Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery Rank 16-17 test secret

JaneRose

Question

Okay I have tried this so so so many times and it's a fail each time. How the devil do I get this completed so I can get to rank 17??? This new tileset is impossible. Oh and there is no 2nd attempt, make a mistake and it's a fail. Seems like the timer is broken - if sphere spawns up top at the start, my warframes are unable to get there fast enough so it's a fail. Hubby also tried and was also met with only fails. I did practice on the previous version and was successful.

I understand having the tests be challenging, however this is a bit past that.....

40 minutes ago, (PS4)ElZilcho said:

If MR has any significance at all, it's that you've played with and understand lots of gear.

Part of mastering that gear is knowing what to equip when to gain an advantage or accomplish a goal.

That's the point. Every mastery test is made to be very easy with specific gear and absolute bs otherwise. That's the point. Then you are free to figure out gear yourself or Google it.

12 minutes ago, Zari2015 said:

What people won't understand is:

I want to do mastery rank test with a frame what i want not the most easy way.

If i want to do it with a frame what is slow and it doesn't have high damage, this test should be completed with that frame too.

It is completable with any frame. It is very difficult, but entirely possible.

@JaneRose & @Zari2015 

MR17test.jpg

Atlas is tied with Rhino for the lowest base Sprint speed in game (I sold my Rhino when I got Rhino Prime). I ran the MR17 test with him and passed in 2 attempts.

The only reason I failed the first time was because I got careless and wasn't paying attention to the timer half way through. On my second run, I made sure to run straight for each Orb waypoint as soon as they appeared and had no problems.

It is very possible with any frame, even the slow ones.

If i want to do it with a frame what is slow and it doesn't have high damage, this test should be completed with that frame too.

Detailed problems here 

Seems DE is not doing a very great job after all...

And yes you have to be lucky with orbs spawning near you. It could take an entire week or more.

1 hour ago, Zari2015 said:

If MR has any significance at all, it's that you've played with and understand lots of gear.

Part of mastering that gear is knowing what to equip when to gain an advantage or accomplish a goal.

1 hour ago, Zari2015 said:

They use frames to do it easy...

They are brainless, narrow minded!

This test is not possible without frames who can handle this test and luck of spawning orbs near you. I wanted to do it with rhino (simple rhino) guess what i failed because is slow and the orbs spawned in room corners.

Anyway i did this test but with big changes, with nova + armored agility + rush + fast melee weapon with fury (almost failed but i did it).

And yes no one will read this topic is just too hard to read something with logic and understanding with some proofs!

If they use Vauban for this test within a week with a pause of 24h i bet they will fail 4 days out of 7.

If you want to do this timed test with the slowest Warframe in the game, no one is stopping you. It's been pointed out to you before there are ways to make it easier for you as well (Rush, Mobilize, Enemy Sense to find them quicker, Glaive/Redeemer so you can melee orbs at a distance). It is difficult, but not impossible.

If it seems really needlessly hard, you're right that it is needlessly hard. Different Warframes specialize in different playstyles. If you do have faster Warframes but choose to use a slow one for this test - you are choosing to handicapping yourself. You are being just as narrow minded yourself.

I did it with melee only, and no warframe skills. I did failed my first try tho, but it's not that hard.

If you need to goto a layer above, just bullet jump at the sides. And I made the time orbs my main objective. If you go from orb to the next orb (as soon as the marker appears), and kill enemies inbetween, it shouldn't be that hard.

edit: oh, and don't forget you can practise the test, goto a relay. Take the elevator in the back to enter the cephalon simaris room, and on the right you should see stairs with the mastery tests (you can practise tests up to 1 rank higher as your MR)

Edited by MaiNeym

Just did the test and took rhino on purpose, because seems like you want to use rhino for it (honestly i don't know why but who cares). He is slow so i put maxed rush, maxed armored agility and maxed speed drift to make this slow frame fast (you may want to use your most used frame for it but it doesn't mean that you don't need to mod him properly). No abilities where used in this test. All enemies where killed with melee strikes. And i was always on top to get faster to the time orbs so i don't have to parkour to much. And always run to the appeared orbs by stopping attacking as they spawned.

Conclusion it is possible to complete the test "even with rhino".

4 hours ago, JaneRose said:

Okay I have tried this so so so many times and it's a fail each time. How the devil do I get this completed so I can get to rank 17??? This new tileset is impossible. Oh and there is no 2nd attempt, make a mistake and it's a fail. Seems like the timer is broken - if sphere spawns up top at the start, my warframes are unable to get there fast enough so it's a fail. Hubby also tried and was also met with only fails. I did practice on the previous version and was successful.

I understand having the tests be challenging, however this is a bit past that.....

I would like to know what weapons and frames you are attempting you use it with, also which mods and what rank, I will attempt to simulate a run with the gear that you have then post the results

This reasoning of it being hard with Rhino etc is hilarious. It's an MR test, we gain MR by levelling up more frames, weapons etc in short: by increasing the variety of our arsenal. Doesnt it therefore seem logical that MR tests take advantage of us being able to choose from a wider selection of choices the higher we advance?

I just beat both the MR21 and MR17 test with non-prime Rhino, no mobility mods. My time was much closer to failure in the MR17 test but I beat them both on the first try... I think you just need to focus more on the orbs than the enemies.

Beat MR17 3 times in a row - with ARCANE THRAK - No mobility mods. I think the frame doesn't matter here.

Edited by AXCrusnik

31 minutes ago, (PS4)mblott7 said:

I tried to use some powers on my MR 9 test using wukong and when hitting R1 on the controller the powers all had red circles with a slash through it. I could not use them. 

Rank 9 is explicitly Melee only with no aid, hence the disabled powers.