Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

July 24Th Void Trader Appearance [Megathread]

-Kryptic

I don't have any of these items so I just want to say thank you to DE. Why can't we all just have a good time and enjoy the game we love. Looks like Baro brought a Primed Entitlement mod this week. Some of you have already maxed it out I see. Maybe next week he will bring Primed Humility.

this made my day

I don't have any of these items so I just want to say thank you to DE. Why can't we all just have a good time and enjoy the game we love. Looks like Baro brought a Primed Entitlement mod this week. Some of you have already maxed it out I see. Maybe next week he will bring Primed Humility.

I don't thinks it's entirely wrong that players are upset with the most recent haul of items from baro, as this is the first situation in which baro has in essence brought decidedly nothing new for players to purchase. Sure to some of the players the prova and machete event variants could be perceived as new but to a field of the playerbase they are decidedly not, so this is the first time they've been dealt an entirely recycled item list from an npc who was advertised as always arriving with at least one new item to his list. Naturally some people might be displeased with this, I mean if we recall all the flames for weeks when baro brought new crappy wares in a stream then what is to be expected when he just decides to bring no new wares for a change. 

I think the "New item" Means an item he has not brought before

A fact that only became apparent to-day.

This 'promise' was made the first time Baro started to rotate in his old items. Rebecca voiced concern that players that already purchased these from him would have nothing new to look forward to. In response to this, Sheldon assured her that he would bring at least one brand-new item each visit, so even people that have purchased everything from him will have something to look forward to.

However, exactly the situation that he was so confident wouldn't happen has happened - Baro has nothing to offer me this time.

*I* am mad now! DE screws *ME* over by doing this, cause that's what they do! Wrong *ME* in a video game by offering these items. Yeah, ok, not everyone was around to do these events for the weapons but *I* was! They are insulting *MY* speed runs i did for one day, *MY* weapons that I never used outside mastery fodder, then complained immediately in the forums how the weapon sucked, along with the fact that no in-game currency, or plat for potato and slot was used for me to acquire the weapon!

But, seriously can't we complain about actual problems in the game. At this point I'm fairly certain everyone will complain about Baro no matter what. Even if he gives you what you want there will still be that little thing that will cause tears.

I don't thinks it's entirely wrong that players are upset with the most recent haul of items from baro, as this is the first situation in which baro has in essence brought decidedly nothing new for players to purchase. Sure to some of the players the prova and machete event variants could be perceived as new but to a field of the playerbase they are decidedly not, so this is the first time they've been dealt an entirely recycled item list from an npc who was advertised as always arriving with at least one new item to his list. Naturally some people might be displeased with this, I mean if we recall all the flames for weeks when baro brought new crappy wares in a stream then what is to be expected when he just decides to bring no new wares for a change.

I can see your point. I think DE is just trying to grow the game and they do not intend to slight the older players in the game. Without those of you who founded this great game we would not be here so I want to thank you for paving the way for the rest of us. For newer players like myself these new weapons add excitement and longevity to the game as we rank them up and discover new favorites. My sincere hope is that Baro will bring something soon that you will enjoy too as we all deserve to have fun playing this awesome game.

Pure lazy. But whatever. I haven't bought anything worthwhile from him in months so same old same old.

I expect they made a conscious choice not to make anything new for the trader because they're busy working on the next update.  

Yeah, it's a pretty miserable offering, but cut them some slack ffs.

They have a large back catalog of items we know they have from leaks and have yet to see them. So update work is moot.

it is indeed awesome. While i have the machette wraith already as i got it from the event, i am happy to see that people who couldnt get it, or joined after that, can get it.

But one thing will always be true though

People always seems to rage when an event item comes back, may it be from the trader or on tactical alrert or whatnot, they will always seem to go crazy about it and post several threads about it. I seen some threads when Strun Wraith was released for the tactical alert, and that pissed off ALOT of people.

Although I agree with you that it is great that event weapons are making a return, the Void trader has NOTHING to do with them.

De can rerelease them via tactical or quest or whatever but not via the voidtrader.

So another kid has the same firetruck toy model as you, but so what? I for one is happy that people who missed out or failed the event can get a new chance.

Calling others kids because they have a different opinion then you is even worse.

Just a reminder: DE officially said that the only exclusive items will be the Founder items and the Closed Beta items, everything else MAY return eventually.

So...Braton Vandal? Would love to get that.  Technically it was a weapon to mark the beginning of open beta, right?  And Imperator Vandal, which required people to run missions nearly every day during the Christmas season...

I'm not sure if people are angry because they already have both weapons and they both suck, or because they're greedy elitist jerkbags.

As someone who joined the game too late to participate in the Gradivus dilema, I respond to both sides identically:

cry_some_more_by_digicaek.png

Pure lazy. But whatever. I haven't bought anything worthwhile from him in months so same old same old.

They have a large back catalog of items we know they have from leaks and have yet to see them. So update work is moot.

"Having" the items in the sense of there being items that have models, animations, etc., is different from actually having them in the live game and working properly, the latter requires work, and the update is obviously the priority.

To call DE "lazy" seems to me to be both ridiculous and arrogant.  They have one of the busiest update and hotfix schedules of any game I know.

Well said.

I honestly don't mean this to sound insulting but I think DE probably has to think of (a portion of) the player base as particularly demanding and spoilt children when they make decisions and act accordingly. They will know that everything they do will be pored over and magnified to ridiculous extremes if it's not 'up to scratch'. Give them a break, they're trying.

Idea #1:

What if the void trader was around 24/7 and rotates his stock every week but the ducat cost for his items would be increased by quite a bit. 

Idea #2:

The void trader offers more items at a time. He could bring in 7 or 8 items. This one has the downside that he'll be having more repeats and DE likely won't be able to keep up with always having new items on him, not that they do now. But it also means that eventually the good items will come back around more quickly (I really want a primed flow and continuity).

Like most things with DE they either under do it or over do it and we're left to scream at them to get it right.

So both of my ideas have their pros and cons but I think they would both be better than what we have now.  I see absolutely no reason why he needs to only be here 2 days every 2 weeks or why he needs to offer such a limited selection of items other than for de purposely limiting how "rare" his items are and it all feels very artificial, just like bloated drop tables and low drop rates.

Edited by f3llyn

Well now I want a snipetron vandal, braton vandal and lato vandal.

Those are the only event weapons I'm missing. :>

You might see the Braton and Snipetron, not the Lato or hell breaks loose, since that was exclusive for us closed beta testers.