Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #76

[DE]Rebecca

Star chart showcase please... 

If there is a star chart showcase I have a small request.. Can Steve personally showcase the new star chart and discuss? I've gotten the impression that he personally worked heavily on this and think it would be appropriate if he was the one to showcase it.

Just curious but will there be a Dragon Nikana Prime, or is the Dragon Nikana a unique weapon much like Vandal or Wraith weapons?

Also pertaining the war within will it be like the Jordas Verdict quest and become a normal boss, or will it be a one time event that will give a unique weapon of warframe much like Tactical Alerts or Events (that have a chance to come back much like the formorian relay tactical alert). 

Concerning the Specters Of The Rails will those be changing the dark sector solar rails into something new?

One last thing are there going to be changes to how certain weapons lay equipped on warframes? Because every now and the i look at my frost and various other warframe and notice how some melee/secondary weapons go strait through the body of the warframe itself and sometimes the syandana's too, I know this isn't a big issue I just want to know if you can look at it if it's not to hard to fix.

when is the new melee positions coming?
when is the new gunblade coming out?
when do I get that dark split sword skin from the promocode?
when is umbra coming?
what fancy socks is geoff wearing today?
what color is steves underwear?

Are we getting any story for corpus here soon? I understand the Gradivus Dilemma erred towards Grineer, but it's not as if the Corpus stagnated this whole time, certainly evident by the Bursas. Much of the stuff here seems to be so heavily focused on war with the Grineer that, even with us crippling some of their largest machinations, continue to pull out a bigger and badder threat. There's only been one design that we've poked a hole in for the Corpus, and that was that Jackal 2.0 that slapped us around a few months back. More stuff from Darvo, Nef, or even some other faces for the Corpus would be nice. Fresh faces have learned much about grineer, but all most know is that Corpus are trade junkies with a penchant for tech, lasers, and robots.

Also, new Simaris scan target when?

What is the future of Simaris? As it stands he's pretty redundant. Synthesis was introduced to allow the players to uncover more and more Warframe lore via community-wide hunting of certain targets. Will that return? If not, what will you do to bring lore revealing back into the Synthesis process?

Any news on making completed quests replayable? I consider this the most important thing personally.

Will there be a possibility of reintroducing the Gorgon and Ether Daggers back into the market or some alternate way to get them other than login reward or quest, seeing as the new login system only gives items you haven't mastered, it makes it literally quite impossible to obtain a fresh blueprint for the gorgon.

Also, any news on Account migrations?

Also, the scannable items missing entries in the codex, and current items in the codex permanently stay "Undiscovered" (specifically the Security Camera and Infested Tumor). It'd be nice to see all of the items missing from the codex that have scans, in the codex available for viewing.

Would there be a possibility for a new mechanic for switching stances on the Dark Split-sword, considering two stances effect the weapon, perhaps maybe add a second stance slot, but prevent both slots from being polarized and granting the polarity bonus for stances, then add alt fire mechanic to the weapon which would allow it to be alternated in-mission? I feel that this would add a fresh twist on some of the melee mechanics, considering how the Stradavar has a similar alt fire mechanic, but for semi-auto to auto fire. Just some thoughts.

Edited by DarkDullahan-Prime
Dark Split-sword Idea

Well, a devstream is always helpful to distract me by showing off new and cool stuff. But I hope as much as you entertain me with with content that you would entertain the questions I have as well.

Questions:

What are further changes planned for Trinity or when is a full rework in order for her? In the past couple of weeks Blessing went from a Risk/Reward ability with an abused self damage bypass, to an ability with no meaningful support and limiting function that got worse with more teammates, to a simple press 4 mindless timer watching power. All the power does is begs to just be active, all the time, with no measure of anything meaningful.

Ex: You're not in range? Whatever I need the resistances anyways. Oh you're in range now? Might as well cast it again. Oh you're out of range and died? Sucks, guess I'll just cast it again and go pick you up.

Besides that, Well of Life continues to be a glorified Semaris target trap that is somehow tied to a warframe power as a joke, Energy Vampire has the "vocal" community crying for a nerf because it is trivializing content (even though Zenurik's Energy Overflow and Consumable Energy pad exists), and Link probably in the most mundane spot at least with little to no problems.

In the movement you set out to stop the trivialization of content, you turned my favorite frame into the most mechanically trivial frame. It almost feels like how Trinity was back when Open-Beta started (Sans EV because it actually does something now instead of just wasting energy when you kill the target before the duration expires).

What things do you have in store to deal with ridiculous enemy scaling or add meaningful challenge? Most high end content boils down to a couple of things: 1.Super spongy enemies that just soak damage, 2. Said Spongy enemies who just one hit KO people (and even through walls for Bombards, Napalms and Bursas), and 3a. Power canceling annoyance bubbles or 3b. Energy limitations/Energy Drain.

The recent few changes to Balista's and enemy Grenades hardly feel game changing, the balista's whirling up sound is drowned out by a multitude of other sound sources and grenades almost suffer the same issue.

Nobody likes having little counter play options like complete Basitille spam from Vauban, Disarm spamming, Invisibility to simple ignore fighting altogether, or any other remaining Hard CC lock down methods that further promote creation of enemies with such CC immunity.

7 minutes ago, DarkDullahan-Prime said:

Any news on making completed quests replayable? I consider this the most important thing personally.

This was addressed (with a brief U19 aside in the middle) during Devstream 74! 

tl;dr: We're trying our best but it's complicated. 

4 minutes ago, [DE]Taylor said:

This was addressed (with a brief U19 aside in the middle) during Devstream 74! 

tl;dr: We're trying our best but it's complicated. 

I remember seeing the Devstream and that comment. I also know that DE is an exceptional team that works on things like this even when they don't specifically state so. Just wanted to keep it on the fronts of their minds. ^^

As of right now the only vandal weapon that can be colored is the lato vandal. Why is this? And will we ever be able to color vandal and wraith weapons in the future?

What happened to the burston rework?

what happened to the zypher premium skin?

considering mag and volt were reworked recently can we expect a premium skin for them soon? Otherwise are there any premium skins in the works at the moment?

Edited by lightdragon64

Steve mentioned changes to the void; specifically that there would a) be no content lockout and b) void keys still matter. Any specifics as to what the changes to the void will be? Token system with tokens earned by void type? Choose void rewards? Etc. Also, if we're able to choose void rewards somehow, is it going to have an effect on ducat values and void trader?

Will the orokin derilect be getting some rework to its drop tables to remove the T2 void keys from rotation C of the survival and defense? While i dont mind keys dropping on rotation C, i think they should be of a higher tier as doing level 25-30 mission for a T2 key doesnt seem as rewarding as a T3 or T4 key, and also the derilect hasn't seen any new prime parts in their drop tables since frost prime was unvaulted, will future primes have some of their parts be added to the drop tables of derilect missions?

1. Are there any plans for closing the gap between sentinels and kubrows? The gap keeps growing, recently with release of Medi-ray mod. Will kubrows get some exclusive, good mods and better AI? What about the gap between Carrier (and perhaps Helios to a degree) and other hardly ever used sentinels like, for example djinn and wyrm? Do you, guys, even consider making Vacuum a sentinel-universal mod and compensating carrier somehow (for example as an additional ammo carrier).

2. Are there any plans on giving the players an option to choose which rank of a given mod they want on a given frame, given they have ranked up that mod? For example, say I want to use rank 5 Blind Rage on my frame but the one I have is rank 10, so I rank down my mod for that frame and rank it up (for free as I have done that once already) to put it at rank 10 into a different frame.

3. When can we finally expect token system for sorties?

Edited by Lijka