Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do you feel when DE ignores something that needs attention to work on something more popular?

OverlordMcGeek

Yeah that is not so nice.Single Swords and ignored? Hahaha

When i have to think about ignored meele weapons there come some in my mind :

Dual Daggers (for me personal the coolest meele weapons in the game but all are bad + their stances+ since forever the same stuff)

Sparring (only 2 weapons)

Machetes (just bad especially the stance + only 1 stance)

Daggers (What about a crit dagger finally?)

Nunchakus (could need sooner or later something new too)

Whips (long nothing new)

Gunblade (only a new skin for the redeemer)

and some more

All these are  ignored since a long time (except Single Dagger Covert Lethality Mod) and could badly need something new/refreshing like stances,buffs,weapons.

Lets see the Single Swords (i really love to play them especially Broken War with Vengeful Revenant)

- 3 very nice Stances

- 13 Swords (alot of them are bad but not all like alot of the other meele weapons)

DE its nice that you watch on the singe swords.Great but please dont forget the meele weapons i named in the post.You can easily find hundreds of threads about them.

Edited by K0bra

Well, I left this game during more than one year, came back just before U18.

I found out that a lot of small details that were part of what made me quit before were finally fixed or improved.

But that core mechanics or reasoning that cause players to leave at some point were still here somehow.

DE will eventually hear you about "the small things" even if it takes time.

But they'll ignore most larger issues and do whatever they decided to about core mechanics, or systems.

And feedback will sometimes just be a way to make you feel heard, make you feel that it matters.

While in the end the decision was already made and won't change in the slightest.

Because they consider that the player base can't understand the larger plan.

Edited by matto

It's not just that they prefer to rework popular stuff instead of stuff that needs it, it's also that they are playing it safe with 90% of all recent reworks. Though that may change with starchart 3.0 and the multishot nuke.

It seems the general philosophy with DE and reworking is working through multiple small reworks on popular items that may be considered decent or usable, and then use these as a finished baseline for a more massive rework of a less popular feature.

It's not that they are ignoring these issues, it's that they are still figuring out how they should be approached, in most scenarios. To be fair, I can't really explain why Archwing hasn't received minor improvements in so long, or why certain weapon types have been untouched in so long.

19 minutes ago, (PS4)IIIDevoidIII said:

It's not that they are ignoring these issues, it's that they are still figuring out how they should be approached, in most scenarios. To be fair, I can't really explain why Archwing hasn't received minor improvements in so long, or why certain weapon types have been untouched in so long.

Well, Archwing is simple here. See it was introduced to be a cool dynamic new aspect of the game that many would love.  Unfortunately as we all know it didn't turn out that way. So that means there is something fundamentally flawed with it. Doing small changes would do nothing but trying to patch up a hole that's too big. Rather than spending their time on doing minor improvements it's better to focus on a big rework. 

Now keep in mind that Archwing isn't the only content that has these problems, there is many more that needs to be looked at and probably reworked. Besides that we also have the new content that needs to be made and perfectionated (think of the infested door, the next quest, Umbra) and let's not forget about the many bugs. 

If DE or any member of DE says that they're gonna look into it that will not mean it will get fixed asap. They will put it on their list of things to do. And judging by how long certain things take we can be sure that list ain't short. 

So be patient Tenno and try to enjoy the game as it is now as much as you can :)

Warframe is a big game, and there's a LOT of content to work on, which I understand. I'm fine with something being left for a month or so, but things that have been a problem for YEARS, like Machetes, really need to be looked at. as great as the lighting and Graphics look now, I honestly would have preferred some melee buffs to happen before worrying about visuals, but that's just my opinion and I won't speak for others on that. it is frustrating though when they seem to ignore us, but remember, there's MILLIONS of us and what, a few hundred of them at the most? it's the equivalent of the Spartans in 300 making content for ALL of Xerxes' army, it's a HUGE difference in size.

I'm hoping that maybe they can afford to hire more people in the future. I'm sure there's no shortage of talented people who would want to work on Warframe, and expanding the Dev team would let them get more done, because they would have more people.

I dont know why people play a game theyre unhappy with.

The game is great as it is right now. Its really only up to the devs to decide on what to work on next. The work on what ever inspires them. 

Im sure DE knows how to make a game with a successful cult following...and most of you don't.  I trust that DE does whats best 99% of the time. 

6 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I dont know why people play a game theyre unhappy with.

The game is great as it is right now. Its really only up to the devs to decide on what to work on next. The work on what ever inspires them. 

Im sure DE knows how to make a game with a successful cult following...and most of you don't.  I trust that DE does whats best 99% of the time. 

aye, theres only SO MUCH feedback they can read, come up with ideas, fix, etc with. 

they're only human and can only do so much at a time, while still coming up with other ideas to make more content for us.

They do what they can to make us happy, as long as it's within reason. 

and so far, I'm satisfied with what I got to play around with.

Edited by Vesiga

8 hours ago, R34LM said:

Rebecca basically gave the biggest reason: the game lives and dies through content. If no new content is made, that means no potential revenue. Having a big update of pure fixes, changes, reworks and quests don't have a price tag on them, so they are spread out amongst the things that do. So, really, it may not be ignored; DE's just waiting to ship a change with a new content piece.

This mentality is so...wrong.

The last big update U18 was praised by developers and labeled as "the best update" of the game. Objective it may seem like it, but let us recap what we got in this massive update. A new quest, moon tiles, a new Frame and some weapons, sorties, focus system.

How much playtime did I spned with this update? Quest: 2 hours. Frame + wepoans: 30 minutes (if not counting boring grind for Ivara's parts), because I find all of them uninteresting and only need mastry points. Moon missions: 3-4 hours to get Drift Mods. All of this is entirely new content and you can buy those items direct from the market or other players (potentail revenue). Focus and sorties consist of minimal new content, just a new lobby and a new reward, yet they occupied me for a longer period of time. To sum my impression of U18: content, that was heavely advertized, occupied me for several hours; content that is considered of less revenue occupied me for weeks.

If you need another example. DE is talking about a new Archwing, yet the gamemode itself is unfinished and dead. They will cash in some plat from impatient players, the remaining community will ignore it. This update itself would increase income, if observed in a short-term; a long-term observation would reveal sharp stagnation of income from this content. And this is what separates good companies from bad companies, if any amount of content can remain relevant for its life time.  

I have enjoyed the reasoning listed here.

To clarify one thing, then why didn't they address this or similar problems when they were introduced? Stances came out and I rarely give proper feedback but I had placed mine within 2 months about the machete. It was popular enough to warrant a quick look during all of the hotfixes. And I'm sure I wasn't the only one who noticed immediately what had been done to the machete class. Definitely wasn't the first topic on it addressing the problems.

As for archwing, before it even launched they said they were going to do ship to space and vice-versa missions. Several threads were made about archwing mod rarity and viability. Some of the viability threads were taken care of but drops still haven't been fixed. Enemy AI wasn't addressed since the first day from threads that mentioned that something might be wrong to weeks later when it was semi-confirmed it was broken.

Okay, I'm not as sessoned a player as some other players out there, as I have been only playing for 3 months give or take, (I'm creeping up nearer to my 100 day login reward  as I type this) an warframe has been around for near 4 years now, (1 of those years being it's early alpha stages) an it first off an amazing looking game with high quality graphics and some stuning art work. that is being improved upon all the time. A Good example is the art work for Kela De Thaym, her old Model reminded me of a scaled up version of a  Ballista with some minor changes, the New Model stands out in comparison.

Old Model

Spoiler

Keladethaymcodex.png

New Model 

Spoiler

tumblr_nnbsd3HxAg1rxboygo3_1280.jpg

also as a way to keep the older players, you have to give them something to make them keep coming back, so new content is necessary.

I have no idea how many weapons, warframes,  Companions, Mission Nodes  warframe had when it first came out, but most likely, nowhere near the numbers that the game has in it's current form, that I can be sure of. An they are going to just keep adding to that.

the game is on damage 2.0, and while I don't know what damage 1.0 was like, I'm happy with the system in place at the moment. 

Now I don't know the size of the dev team on warframe, but with a game that is always coming out with new content, so that we can have a new Tactical Alert every two weeks and a new event every Month, that's a lot of programming time, artist rendering, time  alpha and beta testing the new content to make balance and playable.

the game may not be perfect,  but it is still a high quality game that is being given to use for free, when it could be charging us $60 for the base game and $15 to $20 for a 30 day subscription fee like some other MMO games do. 

Let's see, 

Almost 2 and a half years ago, we were told that the Hall of Champions in clan dojos would have the ability to swap statues, from the current Loki one, to one of choosing by clan Warlords. These statues would mimic the victorious player's Warframe from duels and such. We have yet to receive it. 

Conclave has gotten a tremendous amount of development, yet dojo duels are so far behind and buggy to the point of nonexistence. We haven't received any new decorations or rooms or texture improvements or UI management for dojos in around 2 years as well. I dunno about you, but as the last remaining member of my clan, I don't consider Warframe a MMO anymore because I barely play with friends. Why? Because the social aspects of this game have not been improved at all, since launch. So with that regard, I'm very disappointed and disheartened. 

10 hours ago, Stratego89 said:

That's the point. No one uses any sword but broken war, dakra prime, and prisma skana. There's way too many single swords and no variety between them other than straight up upgrade<->downgrade. That's what they want to improve.

What is the point? This should not be the point. At least there ARE single swords being used. Now look at machetes. All crap, noone uses them. They are the REAL class getting ignored and they should focus on them instead obviously.

On 5/14/2016 at 2:43 AM, NightBlitz said:

if you dropped the game then why are you here on the forum? ive never understood people that do that.

I don't have to play the game to visit and post in the forums. Anyway, I periodically check the forums and the subreddit to see if anything has changed that might make me pick the game back up. I also hop back in the game every now and then to both A) Avoid getting kicked out of my clan for inactivity. and B) See if certain long standing bugs and issues have been addressed. I've invested a lot of time and money into this game, I want to see it grow and succeed. I haven't given up on the game. Its kinda like if you leave a job that you worked at for years and occasionally stop in to see how everyone is doing and how things have changed.  

Edit: I've also invested a lot of time into the warframe forums so there's that too.

TL;DR- I'm here in hopes of one day seeing that the things that made me drop the game have been resolved.

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

On 5/14/2016 at 4:13 AM, K0bra said:

Dual Daggers (for me personal the coolest meele weapons in the game but all are bad + their stances+ since forever the same stuff)

Gunblade (only a new skin for the redeemer)

They just teased new weapons for both categories in the Devstream before the most recent (#73), I agree about the stances for dual daggers though. Really most weapon classes need to get their stances looked at since a lot of the older ones still only have at most one extra combo and lack a lot of the damage modifiers and status procs of the newer ones, I'm hoping that they get around to this if/when they get around to making  the fixes to stance acquisition Rebecca alluded to back in Devstream #67.

Edited by Basilisk1991

Reading this through again, it seems fairly clear we break down into two generalized groups:

1. Players who have done everything
  2. Players who are still drowning in content

I'm not exactly drowning, but I'm casual, so I rarely am out of things to do. The last two major quests? I've ignored them, opting to go for tacticals, farming and leveling gear, sorties and formaing things. Rummaging through the void for ducats at the last minute for useful Baro swag. The list of weapons I have not tried is long. I still need Ivara's helmet BP, Inaros and Atlas, bit more resources to finish Wukong's BP in the dojo, my first Huras kubrow, to play the Moon puzzles --you get the idea.

I'm casual, but a methodical completionist, too. I will get to everything, but in my own time, and in my own zigzag pattern that makes perfect sense in my head.

On top of that, real life dictates how active I can be (as it does for all of us) and I'm in a place now where I'm too busy or too disinterested to game. This has nothing to do with the quality of the game since it affects all my gaming.

As I am focused on all of that, I dedicate less time to issues that can use a fix. Often I can see them, but they don't bother me enough to pull me off task for the limited amount of time I set aside for some casual WF.

For those who have done everything, or as much as they want to, they've already figured out what they like and dislike most. What needs improvement (machetes for example, I've never been interested in using them. Only did once to level the 1000 cuts reward) is naturally clearer. With everything else out of the way, the problems that remain unsolved are glaring.

I think it's easier to for them to take the long view, or hone in on very specific problem areas because they've bad a chance to use and asses just about everything already. It might also be due to their own nature as a gamer (if they are more nuts and bolts than me, more hardcore than me, for instance).

I tend to only focus on what I'm currently using, and even then, usually only if I really like it. I'm less inclined to asses problems in areas I simply do not care about. (Like shotties. Before the buff hit, I was faithful to them despite them being trashed as useless in endgame. Just a favorite weapon choice, and powerful enough for early and midgame at the time.)

If, as gamers, we fall generally into these types, how does DE decide "what the hottest" fires are?

What seems straightforward is maddening--deciding what to work on, and what constitutes a most urgent need.

Time (as mentioned above) is a strong indicator (X thing has been ignored for X many years), but if a more recent update or feature creates a chain reaction of smaller, subsequent updates and fixes, that is where they are likely to focus.

If they promise big (2nd Dream, Focus, Umbra) then they have to deliver big. That requires a commitment that pulls them away from smaller, important and neglected fixes a d changes.

Once that ball is rolling, I don't think they can stop it (all work on all new features) to fix all outstanding issues.

I don't think it is intentional neglect, or choosing profit and growth over quality.

I do think they are probably trying to do it all, and perhaps, trying to do too much. Whether they need more staff (something they could probably do judging by the freedom the investment gave them) remains to be seen (or not, depending on whether they feel that needs to be disclosed). Point is, if.they need it, I hope they take on more talent.

The last devstream (#74), Scott said something along the lines of there being more feedback than he can physically read.

The community seems like it will always be several miles ahead of DE with regards to bugs, quality control, and overall what needs fixing. Which naturally leads to disappointment when those issues are not addressed, or are addressed glacially.

Doesn't mean we should ever stop.

The suggestion earlier to utilize player usage statistics is a good one. Listening to the players who have done everything and have a grasp of what still doesn't work would help (but again, I don't even think it is a case of them not listening judging from Rebecca, Steve and Scott's comments in #74, or by the bourbon list stuff).

This game, for such a small company, is impressive. I don't think DE anticipated becomming as wildly successful as they did. I wonder if they need more help--more staff to fill teams to address more issues.

Just some thoughts.

Can someone explain why machetes suck and what happened to them/what needs to happen? I ignore them because they do not appeal to me.

Edited by Rhekemi