The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag Rework Feedback [Post Update 18.13]

Vernoc

6 hours ago, RealPandemonium said:

Magnetize is certainly cheesy but we must wait for Damage 3.0 to see if weapon damage will remain excessively high in the future.  

with crush and magnetize as they are, I think a Mag will do just fine.

Onto the important stuff:

Fracturing Crush's armor reduction now scales with power strength. It does so linearly and can go up to 80% armor reduction, at 160% power strength.

Test was made by experimenting various builds in which the only variable was power strength against a level 50 Bailiff.

So I logged in just the other day after taking a little break from the game as my internet hasn't been very stable so it was hard to play. Anyways I jump in and just want to to do a casual solo run with my favourite warframe Mag. I quite quickly realize they totally screwed her. I get that they wanted to change her up but they completely changed her to the point that she doesn't feel like Mag anymore. There are people complaining about about percentage versus flat etc... but I think the bigger problem is DE has changed completely what it means to play Mag. They made her new goto skill one that no one ever used and which I thought was just a not fun skill to begin with. Before I could go run around use pull to cc and shield polarise for damage or if my shields we're ever low, to keep me alive. Now I feel like a lame nova with a shield polarise, which I can no longer use as much to survive because it costs more. In addition I will be forced to use a skill that favours more stationary gameplay as was a skill that I never liked to begin with. Magnitize makes you cast it than stand around shooting into the bubble which just feels lame, and most importantly, it no longer feels like the Mag I fell in love with playing. I've dealt with nerf after nerf because even through those they never changed how it was to play Mag, but now it feels just like they ruined her forever. I see all these people posting reviews about how they like the new mag but none of them seem to be people that mained Mag and this is a problem. If they didn't like her playstyle before, now that her playstyle is completely changed they'll probably like it. Mag is literally the only warframe I enjoyed playing on a constant basis. Despite hers flaws I'd still play her against Grineer and infested if that was the mission just because I just liked how she played. Now that that is gone, the feeling of playing Mag is gone, I don't really feel like I have a reason to play this game anymore, and I seriously doubt I ever will. I just wish that DE had looked at what Mag players liked about her and not what on the outside, seemed like a cool thing to them. DE you Crushed me with this and I hope this Polarizing issue makes you reconsider these changes and make Mag more Attractive to those who originally played her, as only then can you Pull me back. Until that happens though, I'll be playing other games.

4 minutes ago, Pendantic said:

So I logged in just the other day after taking a little break from the game as my internet hasn't been very stable so it was hard to play. Anyways I jump in and just want to to do a casual solo run with my favourite warframe Mag. I quite quickly realize they totally screwed her. I get that they wanted to change her up but they completely changed her to the point that she doesn't feel like Mag anymore. There are people complaining about about percentage versus flat etc... but I think the bigger problem is DE has changed completely what it means to play Mag. They made her new goto skill one that no one ever used and which I thought was just a not fun skill to begin with. Before I could go run around use pull to cc and shield polarise for damage or if my shields we're ever low, to keep me alive. Now I feel like a lame nova with a shield polarise, which I can no longer use as much to survive because it costs more. In addition I will be forced to use a skill that favours more stationary gameplay as was a skill that I never liked to begin with. Magnitize makes you cast it than stand around shooting into the bubble which just feels lame, and most importantly, it no longer feels like the Mag I fell in love with playing. I've dealt with nerf after nerf because even through those they never changed how it was to play Mag, but now it feels just like they ruined her forever. I see all these people posting reviews about how they like the new mag but none of them seem to be people that mained Mag and this is a problem. If they didn't like her playstyle before, now that her playstyle is completely changed they'll probably like it. Mag is literally the only warframe I enjoyed playing on a constant basis. Despite hers flaws I'd still play her against Grineer and infested if that was the mission just because I just liked how she played. Now that that is gone, the feeling of playing Mag is gone, I don't really feel like I have a reason to play this game anymore, and I seriously doubt I ever will. I just wish that DE had looked at what Mag players liked about her and not what on the outside, seemed like a cool thing to them. DE you Crushed me with this and I hope this Polarizing issue makes you reconsider these changes and make Mag more Attractive to those who originally played her, as only then can you Pull me back. Until that happens though, I'll be playing other games.

LWz7n74.jpg?1

CC09ovS.jpg?2

Mag was my starter; Mag Prime was my first Prime and my second obtained Warframe.  

Mags changes were about as shocking as a glass of ice water to the face at 2am, but she isn't broken, she isn't worthless, she isn't "unplayable"  You just have to change her build a bit to deal with requiring duration to make Shield Pol. go further.  

As to not being able to play her against Grineer; she does amazingly well against them.  Use Shield Pol., cast Magnetize on, at most, 4 targets, and giggle while they all obliterate themselves.

I'm about to jump into Cupid Survival with my Mag, I'll happily post some results once I'm done.

2 hours ago, Pendantic said:

Magnetize promotes mobility. You can jump around and still be accurate with a tonkor

Why not just make polarize scale again, but not do any damage? What i mean by that is removing their armor/shields but not doing any actual damage, it would stop people from being salty and complaining and would be a nice addition for a control frame like Mag.

19 minutes ago, SourTaco said:

Why not just make polarize scale again, but not do any damage? What i mean by that is removing their armor/shields but not doing any actual damage, it would stop people from being salty and complaining and would be a nice addition for a control frame like Mag.

I feel like this is the best option.

1 hour ago, SourTaco said:

1 hour ago, motorfirebox said:

I feel like this is the best option.

That would actually be good, and bringing it back to instantaneous, instead of wave-like would be even better, just so she can reshield as effectively as before, even better

Edited by Lindsrhyl

2 hours ago, SourTaco said:

Personally, I think any criticism regarding scaling of abilities should be withhold until we know the details of the changes to enemy scaling.

If, for example, armor becomes inherent to enemy type and constant instead of a scalable value, or if it possesses a hard cap, the ability as it stands would be perfectly fine.

Additionally:

v1R0LrH.jpg

I think the ability works, for now...

Edited by tnccs215

1 hour ago, SourTaco said:

Exactly, 100% agree

Sorry if this has been mentioned but  aquick Search for 'Spy' gave no results.

DO NOT use Polarize anywhere near a Corpus Spy vault.  As it passes the cameras it will strip their shields but not kill them, they'll then instantly regen their shields while triggering the alarm even if the door into the room hasn't been unlocked yet.

maybe it has something to do with the fact that mag has locked herself in my heart next to ash, but this rework was a failure.

Pull and crush are basically the same, and im ok with that.

Magnetize? Really? You kept bullet attractor and made it both the most usefull and useless ability in the game? that is to be comended, for sure. It does FANTASTIC damage, but bullet attractor was the same. I really havent messed around with the rework that much, but i gotta tell ya. bullet attractor left its mark, and because of it i dont want to use it.

Poor Polarize, what happened to you? Great job de, you really outdone yourselves this time. Polarize with elements from m prime? brilliant! except we got an extremely slow aoe with a pathetic duration that does no noteworthy damage, or maybe it can but i cant do it because im modding my mag p with around 200% that only gives me 6 seconds of polarize, which takes up all my strenght mods.

Ok, im calm. I really hate this rework, i was expecting bullet attractor to be swapped with something new, but no (volt is the same, but atleast his rework is good). Nerfing polarize so much that its only good for low level corpus missions (depends, i can outspeed the wave anyway) and to restock your sheilds. I still think its just me not looking or modding her abilities correctly, but judging from the responses from my friends, it seems i am not alone.

22 minutes ago, (XB1)Fusion GRX said:

maybe it has something to do with the fact that mag has locked herself in my heart next to ash, but this rework was a failure.

Pull and crush are basically the same, and im ok with that.

Magnetize? Really? You kept bullet attractor and made it both the most usefull and useless ability in the game? that is to be comended, for sure. It does FANTASTIC damage, but bullet attractor was the same. I really havent messed around with the rework that much, but i gotta tell ya. bullet attractor left its mark, and because of it i dont want to use it.

Poor Polarize, what happened to you? Great job de, you really outdone yourselves this time. Polarize with elements from m prime? brilliant! except we got an extremely slow aoe with a pathetic duration that does no noteworthy damage, or maybe it can but i cant do it because im modding my mag p with around 200% that only gives me 6 seconds of polarize, which takes up all my strenght mods.

Ok, im calm. I really hate this rework, i was expecting bullet attractor to be swapped with something new, but no (volt is the same, but atleast his rework is good). Nerfing polarize so much that its only good for low level corpus missions (depends, i can outspeed the wave anyway) and to restock your sheilds. I still think its just me not looking or modding her abilities correctly, but judging from the responses from my friends, it seems i am not alone.

Check my build from a few posts up.

Went back from a long hiatus again. My favourite frame's rework resurrected me from the dead.

So went online and did some test run.

And wow, this is probably the most laziest rework ever done by DE, literally. Obviously, for Bullet Attractor, they just added some gimmick which is actually good BUT that 1s cast time is still there which could potentially kill Mag when up against high level content, not to mention, 4m default range ... is this serious?

Shield Polarize ... I don't know. This skill is just trash now, not to mention, so much originality, copy pasted Molecular Prime with some changed script.

How I would rate this rework? Disappointment/10.

For a very fast paced game, this kind of rework won't fit in unless we're talking about tea-sipping casual mindset/gameplay.

Just now, LisRestall said:

Shield Polarize ... I don't know. This skill is just trash now, not to mention, so much originality, copy pasted Molecular Prime with some changed script.

Press X to instant effect isnt really original.

The skill no longuer trivializes gameplay.

It is much, MUCH better now.

Just a few QoL changes I wouldn't mind seeing:

• Pulling an enemy through a Magnetic Field should cause them to lose their momentum and land inside the field instead of soaring past it.
  • Recasting Magnetize on an enemy (alive or dead) whose already bubbled should prematurely detonate that bubble (for no additional energy cost of course).
  • It might not be necessary, but I'm surprised Crush doesn't generate magnetic shards or launch existing ones. Feels like either one would've been appropriate given all the particles that already go flying during the casting animation.
  • 75 energy seems like a bit pricey for Polarize, considering it was essentially downgraded and meant to be combo'd with Magnetize. I supposed it isn't too major an issue due to energy efficiency mods or just EV/restore spam but I still feel the price should be reverted to 50.

On 6/9/2016 at 1:49 PM, SourTaco said:

On 6/9/2016 at 3:22 PM, Lindsrhyl said:

That would actually be good, and bringing it back to instantaneous, instead of wave-like would be even better, just so she can reshield as effectively as before, even better

Maybe it's just because I personally valued the support aspect of the skill more than the "Press 2 to win" part of it, but I actually wouldn't mind seeing this. Removing a percentile amount of shields/armor would be exponentially useful at higher levels (but not too over the top like it used to be) and the instantaneous shield restore for allies would be nice to have back.

Edited by Paradoxbomb

Still don't understand the doom and gloom. With a few small tweaks Mag will be just fine as is. Even as she is now I almost kept pace with an Ash in today's Interception sortie. And bear in mind the sortie was an augmented enemy armor condition, meaning I was at a steep disadvantage since BS bypasses enemy armor. No forma on my Mag, an open mod slot,  with a corrosive/blast Ignis; and I was a couple % behind the Ash in damage (Ash 49% - Mag 42%) and a little more than a hundred kills behind (Ash 385 - Mag 232). Sure, Magnetize was the majority of my damage and kills, but I did use Polarize, in fact I used it A LOT...........almost every chance I had. It restored my shields (This plus Redirection is how I survived), dealt some damage, and reduce a tiny bit of the enemy armor (not gonna lie that part was negligible).

Al I want to see is:

Polarize scale harder with strength mods. Doesn't need to be percentage based (DE apparently does not want infinitely scaling abilities.), but it needs to scale more with strength

Crush needs to be reworked entirely. It's flat out bad as is, and only somewhat okay with Fracturing Crush. But an ability should never need a Band-Aid augment to be usable. 

Pull needs to pull enemies INTO the Magnetize bubble, not through it and 100m behind you.

19 minutes ago, (XB1)Fusion GRX said:

i will check it out, but around 8ish hours have passed and im still pissed off. mag is so special to me.

I understand.  Mag was my starter, and Mag Prime my second obtained frame.  I've been playing the Prime for over two years now and ...might...have had a small meltdown on DERebecca when she mentioned Mag was up for a rework.

I wasn't too happy with the changes when they happend eiyher, but the more I played and tested, the more I enjoyed the changes.

The part that gets me is that even frames like Banshee can completely strip a room of armor and knock everything down using her 1 with an aug regardless of level, but Mag's power that is completely dedicated to shield/armor removal falls flat. As has been suggested, it'd be wonderful if it got it's scaling defensive stat removal back but lost some of the damage. I understand that Corpus nuking was a problem, but if that's taken away I think it'd be justified to have scaling armor/shield removal. I just want it to not be outclassed by an aug.

11 hours ago, (XB1)Fusion GRX said:

Bullet Attractor did fantastic damage to a single target. Magnetize does fantastic damage to anyone who walks through it.