Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop Part 4: Hotfix 18.13.2 information & more!

[DE]Rebecca

Any words on further changes for Excalibur? 

The recent change to his slide blind costing energy is ridiculous considering the fact his blade waves were nerfed to focus on the melee aspect of EB.

Slide blinds were the few tools that allowed Excal to close the gap in melee safely. 

The changes just seems kinda contradictory. 

Also I don't see how its fair when you nerf the ranged damage but don't buff the melee damage to compensate.

Edited by Dragazer

18 minutes ago, Stratego89 said:

Yep. They listened to the whining fools and ruined the PERFECT trinity change they made. It's over. You guys either need to stop listening to these people or this game is going to end up dying because of them. People are going to complain because they've become entitled and lazy and don't actually want to play your game. These people's opinions should not be listened to. I'm not going to stick around long enough to watch that happen, it's too sad to watch your favorite game die.

This is the perfect example of when people who complain about "whiners" won't get their will. They switch sides and join the group of the "whiners" instead. Good job stratego...

Anyway to the topic. It's nice to hear you're still working on your update and fixing things while listening to feedback. To be honest, i'm not saying the update 18.13 itself was a failure, it was indeed not. But it definitely came out as bugged and unfinished. Thanks for improving blessing and hysteria! Now looking forward to magnetize fixes and possible improvements to volt regarding his "Riot Shield" and his discharge which has no scaling at the moment and automatically turning off after reaching the damage cap. And also excaliburs energy drain upon sliding with exalted blade on.

Edited by IceColdHawk

42 minutes ago, Stratego89 said:

Yep. They listened to the whining fools and ruined the PERFECT trinity change they made. It's over. You guys either need to stop listening to these people or this game is going to end up dying because of them. People are going to complain because they've become entitled and lazy and don't actually want to play your game. These people's opinions should not be listened to. I'm not going to stick around long enough to watch that happen, it's too sad to watch your favorite game die.

I love how you like to bring up entitlement, but here you are dismissing the ideas of other people.

I guess only you're opinions matter eh? 

42 minutes ago, Stratego89 said:

I'm not going to stick around long enough to watch that happen, it's too sad to watch your favorite game die.

Good, we won't miss you.

Edited by Dragazer

With all the recent frame passives and changes can you PLEASE look at Zephyr's turbulence. It has been broken fro MONTHS!

details here: link to thread since the automated image-link shows a blank

The problem is that it does not work against hit-scan weapons AT ALL when jumping. Please just fix this and make my favorite frame capable of playing grineer missions. This has been broken for too damn long!

57 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Trinity: Blessing: Damage Resistance is no longer calculated based on an Average, but instead a flat value simply capped at 75% (which can be achieved via use of Strength mods). We are working on making the squad UI show who is in range with the Tenno Affinity markers, it might not be ready for 18.13.2.

Still hate the idea about 50 meters max for healing your teammates. 50m is not a big distance. Just play a Survival mission and try to keep up with the squad is SOO annoying. 

Valkyr change is great.

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Enemy Plasma Grenades:

If you're like me and you have been playing a lot of Void Defense lately, it's more than likely you've had a mission failed due to one stray grenade from the enemy. These seemingly infinite-damage-scaling grenades of doom can be a death sentence, so here's what's coming:

Before enemy Plasma Grenades explode, they will live for 3 seconds after coming to a rest on the ground. Plasma Grenades can now be shot in air or when they are on the ground. When an enemy Plasma Grenade is shot and killed, it will explode and damage any enemies in range with no damage to you. A Tenno with a keen ear will be able to identify these threats and counter them with an accurate shot before it's too late.

So if i understand, grenades will still be able to one shot objectives? ok... i guess.

Please consider removing the new range-indicator for Hysteria, or at most only keep the circle on the floor. As it is now, the thin wall of energy fog at the edge of the aura looks horrendous with most energy colors since it slightly obscures everything outside.

I get that you want range to be a big deal on Valk now, but this is too much.

If you could extend that Heyakka punch through nerf to scorchers/bombards ect. that would be much appreciated.

Also Here's hoping you reconsider excal's EB blind cost (preferably removing the blind entirely)

Edited by rapt0rman

Just now, Corni said:

Yeah, but now there's "counterplay"  ;)

Still, a grenade should not be able to one shot the objective. Lets say you're at wave 45 and boom.. grenade to the head and kills everyone including the objective. thats stupid. 

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Trinity: Blessing: Damage Resistance is no longer calculated based on an Average, but instead a flat value simply capped at 75% (which can be achieved via use of Strength mods).

Oh no...

The ballista change is awesome. Could we get that for Nullifiers too? they can one-shot easily in higher levels, and unlike ballistas, they're well protected from ranged attacks.

Can we get a slightly bigger hitbox for Bombard missiles, so we can counter them by shooting them? I know it's possible, but only a few AoE weapons can do this. Could give great use to snipers, too

Also, please do a pass on AoE enemy attacks? the fact that Volt's shield protects against AoE damage is 10/10, but hiding behind a wall or inside Frost's bubble still lets you take damage.

Thanks for the change on Trinity; this is the kind of balance we need, taking out the blatantly OP aspects while still encouraging teamwork.

In addition, the added change to Hysteria is exactly how players should be rewarded for interactivity. 

Edited by BCAW

Thank you for listening to our feedback; however, I still noticed there wasn't any mentions of changing some of the passives that feedback has determined as hurtful, not useful, or simply it's not a passive. Will there be a later hotfix changing some of these passives or perhaps adding one to Chroma? I'd just like word if this is in progress and if you're going to change some of the passives so we fully know you are listening to our feedback. Again, thank you, but there is still work to be done. 

Scorches and Hyekka Masters are in the same vein on that issue, so if there's enough time, Scorches should have the same thing applied to them.
(and less Range or Damage since being able to hit like two entire rooms with high Damage Output is pretty silly)

oh! Napalms too, Fire Explosion hitting through walls.

Commanders as always could do with some Telegraph, so Players can break Line of Sight to avoid it.

Bombard Missiles following you to the end of the universe.

Enemies in general ignoring 'low Tier' Abilities that apply CC Effects or other Animation related debuffs - because when Enemies are performing an Animation, they are immune to such things.
while ones that simply apply outright without any Animation needed, are 100% reliable.

Infested Eximus being 9/10 Energy Drain.

some Eximus Types ignoring certain Abilities for no discernable reason. ex. Arctic Eximus ignoring Bastille or some Eximus Types ignoring Magnetizes' 'suction' effect.

Enemies being able to Knock your Down over and over, before you've been able to stand back up again. since i approve of 'universally fair game mechanics' i'm not too sure what could be done here, because to be fair, we can do the same to the Enemies, and... it IS fun to do.

that's all off the top of my head for right now.

1 hour ago, Prinny13 said:

QTE?

no. never.

Edited by taiiat

1 hour ago, Fifield said:

Trinity

Even after the nerf, Trinity was the most powerful frame in the game.  Now you've buffed her.  How are the other healer frames supposed to compete?

They're not. Honestly, Trinity is the only "Healer Frame". The others either just have a small bonus in healing, or they're a jack of all trades frame that need to be buffed anyway. Trinity's abilities directly kill maybe 1 enemy every couple of seconds when you use two in conjunction. Every other frame capable of healing have main focuses that aren't in healing or even Support. If you scale how powerful her heal is off of frames that aren't even supposed to be specialized in healing, there will be no specialized healer.

Warframe is a game of roles, not "I have this frame, so I can literally do anything". The other frames aren't supposed to compete with Trin's heal. They're supposed to play their own role.

It's silly to say Trin is the most powerful. It's like saying the brain is the most powerful organ in the body. It doesn't matter. If your heart stops working, you're dead. Every organ has its' own role to perform. Some do similar things, but they all have a different task at the end of the day. If one stops, the entire system can't properly function. Essentially: You can't say one specific frame is the most powerful because just about every frame is different. You can't walk in to a T4 survival with just Trinities and expect to go as far as a party with a Trin, an Ash, a Nekros, and a Frost.

Her being viable in anything other than a Raid has nothing to do with her Blessing, anyway, which is what they "buffed". They haven't even touched the ability that many people argue makes things "easy mode".

In the end, it's silly anyway, because anyone who was asking for Blessing to be changed again was either complaining about the mitigation (which wouldn't be an issue after proper enemy balancing), and the fixed range. They changed the thing that would have been made right by enemy balance, and kept the thing that honestly has nothing to balance against.

Edited by CoRRh