April 17Th: Community Hot Topics!

[DE]Drew

Community Hot Topics  

2,303 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Regarding Excalibur: I loved the design review that Scott outlined in Devstream 50. The new Slash Dash and 4th power, the 'Skana-Hysteria', sound like a lot of fun in particular. I absolutely agree that Excalibur should be more of a swordsman and I think the proposed design would be an excellent way to accomplish that. I eagerly await its implementation :)

Weapon crafting: I'm fine with weapons requiring other weapons to craft ocasionally. I wouldn't want to see it become a more widespread practice though; I think the majority of weapons should be craftable independantly. I do like it when it makes sense though. The Tiberon looks and handles like a burst-fire Latron, so using a Latron to craft it makes sense. Some weapons like the Akjagara don't fit that model as well, I think, and the weapon requirements end up feeling like a way to inflate crafting costs instead of providing a logical evolution of the weapon(s) you're sacrificing.

Warframe augments/Augment slots: I do think at this juncture a warframe augment slot is practically necessary. Most warframes have at least one really nice augment that I'd probably use in most circumstances, but it can be difficult to find space for an augment in a lot of the builds I use. In most cases I'd be giving up a mod I consider vital- if not essential- to my build's performance. For example, my Ember needs so many mods to keep her power's performance up and to compensate for max efficiency, that I absolutely cannot slot an augment currently. Which is a shame because Fireball Frenzy would dramatically improve the value of my Ember in a group, and the new WoF augment would provide a nice survivability buffer. Ideally I'd be using both in practically all missions, but I can't even use one atm. The straightforward solution- and the one that I prefer- would be to add an augment slot. Alternatively, the augment mods need to be critically revised and culled, so that most of them would be rolled into their respective power's base functionality. That's not as fun though, because I do like the augment mods and the element of customization they provide, and I like having multiple to choose from for each frame. I just don't like not being able to practically use them as much as I'd like.

Prime Forma: I'd like this if it was a Forma that didn't reset my equipment's rank. A lot of the alternatives I've read about would be of substantially less value to me.

Edited by SnazzyWolf

My opinion from the beginning on prime weapons is that they should include the non primed version of them and be an upgrade. This eliminates the duplicate weapon in your inventory that you'll never use again. I think the same for primed frames. 

These are the only recipes IMO that should include other frames/ weapons. 

~~~~~~~~~~

Do you like the idea of Excalibur getting an ability-activated weapon (ie, an energy Skana)?

Maybe (post explanation below).

You're talking about things like, Valk's claws and Mesa's guns right?

If it's just a sword the shoots energy ways, it shouldn't really be an Ult,

since Radial Javelin hits everything within x meters.

~~~~~~~~~~

In your opinion, should weapons be included as crafting requirements for other weapons?

Yes, but only some weapons.

They need to make sense.

And they'd most definitely need to be better then the weapon you're making it out of.

The Mitter is way better then Panzera, or whatever that thing is called,

and is supper annoying to farm.

~~~~~~~~~~

How frequently do you use Augment Mods?

Never.

I have a few, but haven't used any.

They just aren't worth using a mod slot.

Now, if you brought back ten mod slots for Warframes I'd always have at lees one on.

But as long as there are only 8, more important mods will be taking the slots.

~~~~~~~~~~

In your opinion, is a Super/Prime Forma a good idea?

Yes.

Anything to reduce the amount of time it takes to grind would be great.

Grinding is boring, and that's all this game is now-a-days.

~~~~~~~~~~

In your opinion, does Warframe’s chat need a rework?

Yes, chat needs some work.

I liked how it use to snap to the sides of your screen and stay in place.

You could put it where you want, and it was rarely in the way.

But the newer one is always in the way when it's up,

and even in the way when it's down.

The colored words will overlap a decent part of the screen,

regardless of where you put it.

I think the chat screen should be made to snap into the bottom right corner of the screen,

and be more vertical then horizontal and colaps into the right side instead of the bottom.

With buttons on the left side to change the chat window type and the top button being the opener/closer.

That way it will be neatly tucked away and easy to use.

~~~~~~~~~~

cant use 90% of the augments, cant make room, cant justify the loss of an existing mod. you guys REALLY need to give us at least one augment slot, doesn't have to give points like an aura, should still cost points. just need it to not take up room in the build.

Do you like the idea of Excalibur getting an ability-activated weapon (ie, an energy Skana)?

Maybe, it really depends how its going to work overall. Is it going to be similar to valkyr's hysteria? If it is, then the damage should be similar too, because if it was any lower then that special excal ability would be useless on higher level missions, the damage will drop too fast.

In your opinion, should weapons be included as crafting requirements for other weapons?

Yes, but only some weapons. The only weapons that should follow this crafting system are weapons like the dragon nikana, weapons that require a original weapon to craft, to upgrade to a better version of the original 

Sometimes. Only because the augment mods mess up builds sometimes, maybe I'd use augment mods all the time if they had their own slots... 

In your opinion, is a Super/Prime Forma a good idea?

Yes. Simply because it sounds like an interesting idea, why not give it a shot, see how it works out. 

In your opinion, does Warframe’s chat need a rework? 

No, chat is fine the way it is. Looks fine to me.

Edited by (XB1)LexaHex488

For weapons that require other weapons, that weapon has to be a clear direct upgrade or an improvement to a basic weapon, something like the Tiberon to the Latron or the Dragon Nikana to the Nikana. Nowadays, we just see more weapons requiring other weapons to build in order to pad out build time. This should not be the case.

At first, when the Tiberon was released, I was excited at the prospect of weapons like the Braton, the Burston, the Strun and other starting rifles getting upgrades like this. The Tiberon was the right way to do weapons requiring other weapons to build.

Excalibur change - I'm all for excalibur getting an energy sword in his new ability. But maybe not the skana.

Weapons in crafting - The Tiberon and Bolto are good examples of weapons used in crafting. IE the new weapon needs to be an upgrade of sort compared to the old weapon. This is good because it makes new use of otherwise fodder weapons, and allows you weapons to progress to the next level. Bad examples are the weapons that use multiple weapons and only share minor visual or mechanic similarities.

Augment mods - I got my first one today, but the main problem is that what you lose for what you gain is often too high. Which is why myself and a lot of others would prefer there to be a couple of augment slots. Maybe just 2. It still affects conclave rating so it wouldn't make you overpowered.

Super forma - Super/Prime forma could be good if it does one of these things: adds multiple polarities or to a slot, or allows you to polarise multiple slots at once. I wouldn't be interested in a forma that only stops you from resetting your level to zero.

Warframe chat - Definitely needs a rework, would be good to choose what tabs are open at all times (IE customising the tabs shown, I don't always need alliance chat, and I only open trading and recruiting to do just that). And have the ability to keep talking in region/trading/recruiting while in game.

Excalibur

This has the potential to be awesome I just feel it should be a mix of blade storm and hysteria meaning fast paced hits but controlled by the player just shooting out plasma with a sword swing won't cut it if I have a bad as energy sword I want to actually use itso maybe like a AOE(blade storm) with teleport to enemies in the area but no auto pilot so instead done like hysteria you go into super mode but you choose where to attack.

Weapons

I have played for over a year and having to recraft weapons was a pain but I like the concept so maybe make it that even if you HAD the weapon it counts otherwise we would lose a lot of slots hoarding unnecessary stuff.

Augments

I love this idea maybe also allowed to put them in normal slots cause I hate to destroy a build just to put a augment in but sometimes they are totally worth it.

Super forma

I really really like this bit ideas are very appealing either don't reset rank or do 2 polarities and hell why not both :) that would be amazing

Chat

I feel it needs some work but have no ideas :(

As per the talk about augment slot. I think that it would be a large benefit to most builds. Looking at what we have now, a large chunk of the player base who have been playing for a long time will have pretty set builds and may not want to sacrifice a mod to put in an augment. On a frame like Loki irradiating disarm would be acceptable and possibly on eternal war on valkyr. The reason I'd be inclined to trade off mods to put them in a build is because they really add something awesome to the abilities, unfortunately a large amount of augments don't make me want to sacrifice a mod for them ever.

Due to this a slot for 1 augment would be good so that you don't sacrifice anything really to include augments. I think the cost would have to be played with as some people may not be willing to forma their gear more just to fit an augment but if the slot gave a cheap augment (at like half or quarter the drain, possibly even no drain) then they become easier to fit. For builds that contain multiple augments the option could be there to take more in the normal mod slots, but at least we would be saving build space on a single augment.

Excalibur

This has the potential to be awesome I just feel it should be a mix of blade storm and hysteria meaning fast paced hits but controlled by the player just shooting out plasma with a sword swing won't cut it if I have a bad as energy sword I want to actually use itso maybe like a AOE(blade storm) with teleport to enemies in the area but no auto pilot so instead done like hysteria you go into super mode but you choose where to attack.

I like this idea, how I think it could work is if it was duration based and kind of hovered enemies within range like mag's crush does. While an enemy is hovering they are vulnerable to attack so you could aim at them and press to melee but it would teleport you and do a finisher.

When the duration ends or all enemies in the aoe are dead then the sword would be put away.

Edited by (PS4)Matsypie

Augment Slot

The augment slot is an idea that has been suggested many times since the Augment Mods were initially announced.The suggestion is typically that an additional slot be added to make Augment Mods easier to include in warfame builds. Do you use Augments frequently enough to benefit from an Augment Slot? Do you think an Augment Slot is a good idea?

The vote question and options for Augment mod slots are misleading and don't help convey the players opinion!

Yes I would like an Augment slot, I 'Sometimes' use augments because there isn't space for it.

Edited by -Narauko-

2. Using once crafted weapons to make other makes sense only if the new version is useful. We already have few dozens of weapons that are weak even if they look cool and/or  are fun to use, but it's only when you play Terminus on Mercury, because for the real job you take some serious stuff that has actual effect in top tier missions/ on high lvl mobs.

3. Augment slot(s) - yes, but only if there will be a quest(s) to get it (them), like in Diablo2 when you kill Nihlatlak to get access to sockets. Would be really cool to face really hard boss or bossess (if we talk about more than 1 socket), so achieving it would make it worth, not only another raid that is mystery for 1st time and after is a sad routine.

4. Super/ Prime Forma - sad idea. Next step is making super duper hyper forma that not only makes 10 polarities but also levels a weapon till 30 vl when offline.

5. Chat - would be really cool if other tabs were accessible when playing missions, not only squad/ clan/ alliance.

Excalibur:

He does not need some energy stick, he needs a real sword: Galatine.

Weapon as crafting requirements:

This is normal, but the Dual Raza is too much. 72 hours of research + 24 hours building 2 Kama + 12 hours more for Dual Kamas and + 12 HOURS more for Dual Raza = 120 hours of waiting, it's stupid.

Augment slot:

Once upon a time we had 10 slots for mods, ie, we chose one skill-mod and 9 mods for improvement it. Then there was a nerf, and the number of slots cut to 8. Then came the augments. And now we have the following: 1 skill-aug-mod and 7 mods for improvement it. Adding slot with a small orientation is bad the way. After that there will be slots only for strength, survival, and so and so....

We need more space for mods, return to us at least 10 slot, as it was.

Weapons as crafting material:

Don't have a problem with this conceptually, but, the weapons you create absolutely must be an upgrade. Consuming a Miter to make a Panthera was a bad deal, and it's really debatable whether the Aksomati measure up to the Akstilleto. Considering how much time it takes for most players to make these, and the fact that they have implicit costs in inventory space as well, weapons that build up into new weapons should have reliably have a sense of improvement or "second generation"-ness.  (logical extension: the best weapons to use as a base for this system are weapons that nobody uses because they don't perform well)

Augment slots:

I only use a couple of augments, because in order to justify being on my warframe build, the augment must be at least as good as something I might use instead, like Handspring or some Quick Thinking. Having a dedicated slot just for an augment means that augments would no longer be competing against anything except other augments. As time goes on and we get more and more augments, especially multiples for the same ability as is rumored to be the case, it's going to become more and more absurd that we have to give up so much to use even a single one.

Super forma:

I don't see the necessity. Sure using a whole bunch of forma on a weapon is somewhat time consuming, but everything worthwhile should or else there's no sense of accomplishment.

Edited by Momaw

The issue of Augment Slots:

Most Augments are simply not worth taking up 1/8 of the slots on your Warframe, especially since they seem to be balanced to require other ability mods to make the most of them.

Having one Augment slot raises another issue; it would encourage minmaxing, which is one of the banes of this game, and leads to things like Viver and the subsequent nerfs.

Having two Augment slots might be a little overpowered, for now at least, and would completely change the dynamic of which frames are 'top tier' or not.

My suggestion is two introduce two Augment slots, with a few other things at the same time to really encourage diversity in modding. First, introduce a pool of mods which can be added to the Augment slots, which increase strength/range/duration/efficiency for one ability only, with them being uncommon rarity Augments, purchasable at rank 3 in a Syndicate, in the order of +15% or +20% at max rank or so. This would slightly increase the power level of things, but make running current Augments a choice. I would also encourage having the two Augment slots being a longterm change, with only one being enabled for all frames until there are 6-8 Augments available per frame, more than one per ability.

Don't use augments a lot because most of them are completely useless

to merit the loss of an entire slot the augments need to be actually useful

the most recent example of this being vauban's augment which would be great if it didn't actually lower the duration of vortex ;(

I agree with a few others that meta weapon requirements should result in a weapon appreciably more powerful than the ones used to make it. Akjagaras made from Akboltos would've worked if they were basically super Latos. I mean, you go from: 

-Ak/ Lato, which is an easy-to-use but low DPS weapon, good for beginners

to

-Ak/ Bolto, a more advanced weapon that trades usability for power and versatility. Same general capacity and firerate, but much higher damage and ragdoll effect trading for flight time on the bolts. This weapon encourages mid-tier players to develop skills that they will need for high level play. 

to

-Akjagara, A super Aklato, or at least it should be. You get good damage, but the recoil and inaccuracy aren't becoming of the Lato family. They don't shine with an advanced crit or status build or anything that would make them suitable for high-level play, require a mod setup that only a high-level player would reliably have. Their enhanced multishot capabilities could make for some interesting builds to take advantage of other statistics on the weapon, but right now it doesn't have those other statistics to rely on. It's a boring feeling weapon despite it having a neat mechanic, and it doesn't feel like the end of an evolving tier like it should. I believe a lot of people are going back to their (Telos) Akboltos.

If your goal is to make every weapon viable, then it's on the road to success. If your goal is to create a sense of tiering and progression, I think it needs some work. 

Maybe Forma Prime could add an augment slot.

For chat, the main thing I want to see is for whispers to stop lighting up my clan channel. Also, the ability to lock the chat pane's dimensions and position would be nice.

I don't mind the Frankenstein weapons, though I might change my mind if they start eating Prime variants. All the weapons so far have been fairly easy to remake if I don't have them on-hand. If there's going to be Prime Frankenstein weapons, they really better blow my socks off to be worth the price.

Excalibur-

While I like the idea of a frame-specific weapon, I'm afraid It may end up like Hysteria. I don't like the idea of being forced into melee for so long, even if I'm invulnerable, which is why I use it only to heal. I suggest to make powes with such mechanics toggable.

Augments-

I don't really have an opinion about a specific slots for them. Honestly I'm more concerned about a complete rework for some of them. I feel this point deserves a whole topic in the feedback section for itself, so I'll just to name some of them. They are augments that I belive should be simply included in their corrispective powers (Explosive legerdemain,Piercing Roar, Swing Line, etc). At such state, I think I'll never us them, even if they have a specific slot. Since we are at it, a complete rework of Pool of Life is in order <.<

Forma-

Primed formas?

I heard two versions of them, and I'm not really interested in a forma that add a polarity without rank reset. However, I like the Idea of a forma that add a polarity over another polarity.

Having a slot specifically for augments doesn't mean you can't ALSO use it in your regular slots. If it were limited to a single augment at a time, I would rage hard.

That said, if there were a slot designed to allow one augment free of mod drain cost, yeah, that'd be pretty super, too.