Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lunaro Feedback [Megathread]

[DE]Danielle

Lag, the same reason that drives me away from PVP is on Lunaro. The game mode seems like a blast, but you end up spamming melee because its a bit chaotic and the lag makes it impossible on some games as the ball will teleport and you have no way to antecipate and intercept.

Its more than necessary for DE to have dedicated servers, not players hosting, so the game is on a even level for players.

22 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Hey just a heads up everyone - we are going to deploy the first Lunaro Hotfix soon that has some fixes as well as changing Lunaro to 3v3 just to see if people prefer that. It significantly reduces the chaos. We also have a growing to-do list in regards to Check spam, etc, so stay tuned! I mean it when I say thank you so much for all the thoughts so far, and thanks to anyone who played with me!

How about a 3v3 and a 4v4? I actually like the amount, what I don't like is constant arcata spamming which knocks off the lunaro often and quickly

24 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Hey just a heads up everyone - we are going to deploy the first Lunaro Hotfix soon that has some fixes as well as changing Lunaro to 3v3 just to see if people prefer that. It significantly reduces the chaos. We also have a growing to-do list in regards to Check spam, etc, so stay tuned! I mean it when I say thank you so much for all the thoughts so far, and thanks to anyone who played with me!

I don;t have feed back but rather a request

can we please be able to purchase those lunaro team badges from the concalve

very fun so far! Not so much when its 2v1. that sucks, but full teams are a hoot! the checking could have a 1-2 second cooldown or diminishing returns, just to keep players focused on the game and not the knockdown spam. The pull ability could be a little stronger...just a tad. there's been times when the ball floated right by me as i was holding RMB. 

looks like i can finally start earning conclave points!

you need to make smooth and friendly surfaces in order to make bounces predictable and reliable, this applies to those ground details and to the columns in the middle of the arena, in the following screenshot my throw is deflected by a small edge in the ground, ball games are all about inertia and predictable ways to interact with it, and those small details are just rng

ZlGp5se.png

it's unplayable in the state it's in. ive played 4 games of it now, and ive yet to see a single team to team pass. i wont touch the mode again until major changes are implemented. something like set positions (you cant go past a certain area of the map) or staggering having a 10-20 second cool-down.

as it stands now, it couldnt be more disappointing. the game mode seems really cool, but getting players to work together in its current state is impossible. it makes me wonder if they even tested it out.

Just noticed something.

SUN ALWAYS WINS.

I'm not even joking, because the Sun always has the host, which means better hit detection. There was one time when I was on moon where I didn't even see the ball as it dropped. I'm seeing some serious issues.

Loving this sport so far.

• Hitting a player without the ball: It can be a strategy but most of the time it's just used to annoy the other players. I'd say make players without the ball invulnerable or have an area of effect around the ball where people can be hit. Making checking a cool-down would take too long on a field this size.
  • Goal area: Needs to be a timer or something before the enemy can re-enter. At the moment they can exit and just walk back in; waiting for the team to touch the ball is just courtesy at the moment.
  • Passing: The start of the move begins where the camera is. A player can be behind you (either in-shot or where the camera should be) and as you throw it'll pass to that person (ally or enemy) instead of going forwards. *The same thing happens with Ash's teleport.
Edited by Postal_pat

Maybe this game mode would make more sense if you are controlling specters or something, you get to choose specters skins and such and at least then it would make sense that you can't do a bullet jump as a grineer lancer specter. That's probably wayyyy to complicated for DE to do though, and they are working on stuff leading up to the war within anyway so even if they did something like this, it would be in a year or so. ;/

To me Lunaro is Brilliant and very refreshing, but i have some issues with it.

1. Players love to spam the melee button with the ball, we should have a foul system so we feel encouraged to tackle our opponents at the right momento and do not just spam the "E" or in my case the "C" Button.

2. We need a better system to track the ball, maybe as far as the ball is, the arrow that signals where it is gets smaller and as close as we get to the ball it gets bigger (PAUSE).

3. We need something for our players to identify who is on our team (maybe like a circle with the color of our team around us) so we know how to make the pass to the right person.

4. i think we need a button to pass independent of the shooting button, because sometimes when we want to pass we shoot and bad things happen.

I think this 4 things will encourage a more strategic aproach to lunaro instead of just tackling the dude with the ball because the button is spammable and because the passing is not the best.

But overall this is so refreshing that i can play the game and not just drink to death in alien blood :DD.

Lots of fun so far.

Only a few things I've got issues with.

• Team visibility - seen suggestions for conclave/team-specific color palettes that might help; team syandanas or some other/new cosmetic might also help
  • Ball transfers - not very clear when you have/lose the ball in the groupings that form around it
  • Bullet jumping - Related to previous, I'd prefer bullet jumping being disabled when carrying the ball instead of it dropping the ball (shoulder tackle seems to be the ball holder's bullet jump as well)
  • Passing - had several occasions where it would pass the ball to a teammate right next to me when actually shooting at the goal. Perhaps a minimum pass distance could help
  • Arena height - maybe just me, but it seems a bit tall because I'd like to always at least have a chance to intercept it without going way over me even while bullet jumping 
  • Arena size - Perhaps a bit small. I'd suggest making it longer to better promote team positioning with passing being a primary way to move the ball down field over just chunking it

Edit: Also, not sure, but is chat/voice chat just your team or everyone in the match?

• Have some latency issues or maybe checking spam where it will say I have the ball, but it will be gone before it seems anybody has actually reached me
  • Multiple occasions where bullet jumping into the ball mid-air doesn't let me keep the ball, not sure if that's unintended or just something I'm missing
  • Given that the ball holder can't slide -> bullet jump -> flip to cover lots of ground, perhaps having a slight speed boost while running could be implemented to help avoid pursuers (and make a better movement with the ball than spamming Shoulder checking)
  • Make the small circle immediately in front of the goal only accessible by that team (perhaps even only 1 at a time) to prevent goalpost clustering/dunking

After a number of matches, (imo) the biggest issue with Lunaro is every player on the field being able to keep up with balls that are thrown. You can throw it the maximum distance, but that doesn't get the ball any further from the people attacking you by the time the person down field has received it.

Edited by Maicael

3 hours ago, Zeroseer said:

Lunaro has the potential to be a ton of fun, but it has a some issues...

1. The FOV is to small. Your warframe blocks to much of the screen and you can't see whats going on

2. The movement speed is SUPER slow. Why do we all run around like Frost? We should be much faster, like Loki with speed mods.

3. The melee is a terrible feature. Everyone just runs around spamming E and thus makes it impossible to even hold the ball for more than a second

4. The area where your player catches the ball is to small. You have to be literally right on top of the ball to even catch it

5. You can't throw the ball far/fast enough. Even holding the fire button down it doesn't travel far

6. There is to many people on the field! 4v4 is way to chaotic and crowded, though this may be more of an issue with #3... consider 3v3 or maybe even 2v2

Yep, all of this is how i noticed lunaro after some plays, the problem with the spamming E and hitting with the melee is to much, you can't hold the ball for a second because of this, when you hold the ball is like if you were holding a pherliac pod and your enemy team instantly turns into infested charger xD.

Another thing that i noticed is that you can't win conclave points if you create a party in invite mode only, and this game mode with lag really hurt the game experience if the host is bad.

It would be better to have markers on the head of your teammate so you can identify them at far distances, because is hard to see who is who, the ball need to be marked all the time too.

Edited by chofranc