Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 18.13.2

[DE]Rebecca

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Starting Mod Capacity Changes:

The starting Mod Capacity for your gear (new or Forma'd) is now determined by your Mastery Rank and if an item has an Orokin Reactor or Catalyst installed.

For example, a Mastery 20 player would experience the following:

1. Claim a new Warframe from the Foundry with no Reactor installed.
  2. Observe the 'Unranked' item and see the starting Mod capacity is 20.
  3. Install a Reactor, observe the Mod capacity has doubled to 40.

The formula is:

Starting Mod Capacity = Mastery Rank (x2 if Orokin Reactor/Catalyst installed).

The cap on capacity remains unchanged.

Please note this is a slight deviation of our discussions on how Mastery Rank will reflect gear level, but by affecting capacity it fundamentally enables you to use Mods the moment you get your hands on new gear or Forma an item. Have fun!

Wasnt the whole point of the MR-Forma change to speed up re-ranking a weapon?

This does nothing to fix the Problem. Now we have half our mods on a weapon we wont use till 30, while running draco for the 700x time.

Edited by Cyloss

So as soon as I heard about the MR and mod capacity update I was excited. But now I have new weapons and when it levels it just goes up a level and doesnt seem to have more mod capacity. I know that might be because of mod capacity Cap. But it was kinda disapointing when I got my Dragon Nikana to lvl 7 and still no mod upgrade. But I do like the new way the MR helps you now and not just a way to show off.

7 minutes ago, Cyloss said:

Wasnt the whole point of the MR-Forma change to speed up re-ranking a weapon?

This does nothing to fix the Problem, a completely useless change. Now we have half our mods on a weapon we wont use till 30, while running draco for the 700x time.

It helps a lot for Archwing, where low ranked weapons can't be taken to the outer planets.

But then leveling anything Archwing is terrible anyway.

As a relatively new player who has not yet reached the magical promised land of Draco, where ranks apparently fall from the sky like rain, I very much approve of the mod cap changes.

Edited by racnor555

42 minutes ago, TheMagicalSharpie said:

And the odds of it happening are slim to none,  DE would have to drop the ball, off a cliff, into the Mariana Trench not to handle said problem beforehand.  You're being melodramatic because expecting the worst out of every change is stupid.  I still hate the nerfs to some of these frames but I'm not going to continue yelling about it at this point seeing as DE is eventually going to rework enemies as well, so I withhold my further judgement until that is finished, I'm irritated, yes but I'm just going to chill for a while, might go play something else until this debacle blows over.

Only difference between us is I LOVED the nerfs- I'm upset about the fact that they're taking one of them away in the worst way they possibly could. I'm not upset about the removal of the nerf- I'm upset about what it means for the game as a whole. And what it means is they're going to continue pandering to the cheesers threatening to leave after the nerfs instead of letting them go like they should. I believe in DE. I believe eventually- they'll realize this is a horrible mistake and change it again- the issue is that they've never once changed something back to something they UNDID. Something they only just did- yes, but something they undid? Never.

13 minutes ago, Entropy11 said:

It helps a lot for Archwing, where low ranked weapons can't be taken to the outer planets.

But then leveling anything Archwing is terrible anyway.

Yes it will help in that regard. But the MR-Scaling change was supposed to shorten the time to re-level weapons to 30, that was the whole point.

The change proposed in the devstream was that, when you are MR20, a Forma will only reduce a weapon to rank 20, and thus speeding up getting it back up to 30

Yeah its nice to have the modcapacity even on new gear, but without the ranks its still useless so speed up leveling

Edited by Cyloss

8 minutes ago, Nyxxz said:

How many times do I have to say it's not perfect, but sadly better than what it was? 

ANd it's not an exploit, it's clever use of game mechanics. 

You're not breaking any bugs or doing something obviously broken like glitching yourself outside the map so enemies can't hit you(that's an exploit) It's not risk/reward to go "TEAM QT AT 1% HP" it's an Immortality Protocol

Exploit may have been too strong a word, but nevertheless it was abusive, players expected bless Trinities to bypass the middle-men-enemies to drop health and do it them selves. This is not how it should feel, Trinity should feel a need to save her teammates, if they are not doing well she should intervene. If they needed a quick pick me up, top off that health bar, then that should happen too. Not to the extremes.

What about things that just one shot people? There are limits to everything. How about those one shot things being in everyday Trials and Sorties? That is something DE has to work out the kinks for.

If you are running QT on your team for trinity you're helping her help you. Every time anyone has ever used QT it's either on a high energy pool squish frame (ie banshee, nova, etc) they trust YOU to help when they need it most. But even at some point, even the tanky-est Chroma, Inaros, and Valkyr would walk into the wrong neighborhood and bite off more than they could chew. In the case that you save them you can continue to push your boundaries. If you can't save them, you may be faced with what could be the limit of your physical abilities. QT itself is a sacrifice of a mod slot or slots for anyone of those frames, since it also works best with Flow/Prime flow to give Trinity more time. QT also staggers people who use it, it has its own draw backs. They gave up some of their power to increase yours. That is mechanically sound.

As for this "Limit", it is not "endless" nor should it be, QT + tank frame with all their bells and whistles will still die in 1 shot sooner or later. Sooner even if they aren't tanks and even quicker if they are careless.

As for it being better than before? Hardly, this is static, this goes against the very goal DE is trying to accomplish.

2 hours ago, JohnViande said:

What exactly is upsetting you in this Hotfix? I only see good stuff.

I believe he means that Trinity has pretty much been nerfed into the ground. All she is good for is EV now. Blessing's range being the same as affinity share range makes it worthless for team play on a lot of game modes/maps. A support frame who has to be around the whole team at once to be useful is not a real support frame.

Edit: If you have not noticed, affinity share range is virtually nothing, which sucks for missions like Excavation where to be covered by Trinity for healing, the whole team can not break off and hold 2 points at once now. And with most Interception maps it leaves her worthless unless she is traveling around 3 points to heal and leaving the one she should be defending alone.

Edited by MutantPoptart
Explainer added

2 minutes ago, Prince90000 said:

So uh a MR 20 only has a Mod Capacity of 40(potatoed)???? ;-; Gotta forma so much now damn. Draco-Frame OP plz nerf

No, an MR 20 has a mod capacity of 30. Everybody has a mod capacity of 30. This update just changes what the capacity starts at (and will remain at until your gear reaches a rank above that.)

Great job on the hotfix only thing i still can't heal ppl outside the range take the Blessing damage resistance and have it for only in range people again i don't play trinity as a bless build i play tank and im off on my own and healing ppl thats not near me would be greatly needed thanks SHES SUPPORT FRAME NOT SOLO thanks.

please return trinity's ability back to her thanks can't stand a non healing class that was only ment for healing

Edited by ZHeart

34 minutes ago, giantconch said:

1. The "starting mod capacity" changes isnt what I expected and isnt really something I wanted. Still gotta find that sweet exp lootcave to re-rank. High MR still means virtually nothing even if now my unranked frame can take that maxed redirection and primed flow/continuity right away. All it means is running the lootcaves got easier from the start. Draco still #1 exp farm to re-rank gear.

*** This change has actually made re-ranking confusing now. At what rank does the frame start gaining more mod capacity now? Tried adding more mods after re-ranking to rank 13, but theres no new mod capacity available. Guess I need to grind the frame back to rank 21 before theres more capacity available? This is a very poorly concieved change. It does nothing to address the re-ranking grind that people just aid "F this I'm going to the lootcave LF EV RJ BUFF" burnout style gaming that people are already experiencing

2. Ballistas... what? This is the change? A high pitched squeal? Seems somehow lacking and totally not helpful to anyone who might be listening to music instead of ten million gunshots

3. Mag... meh, polarize still doesnt scale. Hows the dust treating you Mag? Don't choke...

4. Valkyr I will be trying out soon. The change made doesnt really effect much though until hysteria runs out which any decent build with duration and efficiency can prevent, or when turning hysteria off because there are no more enemies.

5. Still no change for excals slide-blind in EB draining 50% as much energy as RB but being 25% as effective. Excal players have stated they would rather the slide blind was just removed altogether. GG ignoring them.

6. Hyekka masters... 1 broken enemy being able to damage you behind cover down, a bunch to go.

7. FREE FORMA... ... ... doesnt make up for a thousand hours spent getting certain frames set up an exact way only to have that exact way get nerfhammered into the ground.

8. The big one, Trinity. Its been said more than enough times already just in this thread. 75% flat damage increase hurts solo players, encourages just pressing 4 every 30 seconds, has no risk/reward that a 99% self damaging trin had. You guys really have it in for your support frame huh? All she is, is a walking battery to most now. Link is still decent for solo survival but that does literally nothing for a team.

this this and all of this.. +1 sir for a well thought out and tested response.. we need more players in this game like you that dont just cry for nerfs because they cant hang with the big boys and never ask for help.

21 minutes ago, MutantPoptart said:

I believe he means that Trinity has pretty much been nerfed into the ground. All she is good for is EV now. Blessing's range being the same as affinity share range makes it worthless for team play on a lot of game modes/maps. A support frame who has to be around the whole team at once to be useful is not a real support frame.

Yeah, now people will use all those other frames that can give people 4x the HP and overshielding on top !!! 75% damage reduction is the same as zero!    

You seem to think support means being able make the team immortal. 

Pretty much every decent game that has good support heroes/units etc are not even CLOSE to the power of what Trinity is able to do, but are still so good people bring them.

Being able to be wherever you want and making your team being immensely more powerful to a level where it trivializes everything in the game.

2 hours ago, Ibro156 said:

What about Energy Vampire. It just a endless free energy to Trin and her teammates. just continuous free energy

If I was any less polite of a person I would tell you to kys, but I won't.