was a nice feature of his Riftwalk.

If this was done to better define what should and shouldn't be possible while in the Rift, then I hope you're doubling down on that and remove other unlogical interactions as well. For example, shouldn't power carriers in excavations drop their cell when banished? What about being able to open lockers? Also, shouldn't me banishing enemies immediately stop them when they try to sound an alarm?

If it was done to prevent some specific scenarios in raids or the new spy vaults, then I'm not really sure what to make of this. In my opinion, invisibility was already superior to riftwalking before the change and it'll only help to marginalise this Warframe even further.

By the way, I've just tested it and I was able to reset a Corpus alarm while in the Rift. I couldn't hack a spy data vault, though.

Also, can anybody please test if it only affects Limbo himself? If this is used in PUGs against other people who are hacking a spy console (or after a lockdown, if the above is a bug), then I imagine there will soon be a few threads with people venting again about troll Limbos.

Edit: looks like others had the same idea while I was typing this up and testing it ingame.

Edited by Kontrollo

Not a fan of pvp changes to keeping teams together. Randoms pugs should always be versus randoms. Team play should always be versus teams.

At least add a check box to allow a random to join versus teams. This is going to create more rage quits as team stomps are real.

They will get host latency advantage, 3rd party team speak advantage, and advantage of numbers since match will start 2v1, 3v1, etc.

Keep teams seperate. Cool idea but worst way to implement it. I'm just going to quit against every team I come up against when I'm running solo until this is fixed.

Amazing.

ETA: Wow, that Limbo nerf. I really hope there's some recognition of the state he's in on Friday if nerfing him with no compensation elsewhere was that much of a priority.

I know I don't believe it, someone up stairs is pretty bitter about the Limbo and I think he needs sacked.

In the time I have spent playing a Limbo, it has been banned from PVP and slandered to death. I like playing the Limbo its a challenging frame and its hard to keep him alive and in combat the rift makes up for that. I also liked playing solo but now, I know I cant play solo because of this .

The Limbo dies to easy, if he uses a panel without rifting he is dead. The Limbo needs the Rift.

I thought the last nerf was harsh and now I think this time its taking the piss to be frank.

Certainly feels personal.

Limbo

Not a fan of pvp changes to keeping teams together. Randoms pugs should always be versus randoms. Team play should always be versus teams.

At least add a check box to allow a random to join versus teams. This is going to create more rage quits as team stomps are real.

They will get host latency advantage, 3rd party team speak advantage, and advantage of numbers since match will start 2v1, 3v1, etc.

Keep teams seperate. Cool idea but worst way to implement it. I'm just going to quit against every team I come up against when I'm running solo until this is fixed.

Agreed.  Is there some statistic somewhere that says that pubstompers are more likely to spend money?  Why do games just blindly cater to their good experience at the expense of lone wolves?  That is a serious question.  Is there hard evidence somewhere that this is a good business decision?

I had been cautiously enjoying Copterclave, but randoms against coordinated teams? Meh. Honestly, how does that sound like a good idea to anybody? That's a deliberate decision to make it worse for pugs and better for groups.

• Squads in PvP will only be shuffled for players who joined a match alone.  Players who joined a queue together will remain together from match to match.

Yay for pub stomping :|

Yes I know we only have pubs, but doing this without any matchmaking changes for squads just means that premade teams are going to be able to go around stomping pugs teams all day long.

Edited by Aggh

DE, thank you for fixing the weapon previews in the Arsenal that weren't showing up on weapons you owned, but there's still a small error-- if you preview a weapon that has a skin applied to it, the skin will not preview and it will show that weapon with it's default skin instead.

On the flipside, I saw your comment about updates to the Kohm's audio and VISUAL. Well, I hear absolutely zero change whatsoever in the audio (which is good because I like the Kohm's audio), but where the hell is the visual update? Nothing changed! I was eagerly hoping that you'd brought back the shower of flaming metal particles, but nope. BRING THE PARTICLE SHOWER BACK. I have a goddamn GTX970-- I can run that S#&$. My computer eats particles like it's pixie-stick sugar. There are graphics settings for a REASON, DE. They are there so that people with lower-end computers can turn down their particles to low, or people like me with great computers can turn them up to high and experience how good it can actually look. Why are you hindering the higher-end PCs just because the lower-end PCs are lower-end?