Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lunaro Feedback [Megathread]

[DE]Danielle

Well hey there Tenno! Ready to play ball? 

This megathread will be used to house your Lunaro feedback. Please be constructive with your feedback, and keep the following guidelines in mind:

• Your post must be on topic.
  • Use details, examples, and personal experiences in your feedback, as well as your counter arguments if you disagree with something in the game or with another's opinion. 
  • Leave all name calling, insults and antagonism (dev bashing) out of your post, no exceptions. It is not required or welcomed and does not fall under constructive feedback. 

If you have a bug to report please post them in the dedicate megathread: 

Thanks, and good luck out there! :community: 

========

Hotfix: Lunaro 1

Lunaro & Conclave Fixes and Changes

• Lunaro has been changed to 3v3 match sizes! This change from 4v4 to 3v3 is based on current pacing and controls - it will significantly help the chaos. Please note our list of feedback from you all is amazing and we'll be making changes over the next few days to address your top areas. Thank you SO much for playing LUNARO!
  • Reduced the speed of Checking in Lunaro by 6.5%
  • Added a Teshin tutorial lines for throwing curves in Lunaro.
  • Tweaked Arcata impact sounds.
  • Fixed a script error when spawning into Lunaro.
  • Fixed halftime not starting / game not ending if the Lunaro is lying still on the ground.

Hotfix: Lunaro 2

Lunaro & Conclave Fixes and Changes

• Tweaked Teshin’s VO to prevent overlapping transmissions. 
  • Removed the FX and sound on the end of shoulder checking. 
  • Lunaro Game sessions can no longer be joined once they reach Half Time. 
  • Increased the force from which you can throw a curveball. 
  • Increased the visual glowing FX when you catch the Lunaro to better assist in indicating when you are a ball carrier.. 
  • Swapped LT and RT binds on controllers for Lunaro (RT is now throw). Only those who have the ‘Default Controls’ will notice this change. 
  • Fixed pressing X on controllers conflicting between ‘Practice Lunaro’ and ‘Play Now’.
  • Fixed players sometime loading into the wrong Lunaro level - an old development map somehow made its way in! There is only one arena at this time.
  •  Fixed Clients spawning in the sky after Half Time in Lunaro.

Fixes

• Fixed an issue with Warframe movement speed multipliers not working outside of the Conclave. The normalization of speeds for Lunaro was improperly being inherited in PvE. 
  • Fixed the search feature in the equip page of the Arsenal not functioning when first entering. Also fixed an issue with being unable to Search on controllers. 
  • Find the proper item count of equipped gear when populating the gear wheel.
  • Fixed Rescue Targets & Companions not performing parkour moves to follow the player's line of parkour. (wall run, bullet jump, etc)
  • Fixed the Second Dream opening Cinematic breaking when initiating it from the Codex. 
  • Fixed a crash when battling a Sentient. 

Edited by [DE]Danielle
Added hotfix info

I am sorta on the fence. I keep hearing this is slow, due to PVP's feedback on Warframe's frustration on kill times? Was that the issue? ... But I sorta want to bullet jump and fly around like mad with a ball speeding like a meterorite from the heavens in between Demi-gods. I need to see some video on it. And eventually play it. Without that I'm filling in the blanks and it's not good. 

If its like Rocket League or better then you got something, but if it's slow and boring...well you know how it goes. This is just apprehension with little to no game play witnessed to put them aside. Looking forward to more details from the PC players in this thread and game play videos before it hits consoles. 

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey

No air-slide, almost no aim-slide, 2 fundamental and basic moves for many advanced parkour skills.

The game is just everyone just spamming E on each other till someone realises the ball is on their hands and try to shoot for a point. cuz we are so limited on movement everyone just stay on the ground with everyone spamming E on each other hopping to get the ball just to loose it the moment they get it. really boring!!

DE failed us once again..

You guys killed conclave... Because this game mode is fantastic

Bugless (so far for me)

The movement and the mechanics are glorious

and its so much fun.

Seriously guys this is a game seller, keep making stuff like this. Making it so all frames are equal and focusing only on skill with the mechanics was the best decision you ever made. <3

Edited by Eureka.seveN

It's just players spaming melee and continuously staggering one another, as soon as you pick up the ball you immediately get staggered, you can't even pass the ball or anything before receiving a stagger move. Only the host ever manages to ancoplish anything due to the lag allowing him enough time to actually launch the ball before getting staggered. There is no strategy whatsoever in this state. Only players that are currently carrying the ball should be able to get staggered by melee strikes and there should be a 1 second invulnerability period after picking up the ball so you have at least enough time to finish the the ball pass animation.

Edited by PsychedelicSnake
Edited out profanity in title

Lunaro has the potential to be a ton of fun, but it has a some issues...

1. The FOV is to small. Your warframe blocks to much of the screen and you can't see whats going on

2. The movement speed is SUPER slow. Why do we all run around like Frost? We should be much faster, like Loki with speed mods.

3. The melee is a terrible feature. Everyone just runs around spamming E and thus makes it impossible to even hold the ball for more than a second

4. The area where your player catches the ball is to small. You have to be literally right on top of the ball to even catch it

5. You can't throw the ball far/fast enough. Even holding the fire button down it doesn't travel far

6. There is to many people on the field! 4v4 is way to chaotic and crowded, though this may be more of an issue with #3... consider 3v3 or maybe even 2v2

Those are the major issues i found while playing a couple of matches, hopefully something will happen to alleviate these issues.

EDIT: im not 100% sure if its melee of regular hit that stuns you or both but it needs to be fixed....

Also, my feelings toward lunaro have gone up a lot... it is getting more enjoyable by the minute

Edited by Zeroseer

Lunaro is a blast!! It feels very smooth and I love it acts pure disallowing mods and Warframe stats. I've just played a few matches of 4v4 and 1v1 (which I managed to win both). The rules are fair and balance seems to work out well.

My only issue is that the auto-aim for passive can become a hindrance when everyone is huddled around the goal. We've had numerous standstills at the goal because we'd end up passing to each other accidentally while aiming for the goal. I'm sure this is something to get used to, so I'm just going to warn players to not huddle so much if you are close to the goal.

Also, movement speed could be bumped up slightly.

Edited by R34LM

Not sure how these got by the design team.

1) You can join like any other squad. Which means that people can drop in and out. Which means that the teams are seldom even. If you are a 2v2 someone joins it's 3v2, Someone leaves, same thing. Not sure how to handle the leaving thing (maybe a 10s pause to tray to matchmake another player before continuing?) but new players should be able to join unless the matchmaking pairs them up and puts one on each team. I joined a 1V1 game on my first join, scored a couple times, and the player on the 1 team quit... of course he did, who wouldn't? So that was no fun and a big waste of time.

2) I don't want to join a losing match of Lunaro, sorry. Joining a team down 10-0 is kinda well, lame. There absolutely should be a "only join on new games" option and games should wait until there is 4v4 to start (or have a some kind of lobby where players can either chose to wait or vote to start 3v3 or 2v2 or 1v1). 

3) once the game ends you have 4v4 sitting there, but if the game was one sided (10-0) there shoudl be a "Scramble teams" option that mixes up the teams (if voted for by the majority). If you have a 4some that joined together you are safe from this as you can all clink "no"

Some other observations - it's a bit slow, everything moves a little slow making where the ball is going and where the players are going very obvious, there really is no cutting or weaving to dodge a player trying to hit you. a speed increase would be a step in the right direction I think

So I played a match. And from that one match I can already say I have experienced all there is to experience with it and am ready to offer my opinion on it.

The idea itself is great, and I found it fun to play...until some di*k decided to permastun me by repeatedly meleeing me, resulting in me not being able to get back up again. 

Movement is quite limited. Would be nice to wallrun.

Maybe have a 1-2 second invulnerability timer upon picking up the ball so you don't get stunned instantly?

Hitting the ball with the melee should not send it across the damn map.

6 vs 6 on bigger maps in the future? :) The current one is a tad small and feels like a clusterfu*k with the pillars surrounding the goal, but I understand why they are there.

All in all, good job DE. It's fun to play, but needs some improvements.

Edited by Multicom-EN-

Movement is very slow and we now need an option to disable bullet jumping so that people can actually slide jump since you guys want to limit speed.

There's literally no reason to bullet jump within it you're far slower and you lose the ball.

Edited by SirWolfen

I have two issues.

First, there needs to be a better indication when you get the ball. There is a ping and a trail of light, but the ping is quite unremarkable and the trail is usually off-screen.

Second, right after you get the ball there should be a short delay before you can throw it back. I found myself throwing the ball by accident when trying to melee someone. Which brings me back to the first issue, because I didn't even notice I got the ball.

Other than that, I agree with @Zeroseer, in particular points 1 and 2.

When it comes to melee, I think the E tackle is enough. The hit with LMB just promotes spamming and accidental throws.

It's fun.

More:

About spamming, Lunaro doesn't really punish spamming. After a few more games, numerous players just form a cluster and spam melee. A stamina bar for melee maybe? Or at least cooldown after a few swings? 

There is no real reason to use bullet jump. Isn't it actually slightly slower than normal jumping? Maybe it's just me. Anyway, it doesn't bring anything worthwile to use it.

Immunity to checks for a second? Right now it is very difficult to hold the ball because people spam melee to death and back.

Matches could be shorter and we should be able to choose with how many players we want to play. 4v4 is alright, but there could be 3v3 and 2v2 modes.

I also think there should be some rewards introduced for teamwork. Like additional reputation if you pass a ball, to encourage people to actually play, rather than spam and try to score solo. At least put various info about the match in the chart at the end - number of passes, checks, etc. Just saves, assists and scores is quite barebones and more things to give players some... recognition might actually encourage them to do something else than form a group of four and run in a lump around the arena.

Most importantly, lag is a thing and it really hinders the gameplay. Really hoping for some form of dedicated servers  because right now ball tends to teleport around the arena, you can forget about passing and people tackle you even when they should not be able to.

Edited by Genitive
Added more things.

Everything is pretty great except it seems like 75% of the game is a melee mosh-pit similar to if little kids were playing soccer; they run to the ball, create a mob of kicking where the ball gets kicked every which way, then sometimes it pops out of the mob and they go crowd around over there then rinse and repeat.

#Bringbackstamina?

Suggestions, comments, concerns, overanalytic breakdown of my simple suggestion out of pretentious egoism?

So I played a match. And from that one match I can already say I have experienced all there is to experience with it and am ready to offer my opinion on it.

The idea itself is great, and I found it fun to play...until some di*k decided to permastun me by repeatedly meleeing me, resulting in me not being able to get back up again. 

Movement is quite limited. Would be nice to wallrun.

Maybe have a 1-2 second invulnerability timer upon picking up the ball so you don't get stunned instantly?

Hitting the ball with the melee should not send it across the damn map.

6 vs 6 on bigger maps in the future? :) The current one is a tad small and feels like a clusterfu*k with the pillars surrounding the goal, but I understand why they are there.

All in all, good job DE. It's fun to play, but needs some improvements.

Changes will most likely happen over the next few days. What I want are

1. A cool down on the "attack" all you do now is really spam "E"
  2. A better indicator for when you have the ball. Sometimes I don't notice until 3 seconds in or so, by then I just have to throw it

I will edit it once I play some more.

Yes this is from another of my posts.

Edited by PoisonHD

I just say add a cooldown to whatever pressing "E" does. That will mostly fix it.

Bringing back Stamina, even if just for Lunaro would be an OK solution, but not the best.

Edited by PoisonHD