Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The 'tenno Are Energy' Theory Is Busted

(XBOX)Grihaly

So, the warframes themselves ARE the Zaruman kids? Then they had these "Tenno" trained to pilot them? I thought the Tenno inside were the ones who had all the power. The suits were simply used to channel that power more effectively/efficiently.

The dead passengers became warframes and then were hybridized with infested biology in order to allow more robust remote control. Those are the primes, and they are the pinnacle of power. The reason the normal. variants tend to be lackluster when compared to them is because they are biological replicas, not mutilated children.

Since when is profit not a good use?

I didn't say profit is bad, I said corpus are selfish, The Perrin Sequence are an example of corpus gone right, and they are still after profit.

The dead passengers became warframes and then were hybridized with infested biology in order to allow more robust remote control. Those are the primes, and they are the pinnacle of power. The reason the normal. variants tend to be lackluster when compared to them is because they are biological replicas, not mutilated children.

Drawing a parallel from Odonata Prime codex entry, where it mentions Odonata Prime is a enhanced version of Odonata to reach theoretical limits, I would say regular models were first and the prime came later, just improvements on warframes and not so in transference. Dead by channeling void power is disintegration and goes with the account of not finding survivors but the children in the Zariman.

And, what mutilated children?

• Like 1

Aren't the Tenno hostages in Rescue mission appear human? I think Tenno are human (and I'm pretty sure). It's warframes that have questions. Many in-game descriptions hint that warframes have consciousness, they even have feelings (like Valkyr). But indeed they are some sort of power suit or excoskeleton suit, evidenced by how we made them.

Aren't the Tenno hostages in Rescue mission appear human? I think Tenno are human (and I'm pretty sure). It's warframes that have questions. Many in-game descriptions hint that warframes have consciousness, they even have feelings (like Valkyr). But indeed they are some sort of power suit or excoskeleton suit, evidenced by how we made them.

You should play The Second Dream.

Well I suppose so. Still in Natah quest.

In that case, please don't take this the wrong way: Back slowly away from this forum, especially any threads marked

, until you've played the Second Dream.

Trust me bro. You'll understand. I'm not telling you to get lost, I'm advising you of weapons grade spoilers kicking around in here. Second Dream is THAT BIG of a game changer.

• Like 1

None of the people you see in the relays, syndicate missions or rescue mission are Tenno, they are just normal humans. 

Edited by SilentMobius

I'm under the belief that the Warframes are just the metallic exterior suits filled with infested flesh that was exposed to the void, maybe with a sort of.. tank? for energy somewhere admist that flesh and somewhere in there some type of device that the Somatic link connects to, that allows our operator to remotely control the body and flesh as if it was our own

I'm under the belief that the Warframes are just the metallic exterior suits filled with infested flesh that was exposed to the void, maybe with a sort of.. tank? for energy somewhere admist that flesh and somewhere in there some type of device that the Somatic link connects to, that allows our operator to remotely control the body and flesh as if it was our own

We'll (maybe) find that out eventually.

My current "what even is a tenno tho" theory:

(NOTE: Lota speculation, but this is how I make it make sense in my head)

-TL;DR at bottom-

Technocyte was the Orokin's first attempt at creating bio-soldiers to fight the sentient.  After backfiring they doubled down on trying to control the virus while also learning about the void.  After some time, they learn how to (almost) completely control the virus (mold it into non-tumorous/cancerous shapes with unique abilities, but still hostile to anything that moves) and begin construction of the first warframes.

They build the first generation of warframes, but had issues controlling them (Rhino codex).  During this time the Zariman incident goes down and the Tenno are recovered.

Eventually the Orokin learn that the Tenno can control the warframes with their minds.  This is a win-win for the Orokin, the Tenno "monsters" have practical use, and the warframes are finally able to be controlled (and possibly enhanced by the Tenno's void energy).

Construction of the 2nd generation of warframes begins, these are the prime warframes.  Built specifically to focus the Tenno power (which by itself is chaotic and unruly), and able to be mass produced so that a Tenno's arsenal could have a variety of warframes to suit (see what I did there) any mission/battle.

Knowing that war is tough and that there will be warframes that get destroyed in battle, the Orokin develop blueprints for warframes that, while being less powerful than it's primed variant, can be constructed with "common" materials found throughout the system.  This allows the Tenno to rebuild lost warframes on the go, or to just expand their arsenal without having to "return to base".  These are the 3rd generation warframes, the non-primed warframes we currently use in the game.

(You cold also look at the Primes as the true Gen-1 and non-primes as Gen-2, with anything prior just being prototypes and experiments)

TL;DR - Warframes be an advanced/more stable form of the Technocyte wrapped in robotics.  Non-prime frames are economy versions that can be built on the go until the Tenno can get a proper prime replacement.

I know there is a lot of stretching and some head-cannon going on, but this is what I currently think.

My current "what even is a tenno tho" theory:

(NOTE: Lota speculation, but this is how I make it make sense in my head)

-TL;DR at bottom-

Technocyte was the Orokin's first attempt at creating bio-soldiers to fight the sentient.  After backfiring they doubled down on trying to control the virus while also learning about the void.  After some time, they learn how to (almost) completely control the virus (mold it into non-tumorous/cancerous shapes with unique abilities, but still hostile to anything that moves) and begin construction of the first warframes.

They build the first generation of warframes, but had issues controlling them (Rhino codex).  During this time the Zariman incident goes down and the Tenno are recovered.

Eventually the Orokin learn that the Tenno can control the warframes with their minds.  This is a win-win for the Orokin, the Tenno "monsters" have practical use, and the warframes are finally able to be controlled (and possibly enhanced by the Tenno's void energy).

Construction of the 2nd generation of warframes begins, these are the prime warframes.  Built specifically to focus the Tenno power (which by itself is chaotic and unruly), and able to be mass produced so that a Tenno's arsenal could have a variety of warframes to suit (see what I did there) any mission/battle.

Knowing that war is tough and that there will be warframes that get destroyed in battle, the Orokin develop blueprints for warframes that, while being less powerful than it's primed variant, can be constructed with "common" materials found throughout the system.  This allows the Tenno to rebuild lost warframes on the go, or to just expand their arsenal without having to "return to base".  These are the 3rd generation warframes, the non-primed warframes we currently use in the game.

(You cold also look at the Primes as the true Gen-1 and non-primes as Gen-2, with anything prior just being prototypes and experiments)

TL;DR - Warframes be an advanced/more stable form of the Technocyte wrapped in robotics.  Non-prime frames are economy versions that can be built on the go until the Tenno can get a proper prime replacement.

I know there is a lot of stretching and some head-cannon going on, but this is what I currently think.

Seems legit. 1+

I have one thing I'd like to throw here.

Transferance allows Operator to control frames and retains control over his own body, that suggests that in theory Operator can multitask. I mean, control multiple bodies at the same time. There is no way we can use it in game ourselves (maybe Specters 2.0 but I dont think it could be used to other things) but it creates opportunity for new NPCs.

As to the lore I think we should as Tenno take control of operations, Lotus monarchy, doesnt matter if its benevolent, is dangerous to whole system we have set up now. One succesful strike at Lotus and we are in chaos. A war council would be more suitable, with Lotus, Teshin and some Tenno in it. This would be a great opportunity to bring new characters, maybe even Tenno Operator NPC. Those that powerfull that they would control squad or even more frames at once. Not a great gameplay implementation possibility but w huge narrative one.

Edited by Xardis

This idea has floated around for a long time, and my only issue with it is that it seems as though Warframes are not immune to the Technocyte virus. Jordas Golem attempts to infect players during The Raid. It doesn't really make much sense for them to be susceptible to the virus if they are the virus.

The warframes are technocyte tech, we have seen that technocyte creatures can absorb mass and increase their power by assimilating other organisms. It stands to reason that during the raid, Verdict J3 Golem is trying to absorb your warframe by breaking the unit apart with J3's own technocyte nanospores. Think of it like your body absorbing invading parasites into itself when the parasite can no longer suppress your immune system reaction to invasion. The body starts breaking down the foreign object for parts if possible and then if too complex starts calcifying and incorporating the mass as patients with tapeworm infections can attest. 

This idea has floated around for a long time, and my only issue with it is that it seems as though Warframes are not immune to the Technocyte virus. Jordas Golem attempts to infect players during The Raid. It doesn't really make much sense for them to be susceptible to the virus if they are the virus.

Oh shoot, you know what, I also just remembered that you fight an infected Mesa in one of the quests.  Perhaps the Technocyte strain used within our warframes is altered enough that the infested strain would be able to "re-infect" the warframe?  Or maybe void energy surpasses the Technocyte's ability to spread (kinda like an antibody or something), and if a a Tenno's link with the warframe is severed, their void energy drops to low enough levels that the infested strain can actually infect it.  (kinda like how AIDS isn't what kills you, its the otherwise harmless infections that aren't being suppressed by your immune system).  

The only loose support for this could be the seemingly controlled Infested Ancients that are all over the void towers.  You'd think that a bunch of infested would have overrun an abandoned ship, but they appear to be under control of the Neural Sentry.  And the Orokin Derelict does not appear to be in the void, it looks like its in normal space.

• Like 1

my understanding of the infested mesa was that it was a chain of control. Alad's collar controlled the frame via the normal somatic link and the infested growths linked the collar and thus the frame to the hivemind.

Ah, after googling "Warframe Infested Mesa", I found that all the infested growths are located on the collar.  Mesa's body appears untouched, so you might be right.

• 4 years later...