The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoilers?] Good Way To Kill Sentients?

Resige

Question

Ok, so i like update 18, except for one thing. @(*()$ sentients. Now im a solo player (not by choice, but by the @(*()$ will of the internet gods who #*($%%@ up my net bout 4 months ago) and these little bastards are the hardest thing to kill ever. i have a better time killing Lich Kril than i do these #@*&$@s. The only reason i got to the moon is to farm neurdoes because they are rare as $&*^s anywhere else. but i have not found a good way to kill these guys. i have tried heaps of builds on multiple weapons. The most efficient i have found is excal, 4x energy plates, soma maxed and using the 5 ability to finish em off. this method is so hit and miss that i usually end up killing one, then @(*()$ off with 3/4s of my health left, and no ammo. so yea, kind of hoping someone has a better way to kill em. Sorry for ranting

I tend to just use Ivara's 4th ability and it kills them in 1 shot most of the time. The thing is that they become resistant to damage types like Slash, Impact and Puncture. If you want to take them out easily be sure to carry different damage type weapons.

I draw my exalted blade, radial blind them, then usually kill them before their resistance adjusts, which will render the exalted blade freaking useless (despite being comprised of VOID energy...)  I don't have power strength mods equipped (I actually play primarily with utility mods on my frame because I don't do endless.)

Right now, the most reliable way to kill them is to have a primary, secondary, AND melee equipped, and for each one to sport two different elements, like for example:

Primary:  Corrosive + Cold

Secondary:  Radiation + Toxin

Melee: Viral + Fire.

Then switch between them as necessary until they freaking die...  

Unfortunately, there are people that think this is clever design or actually challenging game play...  Granted, sentient abilities are actually pretty cool (except maybe the bomb lobber one, since it's Bombard redux -homing,) so their attacks are a step in the right direction... but then they force players to mod their equipment a rather specific way to even fight them. One step forward, one step back.

Now I just keep a generic setup of equipment using elements mentioned above, just in case of Stalker, whom plays by the same ridiculous resistance rules.  DE goes and recognizes that players are kind of feeling forced to pick certain mods (like serration,) then they pretty much reinforced the feeling in requiring a rainbow of elements or 2000 ammo pads.

Edited by Littleman88

Sentients are very vulnerable to rhino stomps, you can use it as a way to keep them under control while you fire whatever weapons you choose to bring.

I prefer to use rhino, sonicor and soma prime/tonkor (all heavely forma'ed) using stomps all the time while shooting my weapons then switching to another when sentient becomes resistant then it dies.

Frost, both his 1 and 4 abilities freeze them for long enough to blow them away with a strong primary like a Sancti Tigris, then follow up with any other weapon you like. I use Mios due to it's speed but I'm sure anything will do the job, they'll have very little health after the shotgun. This way you avoid all their nasty attacks.

-snip-

Just wondering, in your opinion what would actually be clever design/ challenging gameplay for the Sentients? For me I find the Sentients to be an interesting challenge compared to the other enemies that Warframe has, and they definitely shake up your usual Warframe gameplay if you're playing alone...

It takes a certain number of shots for them to adapt, so you want to use the opposite of Nullifier logic and bring weapons that do a lot of damage hit for hit. Snipers, shotguns, heavy melee etc. They have Ferrite Armor too, so being able to cut that with a Corrosive proc or a power is also helpful.

Other than that, build for many elements. Corrosive/Cold, Viral/Electric, Radiation/Toxin would be a good set of three combos if you're doing the Crossfire mission.

Rhino stomp then two tonkor(6 times formaed) to the face usually one shots them. If it doesnt then they usually live with 10% hp which is easily got rid of with melee(I use war with corrosive).

In my experience burst weapons like the tonkor are the best way to kill them, while weapons like soma give them the opportunity to adjust to damage.

honestly, I agree, they are a little too powerful. I like the adapting mechanic but I think DE were a little overzealous upon implementing it. unless you have at least 4 different elements, or some serious raw DPS (Valkyr Hysteria), you're gonna be spending a LONG time trying not to die. worst of all, they can appear in large numbers when with a squad. I think if they were to be kept as they are, they should at least reduce the spawn rate so that we only fight a couple at a time. 3 or more in their current state is just Overkill.

that said, bringing elements is your best bet, as well as some CC. kinda sucks that you have to bring endgame gear to a level 30 Crossfire, but there you go.

Put Gas and Cold damage on you sentinel weapon, because they probably won't be on any of your main weapons!

Hey presto, even if you are running the same 2 elements (say Corrosive & fire) on your own weapons, you will now have at least four different elements hitting them.

They can only adapt to four types of damage, so for example after they adapt to Gas, Cold, Corrosive and Fire, physical damage types will still do damage.

Take a frame with an inbuilt 5th element and it is easier.

I actually now run Gas and Cold on all my sentinel weapons now, no matter what faction, in case Stalker turns up.

sentients are enemys for older players too create some challenging right now we meet very few of this enemys and some ppl are already strugling too kill them imagine when we have a survivel full of thouse guys ?? yea thats what im w8ing for or play smart or die