Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Polycount's Tennogen Contest Winners

DE_Adam

I really like all the new skins, i just wish i could use the weapon skins on all weapon variants of the same type, example : for the skana skin i could also use it on the dakra, darksword, mios, etc as really the animations are determined by the stance you use. If this happened it would really make me want to buy more of these weapon skins as i really love the claymire skin but i hardly ever use the galatine, if the skin could be used on the war also i think i would spending the pound notes :)

As a reminder these unique skins will be implemented in an upcoming Tenno Reinforcements before the end of December, and will be available for purchase through Warframe's Steam Workshop page.  Congratulations to all of our winners, and a tremendous thank you goes out to every artist that submitted their work. 

For more opportunities to design unique customizations for Warframe please visit our Steam Workshop page here.

So wait, do I need a steam account to have the new skins? Or will they be available on pc in-game shop store anyway without needing a steam account?

Oh look more cool stuff consoles wont get. 

De please sort the real currency issue out first before driving a even bigger wedge between consoles and pc. 

If you continue on this path you risk turning console warframe into console tf2 outdated and pointless. 

Oh man, that game sure will die if it doesn't get a handful of cosmetics.

@(PS4)MakoPriest

"Oh look more cool stuff consoles wont get."

"De please sort the real currency issue out first before driving a bigger wedge between consoles and pc."

"If you continue on this path you risk turning console warframe into console tf2 outdated and pointless."

I think DE would love to get the Tennogen things to the console, but that would mean getting Steam/ Valve, Microsoft and Sony to play nice with each other... and then ok, so they will allow the Tennogen things, but who gets the money?  if its on Xbox, then Microsoft wants the money, if its On Playstation then Sony wants the money... then what about the fact that it is all made and uploaded on Steam(Valve)... do they get any money?  Should they just charge double for the Xbox and Playstation versions so that Steam/ Valve gets their money and the consoles get theres?  I guess no one really wants to do this for free and each want their money, but they know people wont pay double?

So its not DE.. really have to blame the consoles kinda?

*edit*

for some reason I cant do quote..... -.-

Also I don't think the consoles are really outdated, they are like.. maybe 2-3 weeks behind if that?

and the new helmets and weapon looks are just looks, they don't change the gameplay or give special powers and its not like the PC version fights in pvp against the console versions.

But yeah, its not DE, its basically trying to butter up Microsoft and Sony enough to let them allow it... also Valve.

Edited by Tamamo-no-Mae

But you guys get console exclusive cosmetics all the time, do I need to bring these up?

Or these?

I don't think we are allowed to get those ever.. no matter how much we cry or beg, because they are probably some kind of contract thing with Sony and Microsoft to get more people to play on their consoles.

But DE is atleast working to give the Consoles the things that are on the PC, do PC people ask a lot of times for PC exclusive things?  Just curious?

Would love a reason as to why the Orbit Mag helmet DIDN'T win over the Induction ( WHICH LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE NOVA'S ALTERNATIVE SLIPSTREAM HELM? )??  

Also Not sure why the Talos didn't win it for volt???

Quite frankly, I feel I'm entitled to call bull S#&$ on this one.  

But you guys get console exclusive cosmetics all the time, do I need to bring these up?

Or these?

Just throwing this out there but bringing this up is irrelevant to the other players arguments as each platform has gotten skin packs like these. Rubedo and Phased for PC; Prestige for Xbox; with Obsidian for PS4 none of these are outright different than the actual Warframe or weapon it's applied to.

People are just disappointed on the console side because these are actual changes to a Warframe and weapon that gives them a completely new look; to some people cosmetics are everything because they like having the choice to look awesome and give them a sense of individuality. Which in all is actually understandable because the content creators for these Tennogen items are really good and they all look amazing.

I'm perfectly fine waiting on console, if I wanted the helmets badly I'd just start playing PC again, DE said that they're trying to work something out for it and down the line and they will.

Just had to point that out.

Edited by (PS4)Yugureki

Just throwing this out there but bringing this up is irrelevant to the other players arguments as each platform has gotten skin packs like these. Rubedo and Phased for PC; Prestige for Xbox; with Obsidian for PS4 none of these are outright different than the actual Warframe or weapon it's applied to.

People are just disappointed on the console side because these are actual changes to a Warframe and weapon that gives them a completely new look; to some people cosmetics are everything because they like having the choice to look awesome and give them a sense of individuality. Which in all is actually understandable because the content creators for these Tennogen items are really good and they all look amazing.

I'm perfectly fine waiting on console, if I wanted the helmets badly I'd just start playing PC again, DE said that they're trying to work something out for it and down the line and they will.

Just had to point that out.

Yes!

But I think what he was saying is that Consoles get things to, that the PC isn't the only platform getting exclusive things  and that the Tennogen isn't intended to be just PC and that the PC is easier to make because they don't have to deal with Microsoft and Sony.  Microsoft and Sony will want more console exclusives from a business point because they want more people to play their consoles.  PC.. well... a lot of different companies make computers so... bleh.. and steam is just now starting Tennogen stuff so they probably want it to stay kind of exclusive for the PC so that they have more people who will just get Warframe PC and be tempted to buy the things on steam.. unless Sony and Microsoft allow Valve/ Steam on their consoles?

A lot of people just need to wait and relax, and understand that putting on the console just takes more time because they make the game on computers... so its easier to play on a computer.  Then they have to put it on consoles... which are also a computer but different.

Winning Volt submissions:

·         Thales Volt Helm, Arsenal 

·         Arrester Volt Helm, Rekkou_109 

·         Relay Volt Helm, Despicablcheese 

As a reminder these unique skins will be implemented in an upcoming Tenno Reinforcements before the end of December, and will be available for purchase through Warframe's Steam Workshop page.  Congratulations to all of our winners, and a tremendous thank you goes out to every artist that submitted their work. 

For more opportunities to design unique customizations for Warframe please visit our Steam Workshop page here

Wow, really? Talos and Frenzy aren't going to be added? They look phenomenal, these not as much. Relay and Thales almost have the same silhouette too... Surprised people voted on them.

I think Thales deserves a spot on the selection at least, it's a truly unique design. I'm not fond of it (not my style), but it's got quality.

Out of the three, I will agree Thales is the best looking. But Relay feels like a bit of a knock-off from it, and Arrester looks too distanced from the overall design of Volt which is not insectoid.

Edited by Andaeros

Not sure why you needed to choose two Mag helmets from the same person, seeing as there clearly were other good ones. Other than that, good selections for the Warframe alt helmets.

I'm not particularly happy that all three of the weapon skins ended up being Infested-style skins, though.

I was personally rooting for Ferro Mag helm but a close second was Terroidal so I'm pleased. Gratz to the winners.

P.s. Anyone notice that every single winner in the weapons was an infested version of the weapon- rather than something... new...? (Really wanted that "plain" looking galatine skin that was submitted :( maybe some day...)

I mean...it's nice and all.  But I won't be getting them, cause most of the time I get my plat through trading or deals.  The prices on cosmetics otherwise are kind of ridiculous.

It's kind of a shame.  There's FINALLY a good Mag helm out there, now, but...I can't get it.  Actually, now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever had more than 2-3$ in my Steam Wallet in general...

Edited by UFOLoche