Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Something That Will Happen If Base Damage Mods Are Removed

R34LM

I hadn't really thought of this, but what is going to happen to all of the exalted weapons? A change for regular weapons has already been suggested, that their damage will increase with their level, but where does this leave exalted weapons? If all the base damage mods are removed then exalted weapons do lose out on damage.

Edited by R34LM
Changed faulty wording and removed multishot mods from context

2 minutes ago, VisionAndVoice said:

[citation needed]

It was suggested during one of the devstreams when they discussed removing Serration and Split Chamber. I cannot recall which one.

Keep in mind that they aren't going to remove the Multishot mods, they're going to rework them so that they actually use up more ammo. With that in mind too is that they're hoping to look at a lot of weapons that chew through ammo way too much to make sure they won't chew more with the new multishot.

12 minutes ago, VisionAndVoice said:

Well, "suggested" does not equal "established". I saw that devstream as well, they did not talk about it as if it was something they settled on.

Yeah, my choice of words wasn't correct.

24 minutes ago, R34LM said:

If all the base damage mods are removed then exalted weapons do lose out on damage.

If weapons end up with their damage set by their rank (a notion that is damaged somewhat by the recent change where weapons start with "free mod points" based on your own mastery rank),  then I would guess weapon-like abilities would have their damage set by the rank of the frame.  Logical?

6 minutes ago, Aurea_Hiigara said:

By Exalted weapons I assume you mean things like Vaykor Hek, Synoid Simulor etc.?

Other than the means of acquiring them, what makes them different from any other weapon that they won't scale like everything else if that is the path DE chooses?

OP means the exalted ability weapons: Peace Maker, Exalted Blade, Artemis Bow, & Primal Fury.

Edited by reptillicus

7 minutes ago, Aurea_Hiigara said:

By Exalted weapons I assume you mean things like Vaykor Hek, Synoid Simulor etc.?

Other than the means of acquiring them, what makes them different from any other weapon that they won't scale like everything else if that is the path DE chooses?

No exalted weapons as in Exalted Blade, Hyteria, Primal Fury, Peacemaker etc.

ability weapons that scale based in damage mods.

Edited by PoisonHD

What part of "obviously everything will need to be rebalanced" do people not understand?

Better yet, why doesn't anyone listen to DE speak past the part that they don't like what they hear? Is it really so hard to continue listening calmly to a person finish their sentence before flying into a frenzy and freaking out? You guys wouldn't do that in real life... right?

They may not remove the base damage mods entirely. They may just change how you apply them, so that they no longer take up mod slots.

They still serve a function as a progression tool and resource sink for early players.

32 minutes ago, VisionAndVoice said:

Well, "suggested" does not equal "established". I saw that devstream as well, they did not talk about it as if it was something they settled on.

Is this why primed pressure point was a problem for damage 3.0? That they were toying with the idea of totally removing pressure point and now there's a primed mod, kind of solidifying the idea that damage mods will stay? 

Exalted abilities are already dependant on the ability rank so if base damage mods are removed you only need to tweak that value, either they start at the same value as of now at 0 rank but the amount of base damage per rank is increased or they start at rank 0 at a higher value, afterall they only need to reach the same base damage as with the mod when reaching max rank.

My question is, if this change is implemented, what will happen to primed mods who add base damage like primed pressure point/point blank?

Have you thought that, maybe, this:

The base damage mods are removed, but the damage increase is affected by level instead (Steve's concept for it from the DevStream) = Damage of Exalted weapons scaling off the increasing base damage of the weapon.

A person levelling up the warframe and the weapon at the same time would get more return, while a person levelling a new warframe with a maxed weapon would get better damage from the moment the ability unlocked.

This way just taking a weapon boosts your damage, even without mods on it, and you have more mod-slots free to add a decent build to make sure the weapon functions as both an Exalted booster and as a regular weapon.

Not sure why you removed MultiShot from exalted weapon talk (Artemis Bow?)

Would it count as increased or doubled energy drain per fire...as Artemis Bow counts as Energy drain per fire shot???

I see either weapon damage all around getting lowered ...which would be fine if accompanied by Damage 3.0 rework

Or

DE can tie damage to weapon level just like Finisher Multipliers currently are.

Higher the weapon level the higher the base damage. (Currently all Melee weapons have same Finisher multiplier based on weapon level with level 30 being 8x times 400% Stealth Multiplier for 32x total Finisher multiplier)*

For Exalted weapons that take from the equipped Weapon mods...I assume they could also attach equipped Weapon level in regards to Base damage boost....which I think would be better than a Flat Damage boost on exalted weapons for the sake of Sortie Challenge types:

Melee only Sortie should not have Artemis Bow with free built in Maxed Serration...if tied to Primary Weapon level then using Artemis Bow without a Primary equipped would perform the same as currently using no Primary Weapon with Artemis Bow.

Same for Sniper/Shotgun/Assault Rifle only for Exalted Blade, Primal Fury, and Hysteria: rather than these abilities getting a flat damage buff if Serration, Pressure Point, Point Blank, and Hornet Strike get removed. They can tie the base damage boost into equipped Melee weapon level.

Believe Regulators on Mesa may also be considered Exalted weapons now*