Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So is bringing friends along for void runs not going to be a thing anymore?

AdunSaveMe

"Only players with a Projection will be able to select a reward." From the dev workshop.

Does this mean I can't just bring someone along to do a run and get them a reward? I mean, it sorta makes sense since keys aren't a thing, but it would still suck. If you had friends with spare keys it would cut down on the mindless excavation farming a lot.

What they mean by "only players with Projection will be able to select a reward" is that only those with projections will vote which reward will be given to all players in the squad.

Edit: I think on the "all players" part.

Edited by NekroArts

Just now, NekroArts said:

What they mean by "only players with Projection will be able to select a reward" is that only those with projections will vote which reward will be given to all players in the squad.

I sincerely hope that's true!

3 minutes ago, NekroArts said:

No, they clearly said that different players can get different things. You get the reward you selected, and only players with projections will be able to select a reward.

1 minute ago, Lord_Azrael said:

No, they clearly said that different players can get different things. You get the reward you selected, and only players with projections will be able to select a reward.

So the new method of getting prime parts is entirely keyshare-based and not out of generosity? That sounds really &*#@)%$.

3 minutes ago, NekroArts said:

So the new method of getting prime parts is entirely keyshare-based and not out of generosity? That sounds really &*#@)%$.

Well, at least you can still trade parts.

But instead of both of you getting it, now it's one of you. Rad.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

1 minute ago, AdunSaveMe said:

Well, at least you can still trade parts.

But instead of both of you getting it, now it's one of you. Rad.

I'll admit it's a good way to eliminate players that bails on keyshare, but there are times I just feel generous.

I hope that the projections can be traded, though. That would mitigate the problem a bit, but still - this would mean that instead of 4 rewards per key, you would now get 1 reward per key. So... uh...

Better use the keys while they still give 4 times the rewards?

1 minute ago, Tomppak said:

I hope that the projections can be traded, though. That would mitigate the problem a bit, but still - this would mean that instead of 4 rewards per key, you would now get 1 reward per key. So... uh...

Better use the keys while they still give 4 times the rewards?

You mean 4 times random crap you didn't even know was in the drop table anyway? Sure, go ahead.

2 minutes ago, armedpoop said:

Time for part prices to skyrocket.

Or not. It's true there will be less pieces, but on the other hand there will be more chances for everyone so... If people don't find the system frustrating sellers can have a hard time selling stuff on the first days.

Just now, NightmareT12 said:

Or not. It's true there will be less pieces, but on the other hand there will be more chances for everyone so... If people don't find the system frustrating sellers can have a hard time selling stuff on the first days.

My guess is you're right. Prices will drop when people have a higher chance of getting what they search for.

I have mixed feelings about it, but with projections all being rolled into tiers rather than divided by individual mission type, I think it might turn out alright. "We all need a T4 projection" is a lot broader than "we all need T4 interception keys."

Just now, NightmareT12 said:

but on the other hand there will be more chances for everyone so...

You're rolling for 4 rewards under both the current system and the new one. The difference is, instead of rolling one at a time and taking all 4, you roll all of them at once, then pick 1.

This change just mean that if you have no projection > no reward for you at all.

It prevent people from leeching prime parts.

I don't really see a problem with that, especially since projections will probably not be too hard to obtain (just like keys)

On the other hand, bringing friends with a projection means you have more chances to get what you want ;)

Edited by Trichouette

12 minutes ago, Klazik said:

You mean 4 times random crap you didn't even know was in the drop table anyway? Sure, go ahead.

I want Mag Prime Blueprint. I can do a keyshare with friends, let's say 40 minute runs - that's 8 chances for the BP to drop. If we assume that the BP has roughly 1/8 chance to drop per rot C, then, on avarage, you should get the BP once per 8 drops - Obviously, this isn't guaranteed drop, but it means that on avarage, 1 keyshare of 40 minutes each is enough to get the part you want.

On the other hand, I can wait for that T4 key to be turned into a projection which has 1 chance for the reward I'm looking for - and I highly doubt the chance will be as good as those detailed in the example above. (not to mention that I'll also get 16 rot A rewards, 8 rot B rewards, and 7 other rot C rewards - Yeah, that sounds a lot better than 1 chance for a prime part. Even if I don't get what I want, that's a lot of prime parts to sell for ducats.)

Honestly, I think it's a good system. It will actually have us play the game and explore the map. The whole reason for this was to end void fatigue where we see the same tiles all the time. A side benefit is more nodes will be active than Draco, Heircon, whatever. 

If you're worried about your friends, trade them projections, or take them on spy runs. Current spy missions drop keys and can be completed very quickly with a squad. 

Lastly, even with the dev workshop, we don't have all the info. There is an aspect of discovery for this, and the devs are faster than other developers to ship out hotfixes and tweaks.

9 minutes ago, CrazyCortex said:

If you're worried about your friends, trade them projections, or take them on spy runs. Current spy missions drop keys and can be completed very quickly with a squad.

Or get them a frost, teach them how to use it (refreshing a bubble when it's taking a lot of fire to boost its strength.  Using bubbles as cover, which is better if you can fire from an elevated position so melee units can't get behind you while sniping.  Removing unwanted bubbles by firing ability 1 at them), and run excavation missions.

31 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

This change just mean that if you have no projection > no reward for you at all.

It prevent people from leeching prime parts.

I don't really see a problem with that, especially since projections will probably not be too hard to obtain (just like keys)

On the other hand, bringing friends with a projection means you have more chances to get what you want ;)

People couldn't leach prime parts. You had to invite them.

1 minute ago, ChaoSoldier1986 said:

I'm so sick of Keysharing, if you wanted to go, use your own damn keys. Thats like inviting someone to  dinner and expecting them to pay.

It's more like 4 people each get a pizza, and you get to eat from all 4. Keysharing is a great system as long as people don't leave.

As for projections, this means that junk prime parts will not be so cheap, which in turn means that baro's stuff will be much more expensive.