Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Baro Ki'teer Gone?

Axacution

i was in a Relay last night and i saw the "Trader will surface in 7 days..." message so it looks like he'll still show up (on xbox that is)

Yeah same on PS4. If, if he's gone from pc I fully expect him to complete his console cycle even if he's absent from PC.

As we are 5 visits behind the Devs may take that 10 weeks to revamp him and then sync his releases on all platforms.

#FreeBaro

I loved the salt merchant. The periodical crying was nearly a greater warframe meme than clem. Not only did he regularly give out the most powerful mods, he lets players like me avoid the annoying trade system and turn in unwanted prime parts for cosmetics.

And as a bonus he let me laugh at people who are bad at basic math with the bane mod complaints.

Please unchain the baro. Who he is and what he does is important. Salt and all.

Edited by Arithin

I'll miss him...if he's really taking a powder and running off to Rio with all those ducats.

Baro Friday was always entertaining. WLBs losing their...minds...in /chat when they didn't get whatever they thought they were going to get (never really did understand this). Then the real entertainment starting when making fun of same and watching them go completely mental.

Good times.

Although, I will say the whole display was rather embarrassing as well. I mean, you play with these people. You're one of them in the community at large.They act like this and think it's reasonable. Really embarrassing when you think about it. But, hey, it's online gaming and really nothing new. There but for the Grace of God (and a functional brain) go I.

This topic is like if White knight simulator and Angry 9 year old boy simulator were combining together. This is probably bug (De just can't release a path\hotfix without them) or even if he is really out-good, that was like a decent solution with awful terrible realisation. Either way if they fix this bug\remove him\gonna introduce in any other way is fine to me.

I was going to the Larunda relay this morning right before I post this to trade in my prime parts for Ducats. I saw that the countdown timer for Baro was no longer visible. Is this a bug? Is he actually gone like DE mentioned in Devstream 67? Checked with a clanmate and he also says that the Baro timer is no longer visible for him.

My thoughts from the other Baro thread I've suspected for some time:

Posted Today, 03:11 PM

You guys DO REALIZE that he is funding/building his own PRIVATIZED ARMY PRIME with our greed and sweat, right?

The Corpus/Orokin version of BIG BOSS is about to change things from beyond the VOID forEVER.

Bet you didn't see that one coming? One person did--//>. Somewhere Sargas Ruk is laughing.

We deserve what we get...

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73, Today, 03:14

I don't get it.

People whine about lots of things, all the time. A loud minority whines one bit too much and everybody gets penalized.

Maybe it's time DE stopped acting as childish as this minority is and maybe, just maybe think about how recurrent players see truly what DE is.

A freaking gaming service company.

We are customers, you are the provider.

Free to play is a BUSINESS MODEL, it never means "free".

Players are allowed to enjoy content without paying a dime. That doesn't make it the case for everyone.

In the end, players using the cash shop, the market, call it how you want .. pay DE's bills.

Spit on the players, you spit on the ones that also give you a job.

And when i hear .. sorry to be so blunt but .. some random BLOODY IDIOT from console that i will not name (the guy, not the console) saying that we are whiners. I'm sorry, what ? To have some decency, exigence, to ask for better service even if a minority asks less nicely (and don't tell me PS4/XBO community are all angels, just get out already) .. and we get that kind of answers ?

Stop being so foolish. On the PC side, we know what F2P is. We're used to it. That's why when we see something bad a mile away, we ring the village's bell loud and clear.

Players and DE have to start to act more professionally.

If the players are dumb enough to think of DE as a magical santa where everything is free and that they feed their families in unicorn farts, you're in for a surprise.
If DE still think they can headbutt a whole community of players because of a handful of sh_tposters, they're gonna head straight, face first into a wall.

Just stop this nonsense and GAME ON.

If Baro never brings anything good- why does the console players want him to finish his rotation?

Basically this some people on this thread make me think of a tsundere : "i'll buy most your stuff but it's not like i want it or anything Baro sempai"

I remember DE saying the same thing. They were tired of the toxic players whining about the drops he gave every other week. If he has been removed, DE is not to blame at all.

Actually they are. Thicker skin is necessary. If 2,000 players whine every week it sure sounds loud, while 10,000 players quietly enjoy the Baro visits. giving in to the rowdy, demanding 12 year olds is kinda their own fault.If DE took him away they are punishing the majority of the player base because a minority of player base was whiny.

DE has always listened to player feedback. If they're removing Baro, it's not out of spite, it's because they've recognized that the community is very frustrated by the way he works. They'll almost certainly put him back in the game once they've worked out a better system.