Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update: Specters of the Rail

[DE]Drew

I know it's a little too soon.... but could you fix game practically getting stuck whenever I enter the holster menu or kubrow menu?

plus.... I'm no sure if you guys wanted to do this but is the heavy blade really meant to not make me advance at all when I melee enemies?

War, scindo and all heavy weapons really suck now... can't even reach enemies :/

oh yes, game launches in window mode despite what I do in display menu in-game, I have to manually configure that in the launcher everytime.

Edited by Sonicmycr

4 things
1. Mag Prime and Boar Prime ... they are in non of the relics that I have from my Keys being converted ... We don't have tons of time left to get them and I wanted to get the Boar Prime again

2. WHY force us to have to wait 3 more days to get the Kavats after waiting 3 weeks for them ... not cool

3. The market ... Why didn't we get a warning that only Plat prices would show and we have to click on that to find the blueprint for the item Plus ... lots of items are missing and need to be searched for ... Dna stablizers , the Kavat Incubator segment, just to name a few

4.  Archwing slots ... No offense .. having not had these before and not being able to sell archwings or weapons to make room and being forced to pay plat to get slots is sorta scummy

Sorry guys, but the exact user Warframe icon on the minimap is just bad, and I feel it being unnecessary. Just crowds up the minimap with no real purpose. If anything you can put the past Tenno symbols on the map with correspoding number of the player, same to the number with which their Waypoint is marked. Much less confusion and less minimap icon crowding.

Why does every Hypetrain stops at Saltrocket station?  Who would you blame if you would buy yourself a whife and she would run away? If you would step in a dogs poop on the pavement, wouldnt your shoe be more upset than you? If a snake swollows a spider does spider bites it from inside? Why cant we have cancer cure? look deeper TENNO...

When I heard about a large update to Warframe that was coming up a few days ago from a friend of mine, it piqued my interest. I have enjoyed Warframe on and off in the past, and never stopped playing because of the game itself, mostly due to external factors like work and college. This post is written without really reading the other posts in the thread, if someone else has stated something here, I apologize for reiterating it.

After download the update today, I was interested in several parts of it. The promise to break the tedium (though I never personally found it that annoying to do Void missions prior) of farming the Void seemed like it could add on to the gameplay of Warframe in a new and interesting manner. The addition of player owned Kavats seemed to be nice, and as one who never really liked Archwing missions, I was happy to see they were being retouched. The changes to the map were a bit odd, but I did like the original node based system that the game had so long ago, and have never really had any qualms about the map's style at any point.

But this update does mark the first time I will stop playing Warframe because of issues with the game itself. I will enumerate below, but for now I will go over the aspects of the update I enjoy, because I feel it is necessary to point out how little of this update is actually bad. Though the small part that is bad is incredibly game breaking.

-The Kavats are not bad, though the one variant I obtained through your starter kit was so visually unappealing I sold it immediately. I was expecting something cat-like, and while the body matched expectations I could not stand the look of its tiny head at all. The abilities on the Kavats seem interesting, and the animation of them is done well, with their movements and attacks seeming graceful compared to the Kubrow's brutish and powerful motions. Definitely a worthy counterpart to Tenno's best friend.

-The solar map is nice, a bit confusing at first glance, but it is reminiscent of the original node based system. When reading the patch notes, I was worried about not being able to go to each planet I had painstakingly unlocked, but I found that I could, with the exception of Sedina, where I lost some nodes (but had two unlocked so I could do missions there). It is kind of small though, and a bit hard to read. I wouldn't mind the text and/or nodes being a bit larger, and I would recommend stellar lines between planets so you can easily tell at a glance what leads where.

-I like seeing the drop chance on my relics. Buckle in, this is the only good thing about your new void system I like.

Now the part that actually makes this game basically unplayable.

Void Rifts do not actually introduce new gameplay, they make existing gameplay tedious, and are literally the opposite of their intended purpose.

Let's start with them not introducing new gamplay. I mean, from a certain perspective they do. But really it is an excavation digger with not HP bar that has a three minute failure timer. Separate from that, but in the same location, it dumps enemies into a tiny corner at an alarming rate. These enemies, from the few missions I did, have an absurdly large chance to be Heavy Gunners or Bombards that are 10+ levels higher than the mission the rift is on that can act before being damageable. Unlike enemies swarming from portals in old Void Assassinate/Sabotage missions, they do not fully spawn before taking action. I was knocked off of a cliff by a Bombard that was still invulnerable, only to respawn inside of a Corpus Nullifier. The worst part? It will ALWAYS be this exact fight, regardless of Rfit level, base mission type, mission level, mission planet... Always, always, always Excavation with infinitely spawning heavy enemies in extremely close proximity.

It should not need to be explained how this then makes gameplay tedious. It's the same thing, every time. I do not defend, exterminate, survive, sabotage, intercept, or do anything else. I excavate a Void Rift. The mission surrounding the Rift is different, but that does not really mean anything. That does not make the experience of getting my Void item any different. To get a Void item, I must excavate a Void Rift. Period. I do not like always excavating a Void Rift. I actually extremely dislike this, and will not play Warframe as long as it exists. It is dull, tedious, and artificially increases the difficulty of getting Void items by a significant margin.

I recommend you bring back the old Void missions and re-approach the Void Rift idea. I think that you might find more success in Void Rifts being enterable (replacing T1 and T2 keys) like in Void Sabotage missions, and have the mission then change to a side mission of closing the Rift from the Void side via different means. Afterwards, the players' relics are charged from exposure to the Void, the Rift closes, and the mission proceeds as normal, but the players' Relics are open now. I would not make this exclusive of the other Void, and would make Keys and Relics separate items. Relics contain lower grade Void items, can contain keys to 3 or 4s, and potentially each one has a single rare drop that only comes from the Relic. Rifts are not always open, and function as alerts of a different type, meaning people who want things from Relics, rush to do them and help each other. Meanwhile people who want high end, late game Void items do the more difficult Void missions to get these special pieces of gear. This method helps new players build their power until they can successfully hold their own in the Void itself with their new Void weapons/frames/forma, etc.

I rly love how my Kubro roams my ship and i am so excited for the kittys...

SPOILER: i love the way the junctions work it looks epic as ****!

BUTT!

The relic system is plain S#&$, i stood around a fissure with my friends we killed the few unfortunate enemies that showed up and picked the good loot one of our relics gave.

That was the most unexiting thing i ever witnessed in Warframe. Gone are the days of being 1h+ into a survival mission and arguing with friends if we should push harder to aquire the sweet loot of the next 5 minute mark. I mean why would i even go on one of those beautiful open end missions if theres nothing worth ?

I rly love Warframe i still do but this is terrible  :(

3 minutes ago, Nozarashi7 said:

I rly love how my Kubro roams my ship and i am so excited for the kittys...

SPOILER: i love the way the junctions work it looks epic as ****!

BUTT!

The relic system is plain S#&$, i stood around a fissure with my friends we killed the few unfortunate enemies that showed up and picked the good loot one of our relics gave.

That was the most unexiting thing i ever witnessed in Warframe. Gone are the days of being 1h+ into a survival mission and arguing with friends if we should push harder to aquire the sweet loot of the next 5 minute mark. I mean why would i even go on one of those beautiful open end missions if theres nothing worth ?

I rly love Warframe i still do but this is terrible  :(

this. so much this.

Ok, I officialy don't care about this update until they'll fix the damn bug when you're reward screen is stuck after each mission and you have to ALT+F4 the game. Also every time I do that, it will revert my display mode to windowed. I'm not going to do this after each mission....

3 minutes ago, LWinter1 said:

It will ALWAYS be this exact fight, regardless of Rfit level, base mission type, mission level, mission planet... Always, always, always Excavation with infinitely spawning heavy enemies in extremely close proximity.

Haven't finished my download yet, but if it indeed is like this... oh boy

4 minutes ago, Yetman said:

Haven't finished my download yet, but if it indeed is like this... oh boy

can confirm. timed excavation with a little searching ala sabotage. THEY LITERALLY ALL SPAWN in one spot, nullifiers and all, no warmup time, paired with the nully buff it makes frost useless at it. they all spawn instantly, but you need their drops to put in the rift or you fail.

Edited by montz14

Probably already mentioned here, but the item linking popup is showing up behind the chat window so its hard to read and selecting something ( if thats meant to be? ) isn't working.

Enjoying exploring the update so far!

PS: Still no star emoji :C

Edited by Star

15 minutes ago, Old.Gregg said:

All this bickering and complaining. Guys no update comes without bugs, the reason why we have hotfixes.

Instead of pouting and raging. Help fix the bugs by reporting them.

Voicing opinions about the change also helps DE to make the game more enjoyable for people, even if some people are less tactful about them as others. Not everyone is of the "shut up, bend over, and take it" mentality.

Edited by PigeonFish

Just now, StealthDragoon said:

Sad to see that the Steam Controller build hasn't been touched...

Did you all know you can't revive when you're dead? That's it been like this since the Inaros update?

GG

there is no steam controller revive button...? wtf?

This is important!!! I have a game braking bug that makes me stuck on reward screen and im unable to close it, whenever I complete a mission. I have to close warframe and relog in every time I complete a mission DE fix this is ASAP !!!! Lovely update but did they even playtest before releasing???