Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's The Point Of The Spira?

Omakahn

the point is the aesthetic, which appeals to the chinese market and is being offered to the international market because DE doesnt want to shortchange us. Of course, players who care nothing for how weapons look wouldnt understand that, but the aesthetic is really important here, just like it is for the Ninkondi, which visually fit with these weapons. We will most likely get the crossbow next, btw.

Third?

We have Despair, Hikou, Hikou Prime, Kunai, Kunai Mk1, Castanas and Sancti Castanas.

I believe he was specifically talking about Kunai and Despair, since those are both knives. Probably ignored the mk-1 since those are just tutorial version with lowered stats and the exact same model. Hikou are throwing stars, not knives. And the castanas are a completely different weapon entirely, they just use the same grip and holster positions, comparing them is like comparing Angstrum and Cestra.

Anyway, the model difference between the Spira and the other two is much more significant than between said other two, especially when it comes to size, and the stats are unique among the class as well.

Not every weapon needs to revolutionize the way we fight.

Edited by Tails-san

Third?

We have Despair, Hikou, Hikou Prime, Kunai, Kunai Mk1, Castanas and Sancti Castanas.

Despair, Kunai, Kunai MK1, and possibly the Kunai Prime that came out in China that will soon come here, are the only ones considered as "throwing knives" or "throwing daggers".

The Castanas, and Sancti Castanas, are more like spike traps or caltrops.

The Hikous and Hikou Primes are more considered to be "throwing stars", if anything...

So with the current release of the Spira, it's more like the fourth in the category of "throwing knives" or "throwing daggers". Since Kunai Prime hasn't released to us...yet.

Technically, with Kunai, Despair, Hikou, and Hikou Prime...

Spira is the fifth throwing knife, not the third. The specialty on it is the high crit.

What I want to see is a silent, thrown secondary that does something OTHER than piercing damage.

How about some serrated disks for slash, or a bag of polyhedrons we can hurl for impact damage?

Sure, i mean if we look at thrown melee class : kestrel,glaive,cerata (soon) they all represent all 3 physical damage (impact,slash,puncture) i too, wished that spira is like that,but it turns out another puncture...

I don't know about you guys, but if those red ribbons have cloth physics I don't even care what the stats are.

Also 25% crit with 2.0x crit multiplier. This will most likely be the only throwing weapon that can compare to the Hikou Prime thanks to that crit.

Despair, Kunai, Kunai MK1, and possibly the Kunai Prime that came out in China that will soon come here, are the only ones considered as "throwing knives" or "throwing daggers".

The Castanas, and Sancti Castanas, are more like spike traps or caltrops.

The Hikous and Hikou Primes are more considered to be "throwing stars", if anything...

So with the current release of the Spira, it's more like the fourth in the category of "throwing knives" or "throwing daggers". Since Kunai Prime hasn't released to us...yet.

Now that you mention it, caltrops would be amazing. Call them Icicles. Cold-element throwing weapons that can be attached to surfaces. Upon contact, enemies take a guaranteed cold proc. This would give us (finally) another cold-element weapon and caltrops that slow. =D

Castanas are pretty disappointing as traps since you have to manually detonate them.