The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mesa Revisions Feedback Post Update 18.13

[DE]Danielle

1 hour ago, Brozenwall said:

So... I;m the only one who do not want to be able to move while in peacewalker.

I think if we are allowed to move we just gonna be anothe Excal pre-nerf.

Nope, you're certainly not alone in that regard.

On 28/05/2016 at 9:12 AM, Aigloblam said:

Honestly I'm quite happy with how Mesa is right now. All i really ask for in the end, is a Zoom ability. Not even a big one either. Just a like 2x-4x Zoom would make me 100% happy with all of Mesa :)

A x2 zoom when in Peacemaker would be awesome.

1.I REALLY would like to move around in Peacemaker. I don't care her walking speed gets slowed like Prowl, I WOULD LOVE to walk into a room with Peacemaker on and slowly kill everything in there.

I wish that the Base Crit Chance was still 50%, just to get those nifty Red Crits with the Regulators, then again I'm kind of a nut when it comes to that concept anyway :p.

Regardless, I feel that it would probably be one way to compensate for the lack of mobility and the relatively large energy drain that some people keep mentioning, at least personally, those are my own 2 cents.

Tried the last time and she pretty much has peashooters. I could kill faster with my Veykor marelok then with the peacemaker in sortie 3 vs grineer.
It has scaling issues with weapon mods or the mods are not used.

I found it be more worth to mod for 2 & 3 with max duration and power (95% shatter shield and ~50% damage buff).

On May 27, 2016 at 7:41 PM, Redskull94 said:

I like how it works, tested on 20 Lv80 Corrupted Gunners and it's actually more than fine.

The only thing that I'd like to see on Mesa is maybe the capability of slowly walking while on her ult, so you can reposition yourself slightly without having to deactivate and reactivate the ability by itself.

This

2 hours ago, Ketec said:

Tried the last time and she pretty much has peashooters. I could kill faster with my Veykor marelok then with the peacemaker in sortie 3 vs grineer.
It has scaling issues with weapon mods or the mods are not used.

I found it be more worth to mod for 2 & 3 with max duration and power (95% shatter shield and ~50% damage buff).

Come on people Mesa should be played as a turret. Not a walking tank.

5 hours ago, Brozenwall said:

Come on people Mesa should be played as a turret. Not a walking tank.

Warframe is a game about fast movement and parkour, it is NOT a game about standing still, There is nothing Space Ninja about being forced to be stuck in place not able to move.

Edited by weezedog

53 minutes ago, weezedog said:

Warframe is a game about fast movement and parkour, it is NOT a game about standing still, There is nothing Space Ninja about being forced to be stuck in place not able to move.

Except every skill has it's draw back.PM fits mesa both Thematically and in her kit, 2 of er skills focus on keeping her alive when rooted. If you want movement it's going to come at a cost and likely will be done in a augment.

22 minutes ago, Buzkyl said:

Except every skill has it's draw back.PM fits mesa both Thematically and in her kit, 2 of er skills focus on keeping her alive when rooted. If you want movement it's going to come at a cost and likely will be done in a augment.

And I thought the draw back was that Peacemaker costs a massive 15 energy per second, the most expensive drain of any toggle skill in the game by far, quadruple the average energy 3-4 cost of most toggle abilities. The only thing close to it is Effigy at 10eps and Peacemaker is still 50% more expensive.

I dislike the idea of Mesa being a turret frame because she is made out of glass. Sure there is shatter-shield but if you are rooted to the ground you are encouraging the players to have shatter-shield on 100% of the time or else they will die to a sneeze. I dislike any ability that is practically required in order for the frame to be useful.

I only wish that enemies were highlighted within the aiming recticle. As of now, I have to use the enemy sense mod to properly prevent being swarmed because some grineer look excactly like the floor boards.

It looks great! And the mod-scaling seems to be perfectly fair

only cons:
The energy drain is just a bit high (not Chroma-effigy levels though)
We all want Mesa to be able to slowly walk in and out of cover while active (hell, at least when you aren't firing) - hopefully it isn't thrown into an augment

12 hours ago, Alpha1641 said:

I dislike the idea of Mesa being a turret frame because she is made out of glass. Sure there is shatter-shield but if you are rooted to the ground you are encouraging the players to have shatter-shield on 100% of the time or else they will die to a sneeze. I dislike any ability that is practically required in order for the frame to be useful.

This.

Its a major problem and feels like a cheap gimmick. Sure, Shatter Shield is good. Its amazing.

Its also 100% necessary. To the point where Nullifier is pretty much a hard counter to Mesa. I HAVE to bring automatic weapons as a primary with Mesa, because she cannot go inside the bubble. No way. She NEEDS Shatter Shield just to survive. At least with Zephyr Tailwind is an optional bonus (which with that annoying audio is a good thing). Not so with Mesa. Feels really...gimmicky.

24 minutes ago, BlackCoMerc said:

This.

Its a major problem and feels like a cheap gimmick. Sure, Shatter Shield is good. Its amazing.

Its also 100% necessary. To the point where Nullifier is pretty much a hard counter to Mesa. I HAVE to bring automatic weapons as a primary with Mesa, because she cannot go inside the bubble. No way. She NEEDS Shatter Shield just to survive. At least with Zephyr Tailwind is an optional bonus (which with that annoying audio is a good thing). Not so with Mesa. Feels really...gimmicky.

And Loki needs invisibility to survive, he cannot go inside the bubble either. Plenty of other examples. Nullifiers suck. What would be your ideas to improve Mesa ?

On 5/30/2016 at 6:43 AM, IoanMasoku said:

I wish that the Base Crit Chance was still 50%, just to get those nifty Red Crits with the Regulators, then again I'm kind of a nut when it comes to that concept anyway :p.

Regardless, I feel that it would probably be one way to compensate for the lack of mobility and the relatively large energy drain that some people keep mentioning, at least personally, those are my own 2 cents.

with arcane avenger you should be able to do that

Just now, (PS4)toaha48 said:

with arcane avenger you should be able to do that

To be precise, With a Maxed Primed Pistol Gambit, it increases the Crit Chance from 25% to 71.75%. Arcane Avenger maxed would increase the Crit Chance by a flat 30% when maxed out, making it 101.75%. If anything, that would be more of a Guaranteed Yellow Crits situation rather than any reliable Red Crits :p.

If we add in Creeping Bullseye and P Pistol Gambit, both maxed, the base Crit Chance would be increased from 25% to 83.75%. Add Arcane Avenger, and the resulting Crit Chance will be 113.75% which would be better I'd say, although to swap out a damage mod for the sake of Creeping Bullseye, meh, not to mention that Arcane Avenger isn't always sure to activate either.

14 hours ago, IoanMasoku said:

To be precise, With a Maxed Primed Pistol Gambit, it increases the Crit Chance from 25% to 71.75%. Arcane Avenger maxed would increase the Crit Chance by a flat 30% when maxed out, making it 101.75%. If anything, that would be more of a Guaranteed Yellow Crits situation rather than any reliable Red Crits :p.

Sorry but where did you get that 25% crit chance from ? The wikia states that "All gunshots have a 300% critical damage multiplier with a 50% critical chance, a 10% status chance, and 100% accuracy. " Is it wrong ?

Edited by Enno69

7 hours ago, Enno69 said:

Sorry but where did you get that 25% crit chance from ? The wikia states that "All gunshots have a 300% critical damage multiplier with a 50% critical chance, a 10% status chance, and 100% accuracy. " Is it wrong ?

As usual, the wikia likes to take its time when it comes to updating its changes, especially ones like these. Then again, DE doesn't really give out the numbers directly either, which doesn't really help at all as well.

Experiment in the Simulacrum, mount on a normal Pistol Gambit and a Primed version, check out the frequency of the crits, and on how often they occur, based on various other tests, it most likely came to the conclusion that the base Crit Chance was reduced to 25%. Take note of what other people posted in regards to the crit chance in other posts as well, and how you can't get Red Crits with a Primed Pistol Gambit alone.

Thanks for shooting gallery change, works great.

A small tweak for ballistic battery would be nice, making it able to cast with one hand and faster animation. As it is right now its too clunky to use efficiently (and because of that, augment for it remain useless too).

Edited by ForFackSakeCake