Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 18.13.2

[DE]Rebecca

4 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Hotfix 18.13.2

*snip*

The starting Mod Capacity for your gear (new or Forma'd) is now determined by your Mastery Rank and if an item has an Orokin Reactor or Catalyst installed.

For example, a Mastery 20 player would experience the following:

1. Claim a new Warframe from the Foundry with no Reactor installed.

2. Observe the 'Unranked' item and see the starting Mod capacity is 20.

3. Install a Reactor, observe the Mod capacity has doubled to 40.

The formula is:

Starting Mod Capacity = Mastery Rank (x2 if Orokin Reactor/Catalyst installed).

The cap on capacity remains unchanged.

*snip*

Ummmmm...  wat?

I have no idea why this is needed or useful.  Warframe Auras basically do this to start with, so this is kinda just cutting a corner with leveling that we didn't need cut.

It feels as if a point was missed: We need more mod SLOTS.  No amount of additional "points" will change this.

The Exilus slot was going to be a place for Augments, or so I heard.  We still need a special slot for augments, and this COULD HELP us pay the points cost for such, but without the slot as well this is a strange move.  Too strange...

So, when will this new slot (or OH DEAR GOD PLEASE slots) be available?  There are a TON of optional mods I really really want to use on a 'Frame.  Exilus was a tease.

I'm serious here.  I want to run Lightning Dash and Retribution on Volt so badly, it's just that there is NEVER enough space.  Perhaps 2 more Exilus-type slots would help so much for this, and you just added the points to make this happen.

Just do NOT let us mount standard, non-Exilus mods here.  Please expand Exilus mod options in the future too, so that we have more interesting sideral things to look at.

Edited by Cytobel
The typos are invading!

So as the Dev stream before last said the U 19 would be buy the end of May, and Today is June 1st. and still getting hotfixes instead of the Update. How much longer, will the Update 19 be? I love the game and I'm thankful for most of the changes you continue to do. Just curios as to why the Update has been delay after giving a set date of release.

3 minutes ago, Cytobel said:

Ummmmm...  wat?

I have no idea why this is needed or useful.  Warframe Auras basically do this to start with, so this is kinda just cutting a corner with leveling that we didn't need cut.

It feels as if a point was missed: We need more mod SLOTS.  No amount of additional "points" will change this.

The Exilus slot was going to be a place for Augments, or so I heard.  We still need a special slot for augments, and this COULD HELP us pay the points cost for such, but without the slot as well this is a strange move.  Too strange...

So, when will this new slot (or OH DEAR GOD PLEASE slots) be available?  There are a TON of optional mods I really really want to use on a 'Frame.  Exilus was a tease.

I'm serious here.  I want to run Lightning Dash and Retribution on Volt so badly, it's just that there is NEVER enough space.  perhaps 2 more Exilus-type slots would help so much for this, and you just added the points to make this happen.

Just do NOT let us mount dtandard, non-Exilus mods here.  Please expand Exilus mod options in the future too, so that we have more interesting sideral things to look at.

You might want to reread that, it doesn't increase the total amount of points you get, just gives you some extra points earlier on, so normally a rank 0 frame would only have mod points from any aura mods, now, if you're MR 15, and have a potato in that frame a rank 0 frame will have an additional 30 mod points at rank 0, and won't gain any additional points until it reaches rank 16, then it'll gain points like normal.

3 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Hotfix 18.13.2

Mag Changes & Fixes

• Improved the FX of Mag’s Polarize.
  • Fixed Mag’s Crush FX not playing properly for Clients.
  • Fixed Mag’s Magnetize bubble being invisible when inside it.
  • Fixed Mag dealing self-damage with Magnetize.

Thanks a lot, she still need some tweak :

• higher shield, she should be the highest shield frame by a large margin. Or make polarize give overshield and change augment to give overshield to squad.
  • more base energy
  • faster crush animation. 

And don't forget volt :

• make ultimate cast-able mid-air
  • less drain on riot shield
  • the pick up speed is not very coop friendly and i still think that the constant change of FoV could have been handled just by giving Speed the toxic lash treatment, making it recast-able. Warcry and Roar could use that too since it's always annoying to miss one player and you can't do anything about it. At the moment there is still a down time when you can't recast (like half a second maybe less). 

I don't understand why people think this Trinity DR change is so bad now? Would you rather have it be based on averages of your team or would you actually like to control it with strength mods?? Trust me, having it be based on averages just gave the shaft to those who needed real DR when you had tanks that lost no health.

Also, I really don't see how this is not of any benefit to you. The DR is reliable now, because your team (being a very wild variable) doesn't affect how effective it is.

Edited by R34LM

The starting Mod Capacity for your gear (new or Forma'd) is now determined by your Mastery Rank and if an item has an Orokin Reactor or Catalyst installed.

For example, a Mastery 20 player would experience the following:

1. Claim a new Warframe from the Foundry with no Reactor installed.
  2. Observe the 'Unranked' item and see the starting Mod capacity is 20.
  3. Install a Reactor, observe the Mod capacity has doubled to 40.

The formula is:

Starting Mod Capacity = Mastery Rank (x2 if Orokin Reactor/Catalyst installed).

The cap on capacity remains unchanged.

Please note this is a slight deviation of our discussions on how Mastery Rank will reflect gear level, but by affecting capacity it fundamentally enables you to use Mods the moment you get your hands on new gear or Forma an item. Have fun!

It might be different then what you said, but it's much better!

If you went with your original setup, anyone who eventually got to MR 30 would be able to put infinite formas into their gear,

since they'd automatically go back to rank 30 after formaing.

Excalibur Changes
Excalibur's rework made him an indisputable lethal force - a role he will continue to shine in, but now with more reasonable parameters on his Exalted Blade waves. 

•    Exalted Blade’s damage will now diminish according to distance travelled and enemies punctured, and Exalted Blade’s built-in Radial Blind on spin will now cost ½ the Energy of a regular Radial Blind. Although Exalted Blade is a lot of fun, we feel that it completely overshadows all of Excalibur’s other abilities at little cost. The powerful range on Exalted Blade turned Excalibur into more of a turret than a swordsman. This change means that Exalted Blade is more effective when used in close range and using Radial Blind is now a calculated choice. The ability will simply become more engaging in all encounters. 

The energy cost of the Exalted Blade’s built-in Radial Blind is too high for 1/5 of the range of the original 5m to 25m. Maybe 2/5 Range 2/5 energy should be enough.

5 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Fixed more collisions on Orokin doors that cause players to get caught in between the gap and eaten by the door.

lol, FINALLY! God damn, that has been around for so long and it kept on consuming me and friends in raids

Am I the only person that somewhat looks forward to nerfs? Even if it's my favorite frames? I am being hopeful here, but I do hope that DE is nerfing frames in order to break the players in for a future rework of damage, and enemy scaling.

I can't say much about the Trinity nerf. All I know is that even though she has been nerfed, having a Trinity is still better than having no Trinity. I remember in Dragon Nest when the Guardian's heal was nerfed down into obscurity. Could barely heal 10% of your HP. But you know what? A heal was better than no heal. And I still gladly played one if it meant I could keep our team alive for a bit longer.

39 minutes ago, Rikov said:

So here is my biggest question. If we can shoot an enemy grenade and make it explode and do no damage to us but damage to enemies...why can't our own explosives not hurt us?

I think they should've left the self-damage in Mag's bubble, so all the shooters not using the Tonkor can experience the same damage. See how they like their MR21 weapons blowing up in their face every burst, since after all they're so skilled............................

I am really against these changes to mod capacity and changes. I really enjoy being able to have some of my mods maxed and some at varying levels to accommodate different builds. Now with the mastery rank and mod capacity changes ill really only be able to focus one one frame  or two maybe and then probably one melee, secondary, and primary weapon.

I dont see what the problem was with switching gear around after every run. But tying it to mastery more or less restricts what players CAN use. I for one wont put the effort to throw in 8 forma to all my preferred melee weapons and frames. There isnt time for that.

Im against the mastery rank change influencing mod capacity.

If you wanted to make it so you could slot mods right away you should have done this.

All warframes and gear can slot to their capacity upon being unranked. Leveling the weapon up to 30 increases the effect the mods have on the frame/weapons reaching maximum effectiveness at rank 30 and barely being noticable at rank 0. But of course this would need to scale during missions rather than update at mission end.

Reducing mod capacity across the board and then tying it into something thats not even easy to do to get some of that capacity back is uncalled for. Currently theres no change in game reflecting any of this. Im hoping its just a bad joke. At the very least halve the drain of all mods so those that have been playing since forever can at least still slot half of the mods they had before the change.

12 minutes ago, Goodwill said:

Am I the only person that somewhat looks forward to nerfs? Even if it's my favorite frames? I am being hopeful here, but I do hope that DE is nerfing frames in order to break the players in for a future rework of damage, and enemy scaling.

I can't say much about the Trinity nerf. All I know is that even though she has been nerfed, having a Trinity is still better than having no Trinity. I remember in Dragon Nest when the Guardian's heal was nerfed down into obscurity. Could barely heal 10% of your HP. But you know what? A heal was better than no heal. And I still gladly played one if it meant I could keep our team alive for a bit longer.

I am with you too, I don't want under-skilled players using my frame and not appreciating it's benefits.

I also am up for killing the killer-meta. EX: Blind mirage.

However, EV trinity is needed for LoR.....to allow frames to come without excessive restriction for nice gameplay.