Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

War Within Hype Thread (You Must Prepare)

duhadventure

Just now, GreyEnneract said:

All updates are bugged, whether they were rushed or not.

In the case of U13, U14, and U16 the bugs were game breaking, even though 16 was delayed to become the 2nd longest wait for an update.

The "less bugs" argument is really becoming stale. Bugs will be in every update, 100%. Having more time to work on an update doesn't even eliminate game breaking bugs, which can be seen with just the few examples above.

Time spent only matters up to an extent. There's a reason why major companies have deadlines. If they did not, their games would never release.

Ehhh I was more just looking for the oppurtunity to make a Direct TV joke XD Honestly though we technically haven't waited that long because Lunaro DID come out. While not what people wanted it was in and of itself, a major update. Not as massive as SotR true, but it still is considered a major update. 

Just now, gunslinger20121 said:

Ehhh I was more just looking for the oppurtunity to make a Direct TV joke XD Honestly though we technically haven't waited that long because Lunaro DID come out. While not what people wanted it was in and of itself, a major update. Not as massive as SotR true, but it still is considered a major update. 

Lunaro (and only Lunaro) was released early as a "Part 1" to get people to test their little mode in time for their Tennocon tournament so it would be somewhat balanced.

Calling Lunaro a major update would be the same as calling Wyrmius a major update. Which would be channel 249 on Direct TV.

Hmm. Either looks like we'll get it tomorrow, or very late tonight.

Either or sounds good to me, but. I'd prefer earlier.
Though I guess fixing bugs is the best course of action. So I don't mind a delay. ^^ As long as it ain't a week xD

6 minutes ago, gunslinger20121 said:

Technically we have waited about 7 months for a major update. At least, as far as those of us who only give a F*** about Lunaro in the sense that we see it as pointless in a PvE game. That's not to say everyone sees it that way, but a great many do. And yes, I have played Lunaro. And conclave. Conclave is am unbalanced, instakilling mess, and Lunaro a checkspam fest. Not that I care personally, but it makes me see even less of a point to their existance on my behalf, other than for the few mods made for it that we can use in PvE.

Edit: I do not intend to devbash in any way, they do great work. Their decision making seems a tad bit on the odd side however, at times. I suppose both SotR and WW are both much larger than lunaro, so they figured they'd get the smallest portion done and over with before they started on the big boy. Still, that means that we get the prelude to the main course as far as PvE is concerned. Then... Wait. What, 2, 3 weeks? Color me impatient lol.

Edited by BulletsforTeeth

4 minutes ago, Nelizar said:

Hmm. Either looks like we'll get it tomorrow, or very late tonight.

Either or sounds good to me, but. I'd prefer earlier.
Though I guess fixing bugs is the best course of action. So I don't mind a delay. ^^ As long as it ain't a week xD

Don't get your popcorn until Steve begins tearing his hair out on twitter, LOL

1 minute ago, BulletsforTeeth said:

Don't get your popcorn until Steve begins tearing his hair out on twitter, LOL

Hah! True. I guess the one positive thing is that there HASN'T been any updates on if we are getting it tonight or tomorrow.
Hence the possibility we may get it tonight.

12 minutes ago, GreyEnneract said:

Lunaro (and only Lunaro) was released early as a "Part 1" to get people to test their little mode in time for their Tennocon tournament so it would be somewhat balanced.

Calling Lunaro a major update would be the same as calling Wyrmius a major update. Which would be channel 249 on Direct TV.

I did say technically XD Edit: How many channels does Direct TV even have? the way the commercials make it sound, they have thousands more than cable XD

9 minutes ago, BulletsforTeeth said:

Technically we have waited about 7 months for a major update. At least, as far as those of us who only give a F*** about Lunaro in the sense that we see it as pointless in a PvE game. That's not to say everyone sees it that way, but a great many do. And yes, I have played Lunaro. And conclave. Conclave is am unbalanced, instakilling mess, and Lunaro a checkspam fest. Not that I care personally, but it makes me see even less of a point to their existance on my behalf, other than for the few mods made for it that we can use in PvE.

Edit: I do not intend to devbash in any way, they do great work. Their decision making seems a tad bit on the odd side however, at times. I suppose both SotR and WW are both much larger than lunaro, so they figured they'd get the smallest portion done and over with before they started on the big boy. Still, that means that we get the prelude to the main course as far as PvE is concerned. Then... Wait. What, 2, 3 weeks? Color me impatient lol.

I know where you are coming from. I did try Lunaro and didn't touch it at all after that, but at least it was something.

Edited by gunslinger20121

33 minutes ago, BulletsforTeeth said:

Yea, I'm a bit torn.

On one hand, I want a quality update. On the other, we were supposed to have multiple cinematic quests this year, but at their current pace, the next major update we get will be next February, which is ridiculous. The time between large updates is just getting longer and longer, and they're the only times we get these big content drops. I don't mean to be impatient, I just think it's a bit silly that we are told that we'd have plenty of Cinematic Quests this year and we don't even have one yet and we're past the half way point. DE seriously needs to figure out time management and such, considering major updates take vets maybe a couple of months to get tired of, and we only get them every 7 months. 

Sorry if I seem whiney, I just think that it's a little off that the ratio of development time to player completion time is so unbalanced. 

1 hour ago, CoRRh said:

Yea, I'm a bit torn.

On one hand, I want a quality update. On the other, we were supposed to have multiple cinematic quests this year, but at their current pace, the next major update we get will be next February, which is ridiculous. The time between large updates is just getting longer and longer, and they're the only times we get these big content drops. I don't mean to be impatient, I just think it's a bit silly that we are told that we'd have plenty of Cinematic Quests this year and we don't even have one yet and we're past the half way point. DE seriously needs to figure out time management and such, considering major updates take vets maybe a couple of months to get tired of, and we only get them every 7 months. 

Sorry if I seem whiney, I just think that it's a little off that the ratio of development time to player completion time is so unbalanced. 

You are entirely on point however. Between obtaining dalies, I have not really done almost anything in Warframe for 2 months as there is pretty much nothing for players like me to pursue currently. I do hope DE will recognize the scope of what they do and tone down a litlle because it is unnecessary to try to impress players with more and more breathtaking updates, and taking long will make some players absent. Eventually taking too long can result in an overall net loss if there are more players who left than players who come back.

With all that being said, I do not think even DE planned it would take this long for them to release a major Update, and it probably has only taken this when they became ambitious, wanting to please so hard that it created scope-creep. That love for the community and hard work I do appreciate. Though I do wish this would also teach DE a lot and they'd leave this as a one timer lesson of too much, and enforce some kind of boundaries in the future.

The game lives and dies by the Update contents, not because there is not much of it but because Warframe is so insanely good game that players sink in thousands of hours and force the game to no longer offer new content until a new Update.

Edited by BETAOPTICS
Grammar fixes, tablet writing sucks.

I don't know what to expect after the last pointless ball game update. - - 

I'm spending all remaining Tower Capture keys because that must be the quickest way to turn them in for Prime stuff, leaving tons of Survival/Defense keys for the transition to the new Void system.

only things that look intresting are Junctions and Archwing.I did not touch butwing since its launch cause it looks,feals and handels like crap.as far as junctions seems intresting eaven tho part of me was that everyone will have to redo solar map.and im glad the map caught up with lore cause in second dream it is said that void colapsed and as for void rifts if they are similar to tears in moon spy misions then it will be intresting